: Stock Radio has CD in, how do I use it for CD or MP3

beengone
07-22-09, 03:21 PM
1996 Fleetwood with stock radio. It has the cassette deck with a CD in (supposedly). I can't find any info as to what the input is. I heard there is a cable for a changer in the trunk, but don't see one / don't know what I'm looking for. I'm wondering if there is a simple way to put a cord in the back of the radio unit that would go out to stereo mini to connect a diskman or an MP3 player. Anyone know anything about these units?

csbuckn
07-22-09, 04:41 PM
you have to get a tape adapter. I dont think theres any other input besides your CD changer. Or just get a CD player/changer off your local internet. Unless there is an adapter to turn your CD changer input into another type of plug.

beengone
07-25-09, 10:37 AM
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. There is no change - at least not that I can find. The radio has it as an option, but I don't have the changer. If I did, it would be in the trunk, right? I'm trying to find out where it would be to see if I can change it to a different input. Or, if I find that's not possible purchasing a changer may be an option. I still don't know where the end of the cables should be though.

csbuckn
07-25-09, 11:07 AM
Not sure where it would be. Most stock places are in the trunk but some have been under the front seats or in the glove. If it was just an option but never installed, there is probably an empty plug in the back of the radio/amp so try to change that into an input. I dought you will find an adapter but you never know, an ipod adapter would be groovy. I would start looking for a CD changer, or a stock roadmaster CD player.

Barrister_07101
07-26-09, 12:02 AM
you have to get a tape adapter. I dont think theres any other input besides your CD changer. Or just get a CD player/changer off your local internet. Unless there is an adapter to turn your CD changer input into another type of plug.

That's what I'm doing with an Ipod until I update the head unit. WAY BETTER than a static-filled tinny FM adapter.