: XM Radio Subscription - best deal?

K STS
07-19-09, 02:17 PM
Hi all,

After going through the forums about an XM subscription, I found the thread dated december of last year, where people were getting ALL the channels for $75 a year. This seems like a great deal, but I havnt seen anything about it in over 6 months. Anyone know how to get a great deal, or any promotion going on right now? I thought I saw something for a free 3 months too, but I cant find it now.

K STS
07-19-09, 02:35 PM
Found it and it works:

The one year plan is $77 a year. The promo code is ZWINBACK. Tell them you also saw there is a $12.95 discount for putting a credit card on file.

Thats right, you get ALL The channels for $64 a year. Hard to beat.

KARL DAHLEN
07-19-09, 05:09 PM
Thanks K Worked like a charm. Just saved myself $50. Had to call, could not do it on line.

Force-1
07-19-09, 06:19 PM
You don't even need to use ZWINBACK. The magic word is C A N C E L.

I have renewed XM in my Corvettes 4 times, my STS twice, and my wife's Santa Fe once, $77 each time by telling them I will only pay $77, or I will cancel service. Worked every time.

KARL DAHLEN
07-19-09, 06:41 PM
That is essentially what I did since I was already paying monthly.

K STS
07-20-09, 01:12 PM
Same here. I was spending like $10 a month, so this is a great savings.

EChas3
07-21-09, 04:02 PM
Don't forget to remind yourself in 11 months to cancel XM!

They will give you the deal again (if they're still in business) but if you have a card on file and don't remember, YOU COULD GET STUCK!

lreddiablo
07-21-09, 04:12 PM
Found it and it works:

The one year plan is $77 a year. The promo code is ZWINBACK. Tell them you also saw there is a $12.95 discount for putting a credit card on file.

Thats right, you get ALL The channels for $64 a year. Hard to beat.

Does this also include the Sirius premium channels, Howard Stern, etc.?

Force-1
07-21-09, 05:57 PM
I never pay XM with a credit card--I always demand that they invoice me, and I send them a check. That way they don't have my CC info on file, can't auto charge me, and I don't have to cancel at 11 month mark. It forces them to contact me for renewal.

Force-1
07-21-09, 05:57 PM
Does this also include the Sirius premium channels, Howard Stern, etc.?

Nope.

KARL DAHLEN
07-21-09, 06:56 PM
I never pay XM with a credit card--I always demand that they invoice me, and I send them a check. That way they don't have my CC info on file, can't auto charge me, and I don't have to cancel at 11 month mark. It forces them to contact me for renewal.

Same as with a magazine subscription. Never ever pay with a CC.