: California Economy

NeedCTS-v
07-24-09, 10:09 AM
Some important issues being discussed here.

http://www.break.com/index/genius-plan-to-fix-california-economy.html

Sorry couldn't help myself...

mik2718
07-24-09, 10:57 AM
I may reflect on those issues while driving my V. Or, I may not.

NeedCTS-v
07-24-09, 10:59 AM
Just remember... Slavery is not a "West Coast" thing.

neuronbob
07-24-09, 12:53 PM
1) IBTL. :D
2) Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot. I hope she doesn't reproduce.

vperl
07-24-09, 02:33 PM
:hitit:

Well if the tongue was silent...

qictrk
07-24-09, 09:34 PM
Santa Cruz is about 10 miles from my home and i'm surrounded by people like this. If it weren't for the weather, i would of been out of here a long time ago. Cecil.............:gah:

RWFJR
07-24-09, 10:42 PM
If she has a college degree, God help us. Speech 101 was apparently not one of her stronger suits...:helpless:

marktanner
07-25-09, 08:55 AM
This was funnier than that "rapper" CTS video. Pretty sad, too.

razl
07-25-09, 10:27 AM
If she has a college degree, God help us. Speech 101 was apparently not one of her stronger suits...:helpless:

Agreed, but the shame of it really is that she almost assuredly has a public education... she is literally the product of what we paid for.

I recently overheard something by and "old timer" who was recounting the 30s/40s - he said that a public educated, high school graduate of that time would be worth far more than any college BS/BA today. Although I can't compare first hand - when you take a look at what the products of those generations have achieved, I tend to agree.

It appears our relentless dilution of a public education has effectively made it worthless, hence the modern mantra that "everyone needs to go to college". That might have meant something when our institutions of higher learning delivered education instead of the politically correct, feel-good pap that passes for it today. Instead, we now end up with people like, well, the woman in the video.

Ok, rant over...back to our regular programming.

Razorecko
07-25-09, 10:57 AM
Agreed, but the shame of it really is that she almost assuredly has a public education... she is literally the product of what we paid for.

I recently overheard something by and "old timer" who was recounting the 30s/40s - he said that a public educated, high school graduate of that time would be worth far more than any college BS/BA today. Although I can't compare first hand - when you take a look at what the products of those generations have achieved, I tend to agree.

It appears our relentless dilution of a public education has effectively made it worthless, hence the modern mantra that "everyone needs to go to college". That might have meant something when our institutions of higher learning delivered education instead of the politically correct, feel-good pap that passes for it today. Instead, we now end up with people like, well, the woman in the video.

Ok, rant over...back to our regular programming.

Its because generally trash goes into the public school system....whats the saying..." you can't turn turds into gold " ? - children need to be raised with a solid foundation of integrity and respect BEFORE they go into the school system. Alot of poor excuses for parents expect the insitution to teach their children how to be proper citizens and mature adults.

GM-4-LIFE
07-25-09, 01:40 PM
Ok, what the hell was that?

SG

asabase
07-25-09, 02:54 PM
15 seconds of my life slipping by (that's all the longer I could take it).