: Anyone have 600rwhp / dyno proof ??

Razorecko
07-26-09, 07:20 PM
Thats the question - with all the drama going on the forums I dont think i've seen any 6xx dyno numbers yet.... I'm hearing all these pulley mods, tunes, tuner companies working magic, turbo porsches eating dust etc, etc but I see no #'s....so pleaaaaasse someone post some high dyno #'s and what mods you have.

chopmeat
07-26-09, 07:40 PM
If you do the supercharger pulley, port the snout, do the intake/airbox, do the crank pully, headers, exhaust and have a great tune you'd be around 580.

CadV
07-26-09, 07:45 PM
If you do the supercharger pulley, port the snout, do the intake/airbox, do the crank pully, headers, exhaust and have a great tune you'd be around 580.

That is what is so interesting... if it is so easy why no one has posted a dyno.

I want to know how people bypass the 12psi restriction.

Razorecko
07-26-09, 07:55 PM
It seems like with the above mods we should be cracking like 650rwhp not 580. I think the V2 has tons of potential but there are limitations in place that we/ tuners/ groups have yet to recognize. Either that or the V2 from the factory is at its ragged edge which would be a shame.

wait4me
07-26-09, 09:08 PM
On youtube i believe i have 3 seperate cars on my page that have all hit 590-600.. including my own.
You can watch those vids if you would like.
Parts on cars for the numbers.
Wait4me Full exhaust.
2.55 upper pulley.
Solid torsional isolator.
8.5 inch lower pulley balancer upgrade.
4 inch inlet air kit.
throttlebody 90mm. "two where ported one wasn't"
Ported blower inlet.
Heat exchanger upgrade. "optional, as one car didnt have it"

Razorecko
07-26-09, 09:11 PM
^ did the port on the 90mm tb make any difference ?

wait4me
07-26-09, 09:34 PM
No. MAYBE .4 hp.

Razorecko
07-26-09, 10:10 PM
Well whenever you get a chance if you can em me that tune for your 90mm TB & 4" cai intake that'd be great. Or would it be better if i just got a proper dyno done w/ the tb & cai and sent that to you to look over ? Would it be good to do that stock or with one of the tunes on your handheld ( already got that, never uploaded a tune yet ).....Maybe it wouldn't hurt to create a thread with a list of people who want updates and you can just go through one by one and this way everyone will know how far down they are...

CadV
07-27-09, 12:09 AM
On youtube i believe i have 3 seperate cars on my page that have all hit 590-600.. including my own.
You can watch those vids if you would like.
Parts on cars for the numbers.
Wait4me Full exhaust.
2.55 upper pulley.
Solid torsional isolator.
8.5 inch lower pulley balancer upgrade.
4 inch inlet air kit.
throttlebody 90mm. "two where ported one wasn't"
Ported blower inlet.
Heat exchanger upgrade. "optional, as one car didnt have it"

How did you get over 12psi in boost? Because according to kPa and manual boost gauge that's all my car and another is getting while the in car gauge shows 15. Both of us have a 2.55 upper and 8.5 lower. You could say there is something top secret in your tune but one of us was using your tune when the 12psi was output on the manual boost gauge. P valve does nothing for the 12psi restriction either.

Something ain't jiving and avoiding answering questions only makes it more obvious. Prove me wrong and I will apologize but right now I trust you about as far as I can throw you.

brent eb02
07-27-09, 11:36 PM
How did you get over 12psi in boost? Because according to kPa and manual boost gauge that's all my car and another is getting while the in car gauge shows 15. Both of us have a 2.55 upper and 8.5 lower. You could say there is something top secret in your tune but one of us was using your tune when the 12psi was output on the manual boost gauge. P valve does nothing for the 12psi restriction either.

Something ain't jiving and avoiding answering questions only makes it more obvious. Prove me wrong and I will apologize but right now I trust you about as far as I can throw you.

:wtf2:

Razorecko
07-28-09, 09:40 AM
Hey Cad V have you tried to dyno your current setup at all w/out the 90mm TB ?? I don't know about you but with me and the tb when the 90mm is on it takes more throttle for me to get into boost. When I swap the oem back in the boost comes in with alot less throttle effort.

