: Help me..2004 EXT...want 3.5mm aux hookup

93civEJ1
07-27-09, 10:32 AM
Can someone tell me the easiest / cheapest way to add a 3.5mm headphone aux cable in our trucks in order to hookup a random MP3 player, or cell phone headphone jack etc?

I know in my car I was able to just make a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and plug into an aux plug and play my MP3 player, but havent figured out a way to on our trucks.

I also do not care if it takes away the XM radio capibility or not either.

Help me !!!!

93civEJ1
07-27-09, 10:41 AM
I tried a metra / axxess AIP-GM01-ID but couldnt get it to work at all.

fierodough
07-27-09, 11:20 AM
safest way is to use an FM modulator. Hardwire it and mount it in the center console.

93civEJ1
07-27-09, 01:39 PM
safest way is to use an FM modulator. Hardwire it and mount it in the center console.

What is that and where do you get one of these?

Proven to work?

Thats not some junk you tune in on a FM frequency is it??

93civEJ1
07-27-09, 03:22 PM
nm......I did it for free in about 15 mins out in the parking lot at work...works perfect!...yes!!

skills2005
07-28-09, 10:56 AM
Wireless FM modulator is that was to go.... no wiring just plug your mp3 player in, set the channel and there you go.

93civEJ1
07-29-09, 04:23 PM
Do you guys understand how crappy those are compared to a direct connection?

Besides, why would I do that now when I can listen to satellite radio over my phone with a 3.5mm aux direct connection, or hook up my MP3 player as well when I want.....all with great sound quality and no tuning in a channel.

You guys are doing it wrong.

Superior Detailing
07-31-09, 01:24 PM
I purchased a Peripheral (now PAC) Ipod adapter that also included a 3.5 jack with cord. You get steering wheel mounted control of your Ipod, retain satellite radio, and you get the jack. Price was around $130 and an hour to install due to fitment/cord placement issues behind the head unit. Works great though, I would highly recommend it.

blackextaustralia
02-09-10, 06:37 PM
i purchased a peripheral (now pac) ipod adapter that also included a 3.5 jack with cord. You get steering wheel mounted control of your ipod, retain satellite radio, and you get the jack. Price was around $130 and an hour to install due to fitment/cord placement issues behind the head unit. Works great though, i would highly recommend it.

highly recommended!!

Esco04
02-10-10, 12:53 PM
I second (third?) the recommendation on the PAC adapter. Like SD said, it has inputs for Ipod and an auxiliary jack, you can use either or both. So you can have both an Ipod and a cell phone with music on it w/3.5mm jack (or any MP3 player) & switch back & forth between them using the source button on your steering wheel. Both inputs are line in, so much better sound quality than FM modulators. More spendy, but sounds great & totally stealth. :D