: TSB Listings anyone

inurok
07-22-09, 02:12 PM
Is there a place where I can find all the TSBs for the STS/STS-V and how would know if they were completed on my car? I was told there was a TSB to correct the sluggish audio system but so far nobody has led me in the right direction. Thanks

Florian
07-22-09, 03:43 PM
did you check w/Reed's site? cadillacfaq.com

F

inurok
07-22-09, 04:56 PM
did you check w/Reed's site? cadillacfaq.com

F

Thanks for the link but I didn't see anything there in regards to TSB bulletins maybe I will try my luck at the dealer and see if they have a way of looking it up?

CIWS
07-22-09, 04:57 PM
They were on Cadillac FAQ but GM sent a cease and desist / copyright notice to Reed and he had to take them out of the public viewing. :(

inurok
07-22-09, 04:59 PM
They were on Cadillac FAQ but GM sent a cease and desist / copyright notice to Reed and he had to take them out of the public viewing. :(

Oh I see...hmm is there a way I can contact him directly for the info out of public viewing..Man does GM have nothing better to do.

WillySTS
07-22-09, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the link but I didn't see anything there in regards to TSB bulletins maybe I will try my luck at the dealer and see if they have a way of looking it up?

Here is the bulletin #, the rest of it is instruction for the dealer how to install the upgrade.

#05-08-126-001B: Voice Recognition System Performs Poorly, Memory Seat Function Operation Complicated, Navigation Radio Screen Locks Up, Map DVD Message Displayed, Telephone Number Not Dialed via Bluetooth - (Mar 28, 2007) :)

CIWS
07-23-09, 11:10 AM
Oh I see...hmm is there a way I can contact him directly for the info out of public viewing..Man does GM have nothing better to do.

You could attempt to e-mail him from the address listed on the site.

inurok
07-23-09, 06:54 PM
someone was nice enough as to help me out thanks again guys.

55cadillacking
07-29-09, 12:54 AM
Inurok, I'm taking my car in Thursday to have them install updates, and would love to find out what updates you found out about. They told me they won't just update it if I don't have issues. Wouldn't it make sense to update everything so the car is at its peak performance level?

CIWS
07-29-09, 07:51 AM
Inurok, I'm taking my car in Thursday to have them install updates, and would love to find out what updates you found out about. They told me they won't just update it if I don't have issues. Wouldn't it make sense to update everything so the car is at its peak performance level?

I danced this dance with my dealership when I was having the overheating issue. If I'm understanding their perspective correctly, they do not simply update the computers flash without relating to a potential cause because they bill GM for the time. In order to do that, they have to show it's related to an issue they are trying to resolve. For them to just do it on their own they would essentially be footing the bill for shop time themselves, which most simply are not going to do. So it would appear the best bet would be to discuss this with your dealership's Service Manager or Service Director and see if they'll do it if you pay for the time or wait until you have something occur with the car that a flash update would seem appropriate so that it's paid for by GM while it's there.

ewill3rd
07-29-09, 08:25 AM
TSBs are documents to help us isolate a problem.
They are not magic fixes if your car doesn't have anything wrong.
Most TSBs have production date restrictions on them and may not even apply to your car even if it is the same model year.
You could have a 1st or 2nd design part only one of which would be affected... etc. etc.

We can't just "do a TSB" if there isn't a problem. There are probably thousands of bulletins on any given newer car model and you have to sort through it all to see if any apply to the concern that your customer has. You can't start at the top of the list and jus do them one at a time until the customer is happy. As far as GM is concerned that is warranty fraud and we can get in real trouble for that.

While I may not necessarily agree with what GM did to Reed, from what I know his list were PDF copies of the documents printed out from GM directly.
That is copyright infringement. The freedom of information act makes these documents avaialable to you but you do have to pay for some kind of access, whether through GM or through another source. I can't print out GM documents and then post them on a website, especially if there is any money involved.
I am assuming that is what really took place but I do not know all the facts so take that with a grain of salt.

I'd agree if you talk to your advisor or SM they should be able to help you find a way to address any issues you may have with your car.