CadV
07-28-09, 10:41 AM
Hey Cad V have you tried to dyno your current setup at all w/out the 90mm TB ?? I don't know about you but with me and the tb when the 90mm is on it takes more throttle for me to get into boost. When I swap the oem back in the boost comes in with alot less throttle effort.

Once you get a proper tune your car will feel better. The 90mm has always felt more responsive to me.

brent eb02
07-29-09, 12:08 AM
Razorecko

nothing would make me happier than to show you a 600 rwhp dyno graph

i have done EVERY thing needed to be at 600 rwhp according to W4M

my mods are 2.55 upper and 8.5 lower
w4m cold air 160 t stat w4m full exhaust
w4m tune and upgraded heat exchanger

instead of 15-16 lbs of boost i only have 12 lbs

instead of 600 rwhp i have 537 rwhp

i have spent more money on trying to figure out why im down on boost and power than the actual cost of installing the mods

i am installing a 9.05 lower to see if boost goes up any or if there is another problem....:banghead:

i have been with out my car for 1 month because i want it right when i get it back.

what a nightmare !

Razorecko
07-29-09, 12:11 AM
^ thats crazy- to have those mods and only that much of an increase there is something going on

rand49er
07-29-09, 08:39 AM
Mod Hell.

haterinc
07-29-09, 09:04 AM
brent i can't recall exactly, but i think w4m's exhaust was only catback correct? i thought i recalled someone else picking up a lot more hp on a similar set up with AR headers? i don't feel like searching for it but sounds familiar. also, like its been mentioned before, you can buy boxed kits but unless you have it on a dyno with a tuner tweaking the tune, i really think you're not going to get the most out of it. i'm not sure how much money you're racking up sitting there, but me... ? I'd have had that ride on a trailer to the lovely state of IN. jesse has mentioned that if it were in his shop, you'd see his results. i think someone should take him up on that and solve this once and for all...

Luna.
07-29-09, 01:12 PM
^ thats crazy- to have those mods and only that much of an increase there is something going on

Yeah, something is definitely sideways there....hell, a tune ALONE can get you in the neighborhood of 520 rwhp...

CadV
07-29-09, 02:14 PM
Yeah, something is definitely sideways there....hell, a tune ALONE can get you in the neighborhood of 520 rwhp...

There is no way a tune only will get you 520rwhp unless the dyno is way off.

whisler151
07-29-09, 02:26 PM

Unless you have a manual V2. Airbox mod and a good dyno tune will get above 500.

PSRmark
07-29-09, 03:24 PM

I can confirm his #'s

He had the car tuned and dynoed at another shop and produced 520 rwhp and 511 rwtq w/ an 11.6:1 A/F

He brought the car over here for a baseline yesterday and made 515/515 on our dyno. fyi- ours is a dynapack so numbers do typically read a tad bit higher...but I believe the dyno he was on previously was a dynojet.

It is a manual car as well.

Gary Wells
07-29-09, 03:31 PM
X2, I second that, there is no way a tune will get you 520 RWHP.
Oops, my bad, I never would have believed that without a confirmation.
Thanks for the confirm, Mark. Can you divulge the name of the other shop?

whisler151
07-29-09, 03:46 PM
X2, I second that, there is no way a tune will get you 520 RWHP.
Oops, my bad, I never would have believed that without a confirmation.
Thanks for the confirm, Mark. Can you divulge the name of the other shop?

The 6 speed manual CTS-Vs are dynoing constantly higher than the autos. It seems that with very little mods (CAI and a good dyno tune) they are hitting 500+rwhp.

Gary Wells
07-29-09, 04:03 PM
The 6 speed manual CTS-Vs are dynoing constantly higher than the autos. It seems that with very little mods (CAI and a good dyno tune) they are hitting 500+rwhp.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/174660-comparison-2-socal-tuners.html

whisler151
07-29-09, 04:32 PM

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/174660-comparison-2-socal-tuners.html

If you want to compare them you should let them both tune the car and dyno it on a neutral dyno to see who's is better. (I think that was the point you were trying to get across?)

