: shorted wiring harness, behind Nav HU, Help

dssrocks
07-22-09, 05:25 PM
I posted this in another forum as well, but I am quite concerned I may have messed something. Please see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esco04
New member here, just hooked up the Navtool to my 2004 Escalade EXT & installed a rear view camera too. You want to hook the power wire (silver striped) of the Navtool to wire B3 of the big main radio connector to get Retained Accessory Power.On my truck, looking into the connector, it's a brown wire on the top row 3rd from the right.

On my truck, looking into the connector, it's a brown wire on the top row 3rd from the right.I tested the brown wire (3rd from the right on the big plug on the back of the touchscreen head unit) like said above, and it would appear to be accessory power. Now I think I have accidently shorted this wire out or something as I now have no dash lights and there is no longer power to that brown wire. I have checked every fuse under the hood and by the drivers door and all are fine. Does anyone know ehere the fuse is or how I can fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

sk7
07-22-09, 09:09 PM
I can try and find the diagram for that plug tomorrow (currently at work). 06 Escalade? It should include enough info to figure out what is wrong...

luxurylife33
07-22-09, 09:56 PM
ouch.... i hooked mine up to the switched accessory power off the ignition.... hopefully you didnt fry the harness, as the whole dash will have to come out :(

dssrocks
07-23-09, 02:26 PM
Fixed it, after hours of troubleshooting it ended up being a fuse I swear I checked (ovbiosly missed one), it was TBC 2A by drivers door. Thank christ!

sk7
07-23-09, 05:16 PM
Glad to hear! I often forget to check that fusebox whenever there a problem.