: Bone Stock Dyno results of CA car.

KatMcRat
07-20-09, 06:33 PM
Well I took my car to the dyno this AM... Car has 1991 miles, bone stock, 6 speed auto, with crap 91 octane fuel, 95 degrees for first run which was the best on a dynojet 441.72 rwhp and 441.55 tq on a small spike.

Waited about 10 min for second run and it went down 25.8 rwhp to 415.81:crybaby: third pull waited about 1/2 hour and by that time it was 98.86 deg and made 426.18 rwhp.

Car would not go below 210 degs. My hubby logged with EFILive and said most like the IAT was to high so it was most likely running off a different table.

http://mcratracing.com/k/ctsvbaseline.jpg

Luna.
07-20-09, 07:11 PM
Interesting. Those results seem a little low, for I thought those were supposed to be SAE and account for the increased temperature (at least, estimate it).

I wonder if you are suffering from a "CA-SMOG" V that Scott from Superior Cadillac was talking about a little while ago.

I see that you live in Norco. Where did you take your car to get dynoed?

EDIT--I just realized, you must be Kat McSwain of McRat Racing Products in Corona, yes? :) And I thought you were trucks only... :cool2:

KatMcRat
07-20-09, 07:17 PM
I took it to Brothers in Corona it a Mustang shop. It 2 miles from our shop. I will take it back once it cools off and maybe throw some race gas in to at least get it up to 93 oct.

Yep, that is me :D Had to add the McRat since the software didn't like my normal 3 letter user name Kat:cool:

Luna.
07-20-09, 07:24 PM
I took it to Brothers in Corona it a Mustang shop. It 2 miles from our shop. I will take it back once it cools off and maybe throw some race gas in to at least get it up to 93 oct.

Yep, that is me :D

Very cool.

Well, if you ever need a V to use for comparison purposes, let me know. :D

aburd
07-20-09, 07:42 PM
How do u know if u have one of these CA-SMOG" V's?

ab

nevermind found the thread.

KatMcRat
07-21-09, 12:39 AM
Very cool.

Well, if you ever need a V to use for comparison purposes, let me know. :D

Thanks for the offer:D... But, we only tune Duramax's. Pat might dink with my car eventually.

Gotham CTS-V
07-21-09, 09:29 AM
The 91 Octane and heat probably hurt it. I don't think you're too low man considering the conditions. It also proves that our cars get badly heat soaked.

PSRmark
07-21-09, 01:05 PM

Yep, that is me :D Had to add the McRat since the software didn't like my normal 3 letter user name Kat:cool:

Brothers? They put the dyno back in over there? what shop are you at?

AuPanda
07-21-09, 01:07 PM
As mentioned above. 91 octane plus heat = lower numbers. I'd be shocked if there is any difference in tuning or equipment between a CA car and a non-CA car.

KatMcRat
07-21-09, 01:53 PM
Brothers? They put the dyno back in over there? what shop are you at?

Yes, it's above ground now.

http://mcratracing.com/k/brothersdyno.jpg

We own McRat Racing and our real business of measuring stuff. But, deal strickly in Duramax stuff to help support our drag racing and land speed stuff that got way out of control :bonkers:

Mikels
07-21-09, 03:06 PM
I'll try posting here too for those that missed it on the other post.....

CTSV's use same calibrations for all 50 states. Use same hardware as well. Make same rated power.

Difference is emission standards that are tested and validated to for certification purposes ONLY. That's it. Nothing more.

BTW - there are many 'me too' states that have or are adapting California emission requirements.

Luna.
07-21-09, 04:14 PM
The 91 Octane and heat probably hurt it. I don't think you're too low man considering the conditions. It also proves that our cars get badly heat soaked.

It is my understanding that "good" dynos have atmospheric correction standards and are supposed to adjust for certain atmospheric conditions, including barometric pressure, humidity and temperature. Is this not accurate?

Yes, those estimates might not be 100% accurate, but I didn't think they would be too egregious either.

I'll try posting here too for those that missed it on the other post.....

CTSV's use same calibrations for all 50 states. Use same hardware as well. Make same rated power.

Difference is emission standards that are tested and validated to for certification purposes ONLY. That's it. Nothing more.

BTW - there are many 'me too' states that have or are adapting California emission requirements.

Interesting. That makes sense. Thanks for the head's up.

Thanks for the offer... But, we only tune Duramax's. Pat might dink with my car eventually.

I meant if you needed a mule is all, not necessarily to tune it. :)

Mikels
07-21-09, 09:15 PM
It is my understanding that "good" dynos have atmospheric correction standards and are supposed to adjust for certain atmospheric conditions, including barometric pressure, humidity and temperature. Is this not accurate?

Yes, those estimates might not be 100% accurate, but I didn't think they would be too egregious either.

Dyno correction factors are accurate in correcting dyno results - difficulty is ECM changes engine operating parameters based on operating conditions as well. Since the dyno has no way of knowing what these calibrations are and the effect on engine performance, there is no way to account for this in the dyno correction factor.

Dyno correction factors are specifically to correct ambient air conditions to a standard level.

KatMcRat
07-22-09, 02:00 AM
After we get back from Bonneville and it cools down a bit I am going to re-dyno my car :yup:

So most likely in a month I will see what it does. Also find a 1/4 mile track open even if I have drive to Sacramento :eek: Hope my hubby doesn't read this :canttalk: