: Z to V

Mikevette
07-22-09, 08:00 PM
Hey guys new here the your forum. I'm on the C6-Zo6 forum. I have a delima, I want a new V but it looks like I will have to sell my 08 ZO6 to make this happen. I went and drove the V today. I was impressed!! Have you guys figured out a way to get a little more rumble out of the exhaust without it being way to load? Any of you have the same delima I'm in know deciding which one to own and which one to sell? Any insight on what changes might be in store for 2010's?? Are the manuals done for production? Seems all I find in searches is automatics.

Thanks

Mike P. :cool2:

Nutz
07-22-09, 08:28 PM
Only muffs I have heard so far. At least ones that the public can purchase.
YouTube - 2009 CTS-V with Corsa Performance mufflers

Hawkeye2
07-22-09, 08:32 PM
Hey Mike, I'm on that board as well. I too have an 08 Z06. I consider my V my 4 door Vette! You can still
get a manual. I had to order mine as most dealers stock autos. I kept the Vette so my decision was a bit
easier.

Yes you can change the exhaust - there are several in the vendors section. I kinda like the stealth of the
V. I don't believe there are any significant changes. There are several threads here that have covered it
over the past few months. There is a wood trim option, and maybe a few months away an upgraded brake
option. That has been delayed a few times, so I would not hold my breath waiting for it.

Cheers,

Brian.

Nutz
07-22-09, 08:38 PM
Curious when Magnaflow will release something.

Mikevette
07-22-09, 11:32 PM
Thanks guys for your posts! I ot the itch to get a V so now I must unload my Z without getting rapped. I talked to a dealer today who will sell me it for GMS. I have to get one of my buds to part with a GMS Certificate and sell my Z, then I'll be in the club!!

Mike P.

Nutz
07-22-09, 11:36 PM
If it's Jetstream Blue, lemme know. I may have a buyer.

Gotham CTS-V
07-23-09, 07:55 AM
I also am a previous 08 Z06 owner. I love the CTS-V more than my children so I don't have any regrets! lol

The Z06 was a great car, but the CTS-V is so versatile. The fact that 3 (or 4) passengers can come along for the ride, it's brand new and nothing on the road looks like it, it floats over road imperfections and carves up turns, has a gorgeous interior, and blown Vette motor will justify the switch you will make bro.

Good luck

LUVMY04V
07-23-09, 08:00 AM
Hey guys new here the your forum. I'm on the C6-Zo6 forum. I have a delima, I want a new V but it looks like I will have to sell my 08 ZO6 to make this happen. I went and drove the V today. I was impressed!! Have you guys figured out a way to get a little more rumble out of the exhaust without it being way to load? Any of you have the same delima I'm in know deciding which one to own and which one to sell? Any insight on what changes might be in store for 2010's?? Are the manuals done for production? Seems all I find in searches is automatics.

Thanks

Mike P. :cool2::drool::drool: C6 Z06 especially if its jet stream blue

musclesbmf
07-23-09, 10:01 AM
I got rid of my 06 Z06 and initially regretted it. But now after 6 months of owning the V, I love it. I actually got rid of 2 cars and went down to 1. Just a lot more practical. I sometimes wish I bought a manual, but I'm happy with the auto. Expecially after W4M's tune.

Mark

KMK454
07-23-09, 06:21 PM
Please let me know what you decide and why. I'm debating between swapping my C6 for either a C6 Z or a CTS-V. I'm single and don't need four seats; both cars provide more fun and performance than can be handled safely on the road. I'm just not sure if I'll regret not owning a Corvette or having a sports car. As awesome as the V is and looks, it's not an icon and will not have the indisputable sports car look that a 'vette has. But the V is classier and more mature... tough choices :rolleyes:

vperl
07-23-09, 11:16 PM
Please let me know what you decide and why. I'm debating between swapping my C6 for either a C6 Z or a CTS-V. I'm single and don't need four seats; both cars provide more fun and performance than can be handled safely on the road. I'm just not sure if I'll regret not owning a Corvette or having a sports car. As awesome as the V is and looks, it's not an icon and will not have the indisputable sports car look that a 'vette has. But the V is classier and more mature... tough choices :rolleyes:

Ramblers are a classic , look into it.

C6Z06
07-23-09, 11:34 PM
I sold both my 2006 C6Z and my 2007 C6Z planning on buying a ZR1, but ended up with a 2009 CTS-V. A great car that puts a smile on my face every time I look at, or drive it.

1-2-N-V
07-24-09, 09:21 AM
Man I love my V and will keep her as my DD but i am drooling over the 2010 Audi R8. 525 HP V10. @ $145 starting price, i am, um, thinking i should wake up. :cloud9: Not the power of the ZR1 but just look at it.... You tell me if it is not worth the extra greens. Black with the carbon fiber on the sides. it is just sinister.:grrr: Will look good next to my Raven V someday.

Mikevette
07-24-09, 03:58 PM
Guys I'm trading my 08 Machine Silver Z to Scott @ Supierior Caddillac. He's giving me what I want for it and I'm getting smoking deal on the V. But the plot thickens, my phone just rang, my local dealer might be matching Superiors price and will save me a 15 hour drive and this car is White diamond. Only time will tell but for sure I'll be sitting in an 09 V on Monday!!!!! I can't wait

Mike:yup: