: STS-V problems

coronamoto
07-27-09, 04:50 PM
I'm looking at buying a 2006 STS-V and I'm interested to see what the problems other owners are haveing with this vehicle. Is there a thread any where that compiles the problems people are having? I tried the seach option and I see that CTS-V has a problem thread but not STS-V. Any help on where to look? Should we start our own "catalog of problems"?

Florian
07-27-09, 05:01 PM
My biggest problem is keeping my right foot off the firewall.

F

CIWS
07-27-09, 05:27 PM
This is not a real problematic car. But here's one thread we started about parts we've had replaced.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-v-series-forum/156155-replaced-parts-thread.html

try2k
07-30-09, 05:31 PM
The only problems I have had with my '06 are: 1. The very noisy Pirelli Run Flats (Replaced yesterday with Michelin PS) 2. A leaky front cover seal. 3. The rear end seal was replaced under a recall. Otherwise, flawless. Only 25K miles however.

WillySTS
07-30-09, 09:32 PM
I'm in a position to see a lot of V problems, although mine has only had a few of them.

One is the old N* lower crankcase/oil pan/rear seal leak.

I've seen an engine replaced for coolant leaking through the block, which was dicovered while replacing the rear seal.

A few steering gear replacements or sometimes just an o-ring.

A few water pumps.

A couple of intercooler pumps.

A couple of radiators(don't try that one at home, it's a nasty job).

I had to put 3 passenger seat modules in my car for the passenger side air bag not activating with a regulation sized adult in the seat. We've also replace about 4-5 of these other than mine.

1 diff replacement, but this guy does track days(see diff cooler thread).

A couple of SES lights,one was a pinched wire under the S/charger, 1st time we replaced a knock sensor, so the S/charger had to come off twice.

Catalyst replacement twice.

O2 sensor prior to cats replaced on one car

A lot of Nav radio updates.

My Cruise control switch stopped working and had to be replaced.

I had a sunroof rattle fixed and that squeaky seat fixed.

I've had 3 headlights replaced.

And that's about all I can think that I have seen STS-V's come in for.

55cadillacking
07-30-09, 10:33 PM
My only problem is the lack of knowledge/skill on the part of the technicians when it comes to working on it. There are some very knowledgeable people who contribute to this forum, but it can be difficult finding anyone with expertise from my experience.

nlharter
07-30-09, 11:14 PM
I've heard of this squeky seat one. Mine definately squeks when I shift my weight while sitting. Could this possibly be fixed?

CIWS
07-31-09, 08:32 AM
I've heard of this squeky seat one. Mine definately squeks when I shift my weight while sitting. Could this possibly be fixed?

Yeah there's a TSB on it and if done right fixes the issue. (it solved mine)

jwall09
08-01-09, 12:51 AM
Yeah there's a TSB on it and if done right fixes the issue. (it solved mine)

Mine too!