: Hello from NJ

NJ_Catera
07-22-04, 01:07 PM
Just wanted to say hello. I just bought (don't laugh) a '97 Catera, and so far I love it. I seen it Upstate NY and the guy wanted $4,500 (95k miles). I knew these cars were never really popular, but I needed another car BAD. I got on the internet and did some research and saw the terrible reviews the '97 got from owners. But my girlfriend also loved the car, so I had to have it. The chrome rims were in terrible shape and it needed tires, but that's about it. I talked the guy down to $3,500 because the other person bidding on it was his brother who was offering $3,700. I got the car home and immediately brought out the steel wool and rim cleaner. Rims look brand new now. I took the new 225-60-16 Dunlops off my Turbo Coupe and it looks much better with those tires. After about 20 washes and 5 waxes this is still a beautiful 1997 car. Still turns heads wherever I go. The only thing I want to do is put a front end bra on, K&N air filter, billet grille, Dynomax chrome muffler (possibly dual exhaust), and tint. Anyone with any good websites please send them to me.

Also, I was looking at the owner's shop receipts and all of the major things that have hampered the Catera was fixed under warranty so maybe I am lucky.

Sandy
07-22-04, 01:55 PM
WELCOME, and good luck with the "Cat" ~
I'm GSP Exit # 148

elwesso
07-22-04, 03:04 PM
Welcome aboard... Thanks for signing up :wave:

I wish you the best of luck with your catera... They odnt have a good track record but hopefully everything failed ealy and youll have years of trouble free operation!

NJ_Catera
07-23-04, 12:47 PM
Thanks, Sandy...Exit 146 here...we're neighbors.
Elwesso, believe me I hope I have no problems...Thanks...

Sandy
07-23-04, 09:25 PM
South Orange?
East Orange?

I was born/raised in S.O. - now in Bloomfield, where TAXES BLOOM

CADDYBLACK99
07-24-04, 08:54 AM
Welcome NJ_Cat!

Thanks for joining the forum! Sounds like you found yourself a nice one. What color? When you get a chance please post a picture or two.
Good Luck!
:welcome:
Paul