: Does anyone have pics of a clear bra on their V?

zr1vet
07-20-09, 05:44 AM
I'll be picking up my Thundergray V in about 10 days :D and I'm thinking about having one installed. I'm wondering how noticeable the bra is. I've searched the posts but haven't seen any pictures of one. Some owners have said it is very noticeable. For those of you that have had it done do you have anything you would have done different?
Thanks in advance.

Hawkeye2
07-20-09, 06:01 AM
I have one, did the hood and fenders and rockers too. It won't show in photos. In fact you can barely see it "in person".

SlvrBullIT
07-20-09, 06:17 AM
I still need to find someone in austin or san antonio that does it so I can have it done.

chukk
07-20-09, 06:21 AM
Not necessarily a bra, but I have the Llumar clear paint protection on the front, headlights, side mirrors, lower door panels, rocker panels, door edges, and top of the rear bumper. As the previous post mentioned, you won't see it in photo's and it IS barely visable when casually viewing.

aburd
07-20-09, 09:27 AM
Have clear bra on radiant silver. Undetectabe > 10 feet away or so. Priceless

Titaniumseeker
07-20-09, 11:42 AM
I've done the entire headlights, fog, rocker panels, full hood, quarter panels, bumper and mirrors on my Radiant Silver. Not noticable unless I point it out on the mirrors which is the only place you can see it clearly because I am only covering the back and under portion of the mirror cover. Installer I selected installs on Ferrari and Lambo vehicles and is very good. Had this also done on my wife's black CTS. Proved to be a good investment as the car was struck with a tire tread on the highway here. No damage to the vehicle because of the film. Worth the $$$ imo!

wahala
07-22-09, 06:07 AM
I've got it installed on a Thunder Gray, and unless you are right on top of it, it can't be seen. And then if you don' know what you are looking for, it you can't find it.

allklr
07-22-09, 10:27 AM
I have black raven, When my car is dirty you can see it pretty good. Not so much when its clean.

Tasos
07-22-09, 10:27 AM
Has anyone tried the 3M brand product for their V?

aburd
07-22-09, 12:41 PM
I have 3m on mine. It's awesome

Titaniumseeker
07-22-09, 12:48 PM
Has anyone tried the 3M brand product for their V?

Both vehicles have the 3M product and I am very pleased with it.

Tasos
07-22-09, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the input. 3M here I come!

jperaino
07-22-09, 11:29 PM
I have had both the 3M product and VentureShield on 2 cars and I much prefer the way the VentireShield looks

Tasos
07-24-09, 01:32 AM
I have had both the 3M product and VentureShield on 2 cars and I much prefer the way the VentireShield looks

Why?

chukk
07-24-09, 05:03 AM
I have never had 3m before, but 2 different installers that I went to that did both 3m and Llumar said that the 3m tended to yellow after some time and they thought the Llumar was superior. They only carried both because of the folks that insisted on 3m. Your mileage may vary. Also, 3m has 5 year warranty??, while Llumar has lifetime. Again, who knows how hard it is to take advantage of this or what it buys you? This is the first vehicle that I have had Paint protection on, so I don't have the history to back up the Installer's claims. I have Thunder Gray and I can barely see mine if clean or dirty. So far, so good. Hope this helps.

Looney100
07-24-09, 07:19 AM

Getting the 3M film is always a big decision for me. I'm never quite sure its appearance is better than dealing with the odd stone-chip.
I did see one on a Lexus LS at the dealership that was virtually invisible. When I asked about it, the sales guy said that it was installed at the factory rather than by the dealership. I wonder if they're able to use different materials or processes at the factory to improve the appearance, or if it was a different brand.

Kadonny
07-24-09, 09:19 AM
I put Xpel on and love it. I have the heavier grade on the hood and you can see the seam when standing on top of the car, but I have a bikini cut so my entire hood is not coated.

Here is a pic after I had it done. Front bumper, bikini cut hood, mirrors, all lower door panels, rockers and rear quarters. Door pulls also.

http://www.geocities.com/kldonny/Tint2small.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/kldonny/Tint4small.JPG

TopperHarley
08-08-09, 03:28 PM
Just picked up mine in Black Rave on Thursday night. Anyone know of a good installer in the Seattle/Tacoma area?

~Topper

OldRoadDawg
08-08-09, 04:01 PM
I put Xpel on and love it. I have the heavier grade on the hood and you can see the seam when standing on top of the car, but I have a bikini cut so my entire hood is not coated.

Here is a pic after I had it done. Front bumper, bikini cut hood, mirrors, all lower door panels, rockers and rear quarters. Door pulls also.

Same here on the Xpel, plus the headlamps. The installer just drove away after doing it in my garage.
I was really happy with his work. Really took his time. Said he travels to San Antonio twice a year for refresher training and some competition among installers.
Mine's silver and it is difficult trying photo the line on the hood, which is about the only place it is visible when you start looking for it.

nynd
08-08-09, 04:48 PM
Had mine done as well - although, they didn't do the headlamps, mentioned something that the diffusion maybe affected? Not sure if legit or just didn;t want to tackle it. Was your headlamp done with 1 or 2 pieces?