: 06 STS w/Nav Bluetooth will not pair

charshoes7
07-24-09, 09:46 AM
Recently purchased 06STS w/Nav. Problems with Nav and Bluetooth. Previous owner Motorola phone shows paired with auto. LG Chocalate and LG 8300 with Verizon service will not pair with car. Car and phones show search and then could not find device. Dealership states some phones will not work. Went to Cadiallac and can only go back to '08 STS where both LG's show working. Nav shows home street of 15 year old home. Set destination to home address directs to address 1 1/2 miles away. Will not recalc on route destination. Any thoughts on getting bluetooth to connect?
Thanks,
Tim K

harnage
07-24-09, 10:13 AM
Check your phones and make sure they are set to be discoverable in the bluetooth settings.

WillySTS
07-24-09, 11:04 AM
Some phone will not pair, I have had that experience, which is why I'm using Motorola RAZR phones. My wife now wants an I-phone, but I hear those don't do well either.

MacMuse
07-24-09, 12:11 PM
Do you have the 06 Nav Manual?

I would start by deleting all existing entries from the car's Bluetooth device list:
- press the Config button
- press the Bluetooth button
- select an existing entry by pressing the button just in front of the entry's name
- press the trash can button
- repeat the previous two steps until the list is empty

Now try adding your phone.
- Config button
- Bluetooth button
- at this point I suggest getting your phone ready by turning off its bluetooth features, then turn them back on and set the phone to Discoverable mode. As soon as you activate Discoverable mode on the phone then return to the Nav screen and...
- press the Search button; your phone should appear as an entry in the list within a few seconds
- select your phone entry in the list (button in front of the entry name)
- press Connect
- refer back to your phone display and follow any instructions that appear on the phone.

Since you mention 2 phones, I also recommend turning off the second phone or leaving it in the house/far away from the car while you setup the first phone.

If you get both configured, don't forget that only the phone marked as Default will automatically connect to the car during normal use. For the 2nd phone to talk to the car you'll have to return to the Config screen and manually Connect when that phone is in the car.

K STS
07-24-09, 12:46 PM
My T-Mobile HTC Google G1 phone works flawlessly with no problems.

inurok
07-24-09, 03:41 PM
I had a phone that would not pair. I had to remove the phone battery then try again and it paired with no problems.

easande
07-24-09, 03:48 PM
My IPhone works good with my 2009 STS

inurok
07-24-09, 04:05 PM
My IPhone works good with my 2009 STS

Mine does too but i didn't know the OP had an iphone?

WillySTS
07-25-09, 12:49 PM
I've been reading that Iphones get that real loud screeching noise when you answer the phone? Did thay fix that on the latest model?(3Gs) If so...I'll go ahead and get one for her.

up1night
07-25-09, 03:57 PM
My blackberry storm pairs perfectly also. Not a single issue with it.

MacMuse
07-25-09, 04:28 PM
The iPhone noise is only when you place outgoing calls, not when answering. And it's not a 100%-of-the-time thing either. Just highly annoying, especially if anyone else is in the car and not used to it.

WillySTS
07-25-09, 04:45 PM
The iPhone noise is only when you place outgoing calls, not when answering. And it's not a 100%-of-the-time thing either. Just highly annoying, especially if anyone else is in the car and not used to it.

That's what I was talking about...that...I'm kinda wain' on them to fix that, 'cause the phones we have now work perfectly.

EChas3
07-30-09, 04:45 PM
MacMuse - I think the default phone is keyed to Driver 1 or Driver 2. I can't remember if one driver still see's both phones.

I'm going to be setting up my wife's car again since it came back from the Nav firmware upgrade and will post the final results.

wwnf
08-14-09, 05:23 PM
There is two ways to pair your phone with your car. One way didn't work for me but the other did.

I kept trying to put the car in broadcast mode and searched with the phone. When I would find the car and entered the code it would fail and start over.

So I put my phone in broadcast mode, did a search with the search button on the car and it works fine.

Go figure.

charshoes7
08-17-09, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the detailed message. Tried all that and two more different phones and they did not work. Took the vehicle to the dealership and after techs working on it for six hours, a salesman got Driver 2 to sync with my new BB Tour. Followed instructions and could not get Driver 1 to pair. NAV system still does not work so dealership going for a new DVD. Thanks again for your detail.

inurok
08-17-09, 06:04 PM
I've been reading that Iphones get that real loud screeching noise when you answer the phone? Did thay fix that on the latest model?(3Gs) If so...I'll go ahead and get one for her.
Mine does that alot

twobirds
12-18-09, 03:54 PM
Has anyone figured out how to eliminate the loud noise when making outgoing calls?
;)

MacMuse
12-18-09, 04:42 PM
no. some report it's improved by a dealer applied firmware update of the nav system, but even with that I still get it on a semi-regular basis.