: Corsa comming soon - Muffler delete for now?

K STS
07-19-09, 03:16 PM
Hi All,

I have a few friends & employees with CTS-Vs, and they have removed their muffler and put straight pipes in, and it sounds pretty good, with little to no internal cabin noise. I was very surprised to say the least.

Has anyone here ever did a muffler delete on the northstar? I was planning on getting a Corsa in the next month or two, and wanted to try the delete. Basically the corsa muffler is just a striaght through pipe, in a box, which causes the sound waves to cancel each other out at cruise speed. One of my employees worked at corsa for 5 years, and he explained how they tested mufflers and how they work.

What does the forum think?

STE_6000
07-19-09, 04:46 PM
i like my corsa. you can hear them in the myspace vids, if you haven't seent them already. but i need a outside drive by for ppl.

K STS
07-20-09, 02:06 PM
I like your corsa too. Im getting the mufflers cut now, we'll see how it sounds. Ill add corsa if i am unhappy.

STE_6000
07-20-09, 05:40 PM
only thing i didnt want was the resonators off cause it was to loud in the car. maybe later, but for now ppl can still sleep sound in side.

K STS
07-20-09, 07:29 PM
I just got back from the muffler shop. The sound is perfect. Its as good or better than my cobra convertible, and near quiet inside the car. I will try to get videos shortly. But you will be amazed.

BEASTcadi
07-24-09, 06:07 AM
K STS, please post a link when you do post those vids. Im interested in doing that too.

K STS
07-27-09, 08:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/v/JS5VVr0H8qw&hl=en&fs=1&

=)

doowap57
07-29-09, 08:28 PM
There are some forums (here)that talk about top speed.
But few talk about overall (FAST)
Is that because the STS V8 is the fastest, NON-Supercharged
we will ever pull up next to, at a light ? :cool2::cool2:
Do the Corsa's HELP ?
I sorta think so ! :cool: