: Cruise Control Vacuum Routing

sven914
07-27-09, 02:42 AM
My 89 Brougham (Olds 307) has had vacuum issues for a very long time, and I have finally attempted to fix the problems, by replacing and color coding the hoses. I found out that most of the hoses were routed to the wrong places, so I spent a day rerouting them to the correct ports, in reference to the vacuum diagram on the front clip. I found where everything goes, and the engine is running as smooth as glass, but I could not figure out where the cruise control servo plugs in to the system.

I told one of college instructors about my problems and he gave me a hand drawn schematic of the vacuum lines for his 85 Electra. He also gave me a schematic specifically for the Cruise control as well, but I notice that some of the things on the main emissions hose routing, were different form that of the Brougham. Is this the proper routing for the Cruise Control used on the Brougham?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=375&pictureid=4531

If this routing is correct, then what does the check valve look like (pics?)? Is the Vac tank, the football shaped vacuum canister, mounted on the fender? And being that I only have one line coming from the football shaped canister, and it is routed to the Knock sensor and the intake manifold, I had to T into that one line (my brake booster is also coming off of it), so can I T into again for the Cruise Control?

RocketFast321
08-06-09, 02:11 AM
http://members.dandy.net/~k0xp/Oldsmobile/OldsDiagrams.htm

The 84 had the CC layout.

sven914
08-06-09, 10:58 PM
First of all, thank you very much.

So, then is that the same vacuum canister for the Climate Control or is that the one mounted on the passenger fender?

And if it is the one on the fender, then would I "T" the line into the manifold line or the line coming off the canister?

I found a complete 307 in a junk yard, and the driver's side vacuum port on the servo was routed across the engine and "T'ed" into the line off the canister on the fender. The other connection of the "T" went to the brake booster, and there was nothing going to manifold.

RocketFast321
08-07-09, 02:12 AM
Ok i been drinking a little....well alot

The ball on the fender is for the CC. Your Climate Control should be like the auto climate control on my wagon where everything is control by little motors. Just build your CC by the 84 specs and it should work. Key word is should.

sven914
08-07-09, 06:37 PM
I got it working.

My emissions hose routing is messed up so I didn't route it exactly like on the diagram you gave me.

I found a complete 307 in a junk yard, and the driver's side vacuum port on the servo was routed across the engine and "T'ed" into the line off the canister on the fender. The other connection of the "T" went to the brake booster, and there was nothing going to manifold.

I was wrong when I said the other side of the connection was routed to the brake booster; it went through the fire wall, under the booster, and it was routed through something that looked like the check valve. So I spliced into the hose coming off the canister, between where I spliced it for the manifold connection and the knock sensor. I basically have three 3 ways in one line, and one of them goes to the check valve, I think.

Either way; it works. After three years of not being able to use cruise control, the system works.

Thank you again.

-SVEN-