: New Owner Here

Hot05DiamondSTS
07-27-09, 12:07 AM
Hi everyone...just picked up my STS on Monday and I totally love it. I couldn't resist, a 2005 STS with 42k miles for $17,000 I had to have it. I now need help with the CD player. Mine had the single CD player, but I found a nice factory 6 disc changer on Ebay for $150.00....one problem, the seller said it works but I have to get the unlock code from a dealership. He also said that some dealerships will just give it to you over the phone, but some will ask you to go to the dealership so they can do it themselves and charge you for it. My question is, has anyone already done this and how would I be able to do it? Thanks to all and this is a great forum.

Unique Distributing
07-27-09, 12:39 AM
. He also said that some dealerships will just give it to you over the phone,.

Haha NO CHANCE. why would the dealership give you a code over the phone. This would mean anyone can jsut steal radios and call up the dealerships for the theft lock codes!.. I would contact the dealership before buying anything !

Congrats ont he new buy!!! This forum will help you alot

next2pool
07-27-09, 12:53 AM
There is no code--the VIN needs to be matched with a tech tool by the dealer--the cost is u o them.

Hot05DiamondSTS
07-28-09, 10:10 PM
Man that sucks, God knows how much the dealer will charge me but hey, I still love my STS...just washed it again this morning, thats twice this week:D Thanks guys, now I just want to add some performance parts and everything will be awesome:lildevil:

K STS
07-28-09, 10:21 PM
there are no performance parts.

SKATE50
07-28-09, 10:37 PM
there are no performance parts.

What about D3?