: cold air intake

ramon222003
07-21-09, 04:41 PM
any suggestions on an aftermarket cold air intake system? any particular brand better than the other? looking to increase horsepower on my 05 sts.

Dr. Design
07-21-09, 07:33 PM
Hello,
Give us a call and we can get you taken care. There really aren't too many options out there.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

any suggestions on an aftermarket cold air intake system? any particular brand better than the other? looking to increase horsepower on my 05 sts.

EChas3
07-21-09, 08:43 PM
My wife misses the sound of her '98 Northstar's open throttle. What's a CAI cost installed? Any connections in Milwaukee?

STE_6000
07-21-09, 09:29 PM
want most cost effective use volant. the built is nice, but its a pain in the ass to install and the maf dosnt bolt up easy, but its 300-500, cheapest around for cold air intake.

lreddiablo
07-22-09, 12:32 AM
Got Volant for around $300, is great. I had to flip the connector between the box and the cone from the outside to inside to get it to fit (u'll know when u see it) but after that pretty much fit. Kicks ass. Before I got it to fit without the bok just had the cone and sounded like a mad beast when throttle opened. Still ok, but that was amazing. And because of a broken motor mount the tube on my volant broke because of the engine shift. Motor mount free replaced under dealer warranty and my dealer even replaced the tube since they deal with volant, volant even sent a free tube for warranty replacement. Can't beat that volant!

porkfarm
07-22-09, 06:56 AM
I just took my Volant off as it was just a bit too loud for me. Don't get me wrong. I miss the sound when you stomp on it.
I am going to put it up for sale soon. I had to trim the snorkel to get it to fit my 05 sts. It was a snug fit.

EChas3
07-22-09, 05:34 PM
I just took my Volant off as it was just a bit too loud for me. Don't get me wrong. I miss the sound when you stomp on it.
I am going to put it up for sale soon. I had to trim the snorkel to get it to fit my 05 sts. It was a snug fit.

If you're serious about selling PM me or post it over in the STS Classifieds or tell us where.

The wife is frugal but she's also a leadfoot. She needs the N* loud to hear it over her AC/DC & Gus N' Roses! She may be interested but it would have to be cheaper than above. It is her birthday Saturday! I bet our dealer would install it.

I like mine as is. But I don't crank my Greatful Dead tunes like she does.

K STS
07-22-09, 05:54 PM
Sorry EChas, I already got it =)

EChas3
07-22-09, 10:54 PM
Enjoy!

TUPilot
07-23-09, 02:47 AM
How much of a performance gain are you finding on your CAI installs? Any change in MPG?

porkfarm
07-23-09, 04:19 AM
I did not see any change in MPG.. I have the Borla CAT back system on my 05, it sure did make a nice noise when I stomped on it... I guess I am getting old. I like quiet now, plus it still has some growl with the Borla.

doowap57
07-31-09, 04:37 PM
Have read a couple of places ,NOT to use the oiled CAI types,As it will
eventually pick up some of the oil, and deposit on the MAF, and
cause it to malfunction.:cool2:

K STS
07-31-09, 07:05 PM
Dude backed out of the deal. Anyone else know where i can get a decent CAI cheap?

porkfarm
08-02-09, 03:15 AM
I did not like the low end with the CAI. The engine seemed to spool up slower. If I kept the car in 2nd or 3rd or kept the rpms up it was great.. But daily driving in D. It just seemed doggy..

I put the stock back in and got 2 new stock filters. One for my V8 and one for the wifes V6. ( Same Filter.. )

When I took out the wifes... Low and behold I found a K&N in it. I cleaned it up and might put that in the V8 and decided I would try the Volant in the V6 setup.. Still have to get it in, but I have a lot more in that one.