: "Shift to Park" in DIC but car is in park?!?!

SlvrBullIT
07-24-09, 05:58 AM
First error I got in the DIC early this morning. I got off work and headed home, parked in my stall, foot still on brake - lifted E-Brake lever - E-brake engaged, Placed shifter in "park". Turned off engine, was getting out, got 3 "dongs" and in the DIC I get a "Shift to Park" notification....

I got back in, started car, foot on brake - pressed down on E-Brake lever - E-Brake off, shifter to Reverse, put back in Park..... etc etc still get "Shift to Park"....

Drive around the parking lot, back into stall....still "Shift to Park" even if don't use E-Brake....

And the notification stays on in the DIC!!!!!!! even after the car is shut off, walk away security turns on and lights dimmed out!!!!! The DIC is still lit up with..... "Shift to Park"!!!!!!

WTF?!?!?! It is in park!!!! ugh :banghead::devil::annoyed::nono::helpless::bonkers :

ewill3rd
07-24-09, 09:25 AM
If the computer doesn't know it is in park it will drain the battery.
It will not shut off until it sees park.

Take it in for service.
It could have a wiring problem or the switch on the shifter that tells the computer it is in park (it could use the trans internal mode switch....) could be out of adjustment or bad.

Kadonny
07-24-09, 10:08 AM
I had this happen once. I turned the car off after doing the same thing as you. I started it back up, shift to R then back to P, then turned it off. Same message.

I left the car, went into the store and when I came out the car was fine. Started it and have not had it happen again. It's been at least 3 or 4 months and no problem.

Cadillac Tony
07-24-09, 11:09 AM
I had two customer SRXs in a short period of time that exhibited this behavior, and both were fixed by adjusting the shift linkage. Your problem may be different, but I would suspect it's the same easy fix.

Take it in to the Dealer.

SlvrBullIT
07-24-09, 08:21 PM
Well went to go see "The Ugly Truth" with the misses, and see drove. She said the DIC didn't say anything when she shut off the engine.... So I guess it's an intermittent thing.

62Jeff
07-26-09, 01:36 AM
Mine just did this now.

I went out to the car, turned the ignition to Accessory, and played around with my navigation. When I was done, I turned the ignition off and DING DING DING Shift to Park.

:cookoo:

Edit: I just took the car for a short cruise around the neighborhood. When I returned home I put it in park, set the parking brake and shut the car off. The DIC was blank for a few moments but Shift To Park appeared by the time I had closed the garage door.

SlvrBullIT
07-26-09, 02:31 AM
Yeah wierd, took mine to the dealer and they couldn't reproduce it and no codes so.... IDK

KatMcRat
07-27-09, 10:30 AM
My car did that one one day and hasn't happened again.

SlvrBullIT
07-27-09, 04:59 PM
Ghost in the machine....h@XX0rz I tell ya

tedcmiller
07-27-09, 11:45 PM
My car has given me the "three dings" twice upon shut down at random intervals. I don't recall any messages appearing in the DIC. I was not able to find any problems at the time, so I ignored it. This phenomenon has not occurred again recently.

cbloveday
09-09-09, 01:18 PM
the little gremlin/troll is now in my car. LOL I got the message in DIC. If it does not go away soon, I will take her in.

Me Wanna A V
09-09-09, 02:05 PM
Give one point to Manual transmission!!!!!:lildevil:

MSJ
09-10-09, 10:21 AM
Give one point to Manual transmission!!!!!:lildevil:

LOL :canttalk:

nynd
09-10-09, 03:32 PM
Love the remote starter in automatics, makes it seem like the cars alive.. -1 for Manual - LOL!

Me Wanna A V
09-10-09, 08:01 PM
Love the remote starter in automatics, makes it seem like the cars alive.. -1 for Manual - LOL!

DAMN!!!! I guess the debate still goes on!!!!!!!:thepan:

cbloveday
09-10-09, 10:10 PM
Gremlin/troll left the car this morning. :highfive:

jelee01
10-05-09, 09:34 AM
Count me among the several here who has had this happen once. After, ten minutes or so, the DIC message disappeared. Took car for a short run to store and back, and no repeat issue... so, it's an odd phenomenon. Anyone else still experiencing this type of problem?

tedcmiller
10-05-09, 09:31 PM
I too had this happen one time, but only once.

09V
11-29-09, 11:27 PM
Among numerous other issues this is one I have experienced and it too went away a short period of time after the car was shut off and sat in the garage. Dealer could not duplicate, but what else is new? The same dealer in fact, that Silver Bullitt used I believe. WTF? seems like it is more of an issue than just one or two vehicles.

dmr_in_il
11-29-09, 11:33 PM
I had this happen too. I had driven the car for about 35 - 40 minutes and when I shut it off I saw this and got three beeps. I tried re-starting and moving the car a few times, but it still happened. I gave up and left it for about two hours (watched my son's football game) and it was OK when I came back.

Doug