: 6sp. automatiic

bigdog9586
07-23-09, 09:57 AM
Did they make the 6 sp. automatic availible with the V6 that isn't direct injection? I think it is 265 HP. If so to those who have one when cruising at a certain speed from say 35 to 70 can you step down a little on the gas pedal and speed up without it downshifting? Reason I want to know is wife is looking at a 2010 Equinox and she had me drive both the 4 and 6 cyl. with AWD and each time I gas it a little extra gas it downshifted. I felt this was annoying and didn't like it but dealer says this is normal with a 6 sp. I have the 5 speed with 265 V6 in my 07 STS and I can give it quite a bit of gas without it downshifting.:confused:

SwissSTS
07-23-09, 10:28 AM
No, the non-direct injected V6 came only with the 5-speed trans.
The V6 in the 2010 Equinox is a 3.0 with direct injection. Altough it has about the same HP as the non direct injected 3.6 in your STS, it might have less low-end torque. The 6-speed automatic in the Equinox is of a different design than the trans in the STS/CTS.

bigdog9586
07-23-09, 12:41 PM
Thanks for your response. I just felt the downshifting each time I stepped on the gas and the hesitation that went with it was something I didn't care for but it is her choice. We also drove a Fusion Hybrid that both of us really liked.

inurok
07-23-09, 02:14 PM
All the 6 speed tranny adds is 1 extra overdrive gear for quieter cruising so theres nothing noticeably different around town.