: No-lift shift rocks!

pmsteinm
07-23-09, 12:00 PM
I finally had the guts to override my instincts and not lift my foot off the accelerator when shifting from 1st to 2nd. The no lift shift is pretty awesome. You get a bit of jolt (not unlike the M5's SMG shifts) and some tire spin. Much faster since the boost doesn't slack off as much. It actually is smoother too, but that could just be I'm not all that great at shifting.

Sounds pretty cool too...

Luna.
07-23-09, 05:09 PM
I finally had the guts to override my instincts and not lift my foot off the accelerator when shifting from 1st to 2nd. The no lift shift is pretty awesome. You get a bit of jolt (not unlike the M5's SMG shifts) and some tire spin. Much faster since the boost doesn't slack off as much. It actually is smoother too, but that could just be I'm not all that great at shifting.

Sounds pretty cool too...

Good to hear. I haven't yet had the balls to try that yet, but I will soon, as you are the 2nd person to speak highly of it.

SoJersey05V
07-24-09, 12:00 PM
seems like it would be pretty cool. when i shift in my v1 during spirited driving i hardly lift...

gravedigger
07-25-09, 12:26 AM
I have no lift shifted a couple cars but in the V2 it seems smoother since the rpms do not keep rising as you engage the clutch.. Nice feature

V-Eight
07-25-09, 12:41 AM
This probably makes driving a manual easier eh?

Caroutisine
07-25-09, 01:01 AM
But just mashing the gas pedal with the auto is even easier. No offense to M6 owners. Sounds like fun :)

zevee
07-25-09, 09:44 AM
no lift at first counterintuitive, but works great, no chance to get the same rush from auto.

commander112
07-25-09, 11:56 AM
no lift at first counterintuitive, but works great, no chance to get the same rush from auto.
Agreed. Takes some getting used to but a no lift into second is as close to what hitting the afterburners must feel like.

jwa999
07-25-09, 12:26 PM
I'm still waiting for Jesse to adjust the auto's manual shifting, so that it shifts up at the red line and does not hit the rev limiter. That will give better control in an auto, in that, if you let go of the gas, or are just not accelerating hard enough, the car won't upshift by it self.

For instance, if you want to take off from a stop, you have to feather the throttle in 1st and 2nd. But in auto mode, if you don't have enough throttle it will go to 2nd too early. But manual shifting in the auto at redline from 1st to 2nd is very hard, it comes really fast, quicker than the 6mt.
With auto manual shift, you will stay in 1st till the maximum optimal point. In any gear for that matter. You can also quickly downshift without ending up in a situation where you're going to hit the rev limiter immediately. It will give the auto the upper hand in all situations!

And it will be a thrill going WOT 1st through 5th gear and actually see what gear you're in!

Hans.

NormV
07-25-09, 04:06 PM
Just think when MT guys get rid of the dual mass clutch! :)

Norm