: Middle East

Buff
07-22-09, 03:57 PM
The CTS-V was officially launched to the press in the UAE at a major performance drive event at the Dubai Autodrome. As Cadillacís top-of-line sedan, the CTS-V combines the serious performance of an elite sports car with the poise and elegance of a luxury sedan and comes with 609hp and 0-100kmh time of 3.9 seconds. Brembo brakes and specially adapted Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tyres ensure maximum driver confidence in spite of such a powerful engine, while Magnetic Ride Control makes its trajectory smooth.

cts-v2009
07-22-09, 04:18 PM
609 hp !! is this special edition CTS-V or what !!!

mine is from middle east and it just has 556 hp :(

Buff
07-22-09, 05:34 PM
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f15/cadillac-cts-v-arrives-middle-east-proving-popular-young-enthusiasts-82103/
This where I got the info

rjoffe
07-22-09, 06:10 PM
Oh it's those metric HP ratings :hide:

aceofblitz
07-22-09, 06:12 PM
its been out for quite a while here, i know people who received their cars in december lol. I owned mine since march I think.
that 609 hp is almost surely a typo, its 556 just like the rest of you guys.

aceofblitz
07-22-09, 06:19 PM
Oh yeah I forgot....
In B4 derka, bombs, oil, virgins etc.

jwa999
07-22-09, 06:41 PM
http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=681&docid=51713

dated 1/29/09

The mentioned torque is identical to the ZR1 torque.

The difference between 609 and 556 is a bit much to account for metric/european (PS) measurements.

ctsv5005
07-22-09, 06:50 PM
i read it in a magazine, it is wrong info, it is not 609 but 556.

mr.algaz
07-23-09, 09:59 AM
Those people who work for those news articles and also that work for GM Middle East are people from other nationalities than UAE people. Those come from poor countries and most of them don't understand what an HP stands for.

Back in 2002 when they first launched the BMW 745Li they wrote it in on of the articles on the news that it is rated on 334hp and 0-100kmh @ 3.6seconds :eek:

Also another event where they also advertised that the GMC Denali Yukon is rated at 441hp and the Cadillac Escalade was at 403hp.

Those people who work there just copy and paste stuff and sometimes play around with news. Thats why most of the news published at UAE isn't 100% true you have to check behind them to get the truth.

Hope that helps. My friends own a CTS-V2 back at Dubai, and they are all 556hp like the ones in the States excluding Bluetooth(which is not available on UAE cars) and European tail lights...

mr.algaz

UAEmonster
07-24-09, 08:15 AM
|Well, .. you guys should visit the UAE once ! , Dubai and Abu Dhabi .. to see that u r still sleeping out there fellows !! lool

We live a high quality life in here , highly educated people , rapid development in everything ! we r living in heaven here , we've got everything , finest cars in the world , largest shopping malls and the tallest tower in the world (( Burj Dubai )) ,

So, wake up ..guys !! and stop talking about things u dont even know :)

jaw999 , u r right , they announced that 609 hp in other measurment , i saw that in even news in US and Europe !!! so, wuts wrong to be published in here ..!!

and we've got highly trained and educated people working in here for us , and they r not locals .

we know the difference between the tourqe and the HP .

AM from UAE .., Abu Dhabi exactly .., (( the capital of UAE )) .

by the way .., (( aceofblitz )) i got my car on Feb. :)

Looney100
07-24-09, 08:25 AM
|Well, .. you guys should visit the UAE once ! , Dubai and Abu Dhabi .. to see that u r still sleeping out there fellows !! lool

We live a high quality life in here , highly educated people , rapid development in everything ! we r living in heaven here , we've got everything , finest cars in the world , largest shopping malls and the tallest tower in the world (( Burj Dubai )) ,

So, wake up ..guys !! and stop talking about things u dont even know :)

jaw999 , u r right , they announced that 609 hp in other measurment , i saw that in even news in US and Europe !!! so, wuts wrong to be published in here ..!!

and we've got highly trained and educated people working in here for us , and they r not locals .

we know the difference between the tourqe and the HP .

AM from UAE .., Abu Dhabi exactly .., (( the capital of UAE )) .

by the way .., (( aceofblitz )) i got my car on Feb. :)

I was watching an episode of Top Gear a while back, and they were doing a top-speed run of a Lamborghini Murcialago in Dubai. They had closed off what I think was a 3 or so mile stretch of straight highway. That was a beautiful patch of asphalt!

RWFJR
07-24-09, 09:58 AM
Maybe the closer to the oil...the better the performance...:histeric:

UAEmonster
07-24-09, 11:31 AM
Maybe the closer to the oil...the better the performance...:histeric:

Yes it is .., didnt u know that :yup::yup::yup:

u want some .., gotta pay ! hehe

V-Eight
07-24-09, 11:48 AM
I didn't realize there were different ways to measure HP

AuPanda
07-24-09, 11:58 AM
Well California will now have the most modern buildings and highest quality of life thanks to the Governator finally opening up drilling off the Santa Barbara coast...I guess our horsepower numbers will improve as well. :usflag:

aceofblitz
07-24-09, 01:01 PM
AuPanda,
Straightpipes and a tune should fix Californian CTS-Vs :P

aceofblitz
07-24-09, 01:05 PM
Oh I forgot something really important.
I believe Middle-east CTS-Vs have that rear-differential cooler thing.
Its a large black box with grills placed in the area between the mufflers... can any of the UAE peeps in here go take a picture of it and post it here?
I can't cuz i'm in geneva for work.

V-Eight
07-24-09, 04:47 PM
^ That's sweet, but would it make that big a difference?

jwa999
07-24-09, 05:06 PM
^ That's sweet, but would it make that big a difference?

On my first spirited drive, about 500 miles in, my differential temp warning came on right after I finished about 30 minutes of hard driving and turning.
And it wasn't that hot back in February in Texas.

Manual says it comes on at 300F.
Warning comes back after 2 minutes and repeats until it's cooled down.

Hasn't happened since.

Hans.

V-Eight
07-24-09, 08:00 PM
I know its a good thing to keep it cool, but 50hp?

aceofblitz
07-25-09, 03:09 AM
I am almost 100% sure we're 556 HP just like everyone else.
I mentioned the cooler just because thats the only mechanical difference i've seen

cts-v2009
07-26-09, 12:38 AM
Here pics of middle east CTS-V

quakebox
08-19-09, 04:57 AM
Here pics of middle east CTS-V

nice garage you got here

odla
08-19-09, 08:02 AM
is there a right hand and a left hand drive v?

wahala
08-19-09, 08:24 AM
The traffic is on the right side in the Middle East, just like the US.

The Middle East is not as bad as everyone thinks. I am in Bahrain, and the only thing I am not able to get here is MY V2, as it is the States. Great thing is gas is about 80 cents per gallon. $14 for a fillup.