: Brougham Windshield question.. will 2 door fit 4?

monster
07-22-09, 08:45 PM
Found a good windshield for cheap, but mine is a 90 Brougham the parts car is a 84 Coupe de Ville, will it fit? Looks like it will, but dont want to waste the time taking it out for nothing. Anything in particular I want to think about when taking the windsheild out?(probably get it prof. done when installed?)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-22-09, 09:08 PM
I do not know the answer to your question but I was quoted a mere $108 for a new windshield installed on my car from Gerber Collision and Glass (it has had several rock chips in it since the day I bought it). That is probably close to the price of buying one at a junk yard and having it installed.

monster
07-23-09, 12:12 AM
Wow thats not bad at all. Ive gotten a few quotes at around $220+ but the windshield I am looking at off a parts car is only about $15(I have to pull it off), but lately ive been working so much that I havent had time to do anything myself, so well see what happens. Ima have to measure it out and check the angle out anyway.

csbuckn
07-24-09, 12:35 AM
It will fit. I just did my first windshield last summer and it was easy to get on. The hard part was getting the old one out. I chipped the old glass in quite a few spots, even using the correct tool. The windshield trim pieces kinda just pop up and the little clips are removable. Maybe I didnt do it as good as some could but I scratched my vinyl a little with the tool and the sealer is messy. I would probably do it again because it turned out very nice and doesnt leak at all.