55cadillacking
07-29-09, 12:41 PM
Thanks, that makes good sense. I am just curious to know if there are any updates that will improve the performance of my car. Maybe I am not having shifting problems, but if GM has an update that enhances the transmission's performance I would like to know that. I am definitely having trouble with the voice recognition. I hear "pardon" about 95% of the time, and I have impeccable diction! I'll have a good chat with the service people tomorrow about my actual issues and see if any of the updates address them.

Thanks.

CIWS
07-29-09, 12:53 PM
There is an existing TSB on the Nav/Radio that they update separately from the ECM/TCM/PCM as listed in an above post.

Voice Recognition System Performs Poorly, Memory Seat Function Operation Complicated, Navigation Radio Screen Locks Up, Map DVD Message Displayed, Telephone Number Not Dialed via Bluetooth #05-08-126-001B - (03/28/2007)

ewill3rd
07-29-09, 01:32 PM
That bulletin does fix a lot of stuff on the nav radios but you have to pay close attention to the TSB in order to be successful.

I was part of the reason that the "B" version was generated.
I had so many problems with the initial relase of that TSB that I rattled some cages and they updated the language.
The original release was a jumble.
It was also re-released because there are a new set of discs that work on more radio part numbers. I have the old set too but I think the new set is what you want.

As stated in other threads... you have to activate the software using the scan tool after it is loaded, otherwise it does nothing.

CIWS
07-29-09, 01:55 PM
Nice to know info ewill. Thanks :)

55cadillacking
07-29-09, 04:34 PM
I will pass that info one to my service advisor. Thanks. It did look like it had 100+ steps to it.

silverws6ta
07-29-09, 08:30 PM
That bulletin does fix a lot of stuff on the nav radios but you have to pay close attention to the TSB in order to be successful.

Thanks ewill -- When I asked my service advisor (also service manager) about this TSB it was the first time they had it brought to their attention; They gladly ordered the discs and updated both my V and moms STS -- smoother operation, better voice recognition response, improved menu locations, NAV was smoother..

I used calid.gm.com and since i am a technically saavy person I used EFIlive to see where everything currently was and spoke to the head tech and service manager (printed and highlighted what I *thought* applied). The battery drain issue was an *excellent* find. Both ECM and BCM updates seem specific to all years from what I could gather. I couldn't only let my car sit 2 weeks when I first bought it; now 6+ and fires right up on the original battery.

TCM updates were also solid performers on my car.. As of this past December it was up to par; I think most of the major rollouts should be complete since its going EOL soon.

55cadillacking
07-30-09, 07:13 PM
Well, that was an epic failure. The "tech" told me that all my problems with NAV voice-recognition and poor overall performance of my audio/nav/bluetooth system is because it is a US-car. I told him that was ridiculous and that a TSB exists that deals with many of my issues and he told me "they did it". I asked him if they installed the discs and followed the prompts to which I got a very confused look. It is just pointless dealing with these guys. They are more at home fixing the fuel pump on a '77 Chevy Belaire than working on sophisticated performance machines. So, that's strike three for me. All this city's Cadillac dealerships are nothing more than glorified Speedy Lubes!

ewill3rd
07-30-09, 08:40 PM
That is a major drag.
:(

55cadillacking
07-30-09, 09:29 PM
Yeah, doesn't exactly instill confidence. I'm thinking of selling it for fear of what would become of me if I (god forbid!) had a major problem.

I asked them to perform the supercharger/throttle body service, and when I picked it up a different guy told me they flushed the fuel injection system. I'm not exactly up on vehicle in's and out's, but is that the same thing as what I requested? They said it was, but I don't trust them as far as I can throw them.

CIWS
07-31-09, 08:36 AM
I'm going to hold off on the TB service (I'm at 26K) for now. Maybe when I reach 50 or 60K and if I still have the car. Not having local techs who have done many of these things on an STS-V doesn't make me feel comfortable. I'm a bit tired of my car being the guinea pig / OJT learner.

ewill3rd
07-31-09, 06:52 PM
When you are ready you can buy me a plane ticket to Dallas and I'll do it for you.
I need some time off. :lol:

CIWS
08-01-09, 08:51 AM
Haha don't laugh ewill, I might take you up on that for piece of mind in my car's service.

ewill3rd
08-01-09, 10:29 AM
If I didn't hate flying so much maybe I would start a mobile mechanic business nationwide???
Something tells me I could stay busy.