: Spark Plugs ACDELCO or somthign els ?

ThumperPup
07-27-09, 03:24 PM
Ok im curiosue i was at the shop today i asked the mechanic how much they would charge to change the plugs he tried saying that if i wanted acdelco there list on that what they would charge for the plugs would be 12 a plug
i could pic my own up and for 6 a peace and he would charge 70 to do the labor
but he also said that he woudltn recoment acdelco he said there are better once i can get cheaper
what do you all recoment
should i get ACDELCO or KNG or am i spelling that worng i foget
but is there a plug that you trust more than ACDELCO ?

THanks

Kick94sts
07-27-09, 03:33 PM
AC Delco is the only choice if you want them to last. Well worth the $12/plug (although I got mine for $9, but that was a bit ago) But I gained nearly 3mpg and it runs oh so much smoother.

iametarq
07-27-09, 03:55 PM
I trust the Delco's I put in 56,000 miles ago.

ThumperPup
07-27-09, 03:57 PM
AC Delco is the only choice if you want them to last. Well worth the $12/plug (although I got mine for $9, but that was a bit ago) But I gained nearly 3mpg and it runs oh so much smoother.

yeah i am going to go with the delco i have decided
i can stop at summit on my way to akron tomorrow and pick up the delco for 5.70 a plug i think there
thats what is said online
i just can tbelive this shop was going to charge 100 percent for having to put ther eonly 6 a plug up they where going to charge me 12 for lol

CadillacSTS42005
07-27-09, 04:05 PM
Delco
PERIOD

Ranger
07-27-09, 04:56 PM
One more time. A/C Delco. I think 2000+ uses 41-987's. $12 a piece is highway robbery.

N*Caddy
07-27-09, 06:30 PM
This question should not be asked, almost every page of this forum has a similar post.

AC DELCO

Submariner409
07-27-09, 07:42 PM
The same answer was given to the same OP 6 months ago.

Sevillian273
07-27-09, 08:34 PM
Autolite double platinum! Never had an issue with these....

ThumperPup
07-27-09, 08:57 PM
The same answer was given to the same OP 6 months ago.

might have been less then 6 months ago becosue id idnt evne own the seville 6 months ago
but never did hav eit doen and i forgot to wrigte down what i was told before so just wanted to make sure that there was nothign better than delco
and now i know only use delco
this mechanic who wass goign to do ti tried telling me that there are better plugs and he wouldnt use delco so i just wanted to make sure and get the right info on what to use here thanks
for puttign up with my questions a second time around

N*Caddy
07-27-09, 10:17 PM
My mechanic tried to shove NGK up my ... in several occasions. He does lots or Honda, Toyota, Pontiac, VW, Chrysler, and ONE Cadillac. The repairs in my case are "replace that, that and that with this that and that", I make the decisions and take no advice.
Well actually spark plugs I will be shamed to ask a mechanic to change for me…is fairly easy as long as you know the threads in those heads are aluminum.
I learned one trick from an old Citroen boxer engine with aluminum heads, use a fairly stiff hose slightly longer than the sprk plug well and just thick enough to hold the end of the spark plug. When screwing the plugs into the block use the hose as a wrench then when the hose will slip (end of the thread) use a torque wrench. This way you will never have enough torque to cross thread the spark plug using the hose.

Ranger
07-27-09, 10:37 PM
That's exactly how I did the rear's on my '97.

kckranz
07-28-09, 07:59 AM
ACDELCO or KNG or am i spelling that worng i foget
but is there a plug that you trust more than ACDELCO ?

THanks

:confused: Most of your posts are alphabet soup. Perfect spelling and grammar are not expected here but if you spend a little more time on these your posts will be much easier on the eyes. Make use of the spell check tool available in the post staging editor.

SPreston2001
07-28-09, 09:38 AM
Lol yeah what kranz said ^^ :histeric:

Submariner409
07-28-09, 09:55 AM
Funny like weird, not funny like ha-ha.......but my Olds 455's absolutely love NGK Iridium plugs, while Northstars hate them - poor performance and nagging missing.

ThumperPup
07-28-09, 11:05 AM
i have never changed the plugs on my own before in any cars and i wish i had someone who lived closer by to me that should show me how to do it my one problem is
i don't want to dig in and do things and screw it up I'm scared that i might really screw up the engine or do something really bad to make the car not good the first time i do something to anything i like to be able to see someone do it and then i can do it myself after for the next time

if anyone knows anyone who live with in a 1 or 2 hour area from cleveland that might want to make a little cash on the side and help me so i can see WHO its Deon and learn to do it
let me know

I'm just scared ill dig into it the first time and screw it up
and then if i do screw it up and have to take it to a shop the shops around here ass asses try and bs with with you and charge you even more for screwing up what they have to fix LOL

Thanks

SPreston2001
07-28-09, 11:46 AM
Trust me a plug change is a walk in the park on these cars. Im sure there is a write up on here with some pictures. If you take your time you can do this job yourself. All you need is a few sockets, an extension, and a torque wrench. Very very easy.

Ranger
07-28-09, 04:12 PM
Don't even need a torque wrench.

ThumperPup
07-28-09, 05:52 PM
right now i don't have the tools and dont have the cash to get them right now
and i wouldnt feel ok doing it the first time on my own unless there was an actualy video i could see
i always screw up evyerhign the first time unless i can see it doen in more that pictures i always have trouble doing things wich is not a easy thing to admit but i know i am afraid to do things on my own the first time