: 93 rwd fleetwood tranny trouble

impalaone
07-23-09, 09:32 AM
Hi, my issue is my transmission has all forward and reverse gears but in the forward gears the tranny revs high before shifting into the next gear, not slipping but just shifting at strange rmps (late shifting) i guess. shifting from neutral to drive seems to force the tranny into the appropriate gear though. Looked for the tv cable that 700 r 4s are supposed to have connected to the carb or in this case throttle body but i didnt see one anywhere. Any body know what else i can check to solve this problem besides swapping the tranny out? Also if i did swap this tranny out, is the bell housing a chevy bolt pattern in this caddy? it has a factory 350 in it. thanks.... I was wondering if i could just get a tranny out of a caprice, camaro or roadmaster and just swap it out if i had too.

carnut
07-23-09, 07:59 PM
If it is supposed to have a t v cable and you cannt find it, have a trans shop confirm it. Last time I checked, a tv cable was less money than a trans replacement. Left unrepaired, it could cause trans failure anyway!! This is a chevy 350 so yes, the trans has a chevy bolt pattern. But I think you're ahead of yourself. Get it checked at a trans shop.

csbuckn
07-24-09, 12:58 AM
you are supposed to have one. You can go under the car on the pass side and look at the tranny to see if there is one.

impalaone
07-28-09, 01:58 PM
followed the tv cable from the tranny and it goes to some kinda junction box of sorts. says ASR on the top. It connects the accellerator pedal, cruise control, tv cable and the tbi cable into it. I believe it controls the anti slip regulation or traction control? any way im not sure how to go about adjusting the tv cable from here. If anyone has suggestions it would be much apreciated, i would rather not go to the tranny shop and get raked over the coals for a seemingly simple adjustment. Its hard to find an honest shop where im from these days. thanks

ole skool
12-16-12, 06:00 PM
did u ever find out about your problem if so maybe u can help me my 1993 fleetwood rwd it wont shift outta first gear i haad tranny replace still wont come outta first any ideal ?