Many different people (including everyone at our last DFW V meet and 21st Century Muscle Cars) can verify 6speed Manual CTS-Vs hitting 500+rwhp with a tune and mod to the airbox. Were you disputing that?

Gary Wells
07-29-09, 04:56 PM
If you want to compare them you should let them both tune the car and dyno it on a neutral dyno to see who's is better. (I think that was the point you were trying to get across?)

Many different people (including everyone at our last DFW V meet and 21st Century Muscle Cars) can verify 6speed Manual CTS-Vs hitting 500+rwhp with a tune and mod to the airbox. Were you disputing that?

No, I do not wish to aggravate 2 very fine vette and / or CTS-V tuners by encouraging them to a shootout just to see 1 beat the other 1 by a few #'s.
What I found interesting was that 2 separate tuners came up with the same prices, conclusions & #'s for a tune.

And no, I am not disputing that a tune and an airbox mod put a 6sp manual tranny CTS-V at 500 RWHP.

I am not too sure that I believe that in general, a tune by itself will hit the neighborhood of 520 RWHP. Of course, that would be determined by the size of the neighborhood (+ / - tolerance for the 520 RWHP).

The air box mod did not come into play in the original post, only a tune.

No flaming intended, car owner, neither of the 2 tuners involved, nor yourself. Only questioning whether that car is normal or is it an exception to the rule of thumb of what is being produced today by Cad.

whisler151
07-29-09, 05:21 PM
No, I do not wish to aggravate 2 very fine vette and / or CTS-V tuners by encouraging them to a shootout just to see 1 beat the other 1 by a few #'s.
What I found interesting was that 2 separate tuners came up with the same prices, conclusions & #'s for a tune.

And no, I am not disputing that a tune and an airbox mod put a 6sp manual tranny CTS-V at 500 RWHP.

I am not too sure that I believe that in general, a tune by itself will hit the neighborhood of 520 RWHP. Of course, that would be determined by the size of the neighborhood (+ / - tolerance for the 520 RWHP).

The air box mod did not come into play in the original post, only a tune.

No flaming intended, car owner, neither of the 2 tuners involved, nor yourself. Only questioning whether that car is normal or is it an exception to the rule of thumb of what is being produced today by Cad.

I agree, 520 would be hard to hit with a tune alone. But with minimal mods (CAI, good dyno tune and cat back) 520 is not hard to see with a manual CTS-V. Autos are another story. The 500's are $1000 away for most manuals.

brent eb02
07-29-09, 07:07 PM
brent i can't recall exactly, but i think w4m's exhaust was only catback correct? i thought i recalled someone else picking up a lot more hp on a similar set up with AR headers? i don't feel like searching for it but sounds familiar. also, like its been mentioned before, you can buy boxed kits but unless you have it on a dyno with a tuner tweaking the tune, i really think you're not going to get the most out of it. i'm not sure how much money you're racking up sitting there, but me... ? I'd have had that ride on a trailer to the lovely state of IN. jesse has mentioned that if it were in his shop, you'd see his results. i think someone should take him up on that and solve this once and for all...

yes he was a 6 speed manual car

i just spoke to the tuner today and he had AR headers as well

i would take it to jesse but he is 15 hrs away

CTSV_510
07-29-09, 10:55 PM
instead of 15-16 lbs of boost i only have 12 lbs

instead of 600 rwhp i have 537 rwhp

Mod Hell is right.

Where in NJ are you and what shop are you using?

Are you running a W4m tune?

brent eb02
07-29-09, 11:52 PM
Mod Hell is right.

Where in NJ are you and what shop are you using?

Are you running a W4m tune?

im in south jersey but my tuner is in north jersey cartek

who has built me many killer Ls1-Ls6 cars

and yes everything on my car is W4M even the tune

kck
07-30-09, 01:46 AM

haterinc:
I plan on driving to Jesse’s shop within the next couple of weeks. And I’d be happy to have Jesse take videos of the whole procedure. For greater details regarding what I am proposing to do, see my post at: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/175574-dyno-part-deux-4.html.

Kyle