: What fuel injector cleaner you use?

jwall09
07-23-09, 12:30 AM
I went to advance auto parts and got some stuff that they said is the best out there and you can even put in with your oil right before an oil change to clean out the sludge.... Sea Foam is what its called.

silverws6ta
07-23-09, 01:02 AM
I'll stick to Chevron Premium 93 Octane w/ Techron -- 2nd Choice Texaco, and 3rd Unocal 76 that should do the job without a parts store cleaner.

With our engines running full synthetic and the huge PF 26 combined with almost 9 quarts of oil.. little chance for sludge or build up requiring SeaFoam on the bottom end.. I haven't ever ran that through my SSEi heavily modded.. At 134k still running strong and I beat the pi$$ out of it (Fully lined with Mobil 1) Thats without the technological innovations of our engines.

inurok
07-23-09, 01:49 AM
None just quality fuels for my baby...Older high mileage cars probably would benefit from a good sea foam though.

CIWS
07-23-09, 12:09 PM
I burn top tier gas only, usually switching brands around the time of the oil change (roughly 8K miles).

WillySTS
07-23-09, 01:15 PM
Amsoil P.I. twice a year, oil change with Amsoil 0w-30 and Ea oil filter once a year, Chevron Supreme 91 octane only, for both vehicles.

Kali only goes as high as 91 octane.

C66 Racing
08-01-09, 04:38 PM
For keeping the fuel injectors clean, I run a bottle of this through each of my cars about monthly: AMSPIL P.I. Performance Improver (http://www.c66racing-synthetics.com/Product%20Bulletins/APIPB.htm)

If you want to clean the inside of your engine, I'd use something like this: AMSOIL Engine Flush (http://www.c66racing-synthetics.com/Specialty%20Products/AEFPB.htm) before an oil change. But, if your car is well maintained and you do regular oil changes, you really shouldn't need something like this.
:cheers:

try2k
08-01-09, 06:28 PM
Top tier gas as recommeded by TSB# 1873989 Approved gasolines are as follows: Chevron, QuikTrip, Conoco, Phillips 66, Union 76, Shell, Entec (AL) MFA (MO), Kwik Trip (MN, WI) Kwik Star (IA) Somerset (KY) Aloha, Tri-Par, Texaco, Mileage Stations and Turkey Hill Minit Markets. www.toptiergas.com for updates.

try2k
08-01-09, 06:33 PM
As a PS: to that Top Tier list I posted, I understand that they all use Techron as the fuel additive, so I keep a bottle of that in my trunk in case I have to settle for something else. Although I doubt that a tank of the other stuff every now and again would hurt, if you stick with the good stuff pretty regularly.