: Best vinyl top cleaner?

ocmdiaz714
07-26-09, 01:57 AM
I have a '94 FWB and the vinyl top is starting to crack. It's a daily and it's never garaged. What could I use that cleans and protects the top? One with UV protection would be great!

sven914
07-26-09, 03:04 AM
I don't know about UV protection, but Murphy's Oil Soap conditions and restores leather and vinyl. I use it one everything for my car. eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_2300008_clean-leather-oil.html) has an article on the proper way to clean leather with oil soap.

csbuckn
07-26-09, 03:05 AM
this is from the latest thread. few good products. I used a magic eraser to clean mine but would suggest a treatment after because it may be too harsh and dry it out, mine seems good so far.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/174607-recommend-vinyl-roof-dressing.html

sven914
07-26-09, 03:12 AM
:bulb: They ever consider making this topic a sticky . It comes up every two weeks.

Bro-Ham
07-26-09, 10:09 AM
Put in your browser "303" and look for the 303 aerospace products. They are designed specifically for UV protection to keep the vinyl, plastic, leather, almost anything appearing as new for the longest period of time. 303 makes a cleaner for convertible tops/vinyl tops that work the best. The UV protection spray is excellent, lasts a long time, does not leave the vinyl with any type of sticky sheen, and will keep the color and elasticity for a long time. I've used 303 for almost 20 years and was turned on to it by my boating friends. E-mail the 303 people questions and they reply promptly with very informative answers on how to best tackle your specific cleaning and protecting projects. I highly recommend 303 for our old Cads and anything you own that is outside that you want to maintain in superb shape with the least amount of hassle. Good luck! :) Dave

90Brougham350
07-26-09, 10:20 AM
Put in your browser "303" and look for the 303 aerospace products. They are designed specifically for UV protection to keep the vinyl, plastic, leather, almost anything appearing as new for the longest period of time. 303 makes a cleaner for convertible tops/vinyl tops that work the best. The UV protection spray is excellent, lasts a long time, does not leave the vinyl with any type of sticky sheen, and will keep the color and elasticity for a long time. I've used 303 for almost 20 years and was turned on to it by my boating friends. E-mail the 303 people questions and they reply promptly with very informative answers on how to best tackle your specific cleaning and protecting projects. I highly recommend 303 for our old Cads and anything you own that is outside that you want to maintain in superb shape with the least amount of hassle. Good luck! :) Dave

Right on Dave, 303 is the best stuff you'll find for a vinyl top.

Brian

tbcaddy18
07-29-09, 04:27 PM
Is anyone familiar with Lexol's "Vinylex"? It's the same thing right?