: Removing the Radio Nav Unit and Theftlock?

msa9167
07-26-09, 04:51 AM
Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question about the Cadillac Theftlock on my radio with nav. My question is if I remove my Radio with Nav and then reinstall it, would I get that Theftlock message? I have read many messages in the forums about the Theftlock coming on if you install a Used OEM Radio that the vinís donít match. I have a 2005 STS AWD V8 with the Bose Nav with a rattle coming from behind the Nav Unit or the airbox.

Thanks for any help,
Marc

ddgm
07-26-09, 05:04 AM
You have kind of answered your own question, when you mentioned that the vin numbers would be the same. If it was working when you took it out, it will work when you put it back, providing that all connections are properly made. Maybe you don't have to disconnect the wiring to see what you want. There are some threads about the "lockpicks" that should reassure you, where the owners are doing just that to install their lockpicks.

Doug

next2pool
07-26-09, 02:14 PM
Yup--no problem

msa9167
07-27-09, 07:34 AM
Thanks guys, I will be working on my car tonight. I download the Lockpick video and it's real easy to take the Nav unit out. Just wanted to make sure I didn't get that theftlock message.
Thanks Again,
Marc