: What kind of 26" tire for my escalade??

escalade2626
07-23-09, 01:59 AM
Im looking at buying a set of 26 inch tires, does anyone know if WANLI or SUNNY tires are any good? or what is the best discount brand to go with??

luxurylife33
07-23-09, 03:03 AM
they are both really really cheap/ super low quality tires...

CEPMAN
07-23-09, 11:35 AM
Don't worry about name, and don't listen to anyone telling you that cheap tires are no good. I've had the cheapies and the expensive tires. The main thing you need to do is check the ratings on the tires. Tempurature, Treadwear and Traction. Go for any tire that has an 'A' in all those areas. Aside from that, you might want to pick one that you think has a nice tread pattern.

Cheap tires are cheap because they don't have multi million dollar ad campaigns, and because they don't have multi million dollar sponsorships that they're paying for.

bstiffmanofsteel
07-23-09, 11:48 AM
Sunny tires are ok. I have a set of them on my 24s. I was suspect of them at first, but they have performed just fine.

pcguy760
07-24-09, 03:14 AM
I just gotta say this again ... "You get what you pay for" !!!!!!

There, I said it :)

CEPMAN
07-24-09, 08:44 AM
I have to step in again here and reiterate what's really important here.

BRAND MEANS NOTHING!!!

We're not talking about cheap electronics versus name brand, and we're not talking about cheap dog food versus name brand. We're talking about tires here, and with tires, because of the importance and safety factors included, there is a specific rating scale that MUST be followed.

BRAND MEANS NOTHING!!!!!

I had some cheap tires with a high rating that eventually needed to be replaced. I went with a lower rated name brand tire - BIG DIFFERENCE! The higher rated cheap tire performed better (in this specific example I'm referring to tread wear)

I've had over 10 sets of rims that have had even more sets of tires (I know this doesn't make me a super expert or anything). With all my tires, I've tried name brand and not-so-name brand.

Don't spend your money on a name, spend your money on the rating.

Temperature, Traction, Treadwear. You could also inquire about the speed rating, which may not really matter, because low profile tires automatically have a higher speed rating than factory tires because of the shorter sidewall height. Also, it's probably not likely that you'll reach such high speeds in an Escalade on 26's anyways, but just so you know, the higher the letter (or.....further along in the alphabet) the faster the tire is rated for. So a 'Z' rated tire can stand a higher speed than a 'V' rated tire.

luxurylife33
07-24-09, 10:20 AM
Some companies put time into research. Research that includes tread pattern, structural integrity, side wall thickness, etc. When you go with a cheap company, they haven't put the necessary time and money into research. Sure their tread rating may be grade "A", as well as their speed rating being "Z". The tires are still made from low grade garbage recycled rubber, being more prone to failure/blowouts. There was a good site explaining all this in detail, i will try and find it.

As PCGUY said.... you get what you pay for.

obxdiver
07-24-09, 04:20 PM
Won't 26" tires make it feel like there is no rubber on the rims at all?
You will feel every little bump in the road and think u ran into a 2 foot deep pot hole when u only ran over a pebble the size a pea.

bstiffmanofsteel
07-24-09, 06:11 PM
I have a set of 24" SN 3800s. I was weary at first about buying them. I have beat on them for 3 months, they are quiet and they do perform on dry or wet pavement. I had a set of Toyo Proxes, these feel just as good. Look them up. http://www.sunnytire.com/main_suv.html