: CTS-V vs CLs63 AMG... help

cts-v2009
07-19-09, 10:28 AM
Hi everyone

one of my friends got Cls63 ( stock only removed filters ) , and he is saying his car can kill my caddy CTS-V

as i ve heard he beaten Z06 last week !!!

he want me to race him , and i dont know but i feel my car is slow and still new ( only 2000km in clock )

i cant acheive anything better than 0-100 km ( the best 4.5 second )

and the car to 200 is fast so something between 13.3 to 13.55

i know there is alot of setting for this CTS-V EX: sport mode . TC level one . TC level two . sport susp

but if you put the car in any Tc level it will just waste few seconds because it will spin the tyers a lot ?

any advice regarding this race !!!! im afraid that he will beat me

Razorecko
07-19-09, 11:20 AM
^ you'll beat him. I ran a cls55 a couple days ago on the highway...well not necessarily ran considering i didnt even have to downshift from 5th gear on the highway...lol. You'll take him.

cts-v2009
07-19-09, 11:49 AM
wow ... how many cars length you beaten him

marktanner
07-19-09, 12:03 PM
If you can hook up your tires, then you should cream him. The MB traction control allows very little slip, and they're quick off the line and in the wet because of it, but the V has noticeably more power. If he beats you off the line, you'll have to go a ways to catch him, but then you should beat him if there is enough space. Certainly the transmission shoild be in sport, suspension on sport also per most recommendations. Try the traction control both on and in competitive mode and see how you do. You do need to practice, as 0-62 in 4.5 is on the slow side for these cars. I've driven an MB E63 AMG, and it didn't seem all that fast, plus it's a bit lighter than the CLS. The V feels notably faster to me.

idoitforv
07-19-09, 01:27 PM
CLS63 vs a CTS-V is a drivers race, both cars have similar stats and if he hooks and launchs better then you he will beat you every time. Throw the W4M tune or a new pully, preferably both, on there and you'll take him everytime.

cts-v2009
07-19-09, 01:55 PM
Thanks all for great comment ...

as far as i know CTS-V can kill CLS63 very easily above 160 km

CLS63 from 0-160 is around 10 sec where CTS-V from 8.7 to 9.6 in worst

and to 200 in around 13 sec where cls63 around 15 sec

Caroutisine
07-19-09, 01:56 PM
I've driven both back to back and the CTS-V is the faster of the two. But not by much. Be careful.

Razorecko
07-19-09, 03:55 PM
I've driven both back to back and the CTS-V is the faster of the two. But not by much. Be careful.

Stock...but throw on an intake/exhaust/ or a tune and g'bye 63 for good

FORGED COLLECTION
07-19-09, 10:40 PM
Figured I'd chime in as I bought a brand new cls63 in early '07 when they first came out...I spent alot of time at the track, not sure what the V's are running stock, but my cls did consistent 12.50's stock - some owners claimed low 12's stock with slips to prove it, but I guess every car is a little different. In '08 I had the upgraded ecu tune done from the dealer which put it at 525hp from 507hp - huge difference, ran 12.20's - so if it's a newer cls and has this factory tune it may be pretty tough. Also, the cls in regular drive sport mode, rolling at 40-42 mph is unstoppable as it's the last mph where the transmission will downshift into 1st gear when you step on it and it actually breaks the tires loose at 40mph - so my point is if you're going to do it rolling, stay around 45 where his car won't drop into 1st and it'll be sluggish. From the hole the cls is quick and doesn't have traction problems even with traction off, but I would imagine the V is a moster as well so who knows. Probably mostly a matter of driver and mph if rolling. I have a cls55 now, switched for the supercharged motor...The 5 speed tranny isn't as fun as the 7 in the 63 but the off the hole tire shredding torque is a blast to drive in the city. On the highway it's not that fast as one stated, but with ecu, exhaust and pulley upgrade 55's are running very hard so don't don't judge a book by it's cover, you may be running up on a 600+ horse sedan. Just my input : )

RapidRob
07-19-09, 11:11 PM
^^^ No doubt - a very nice car! But check out the M5, v2, and MB comparison video at the following link:

http://www.truveo.com/Full-Test-2009-Cadillac-CTSV/id/1792386603

Kind of speaks for itself me thinks ...

Rob

SlvrBullIT
07-19-09, 11:30 PM
Nice video, all the cars in the video are top performers and would be a welcome addition to the garage..... But in the end I chose CTS-V baby!!! M5 - costs too much, C63 AMG cost slightly more, I guess in the end it's true $ means everything.

Razorecko
07-20-09, 11:10 AM
^ i seen the c63 and honestly the car has the presence of a sporty rich girls car..It looks aggressive but its so tiny -lol

nc09v2
07-20-09, 11:52 AM
For what it's worth, my other car is an E63, stock except for the 2nd filters removed. It also has the latest spec MB tune.

My 09 V is automatic, stock except for W4M tune.

The V is more powerful, and will win if you get a good start even with stock GM tune. The Benz on the other hand is much easier to hook, so if he gets a good start, he may give you a run. You will also win from a roll.

I would practice getting traction from a stop before you race. It took me a while to get mine to hook, but I've gotten pretty consistent with mine.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Gotham CTS-V
07-20-09, 04:05 PM
The CLS is slightly slower than the E. The CTS-V is faster than an E55/63 at all speeds. Not by MUCH, but it is the faster car. That being said, you should take it. But do NOT sleep on them. Also, look out for modded 55's: E55's, CL55's, CLS55's. With pully, tune, and some light boltons they are well under 12 seconds in the quarter mile. Very nasty cars and would not suprise me if it outruns a V, at least from under 110mph or so. I am a big AMG fan so I should know lol. Also, the baddest of the whole MB lineup are the V12TT's. Look for a V12 sidebadge or 600/65 rear badge. These things are monsters off the line and on the highway. With a simple flash, they pump out 650+hp and 700tq+ like nothing!

>:-) evilll!

FORGED COLLECTION
07-20-09, 04:23 PM
The CLS is slightly slower than the E. The CTS-V is faster than an E55/63 at all speeds. Not by MUCH, but it is the faster car. That being said, you should take it. But do NOT sleep on them. Also, look out for modded 55's: E55's, CL55's, CLS55's. With pully, tune, and some light boltons they are well under 12 seconds in the quarter mile. Very nasty cars and would not suprise me if it outruns a V, at least from under 110mph or so. I am a big AMG fan so I should know lol. Also, the baddest of the whole MB lineup are the V12TT's. Look for a V12 sidebadge or 600/65 rear badge. These things are monsters off the line and on the highway. With a simple flash, they pump out 650+hp and 700tq+ like nothing!

>:-) evilll!

Yupppp - stay away from anything with a 65 badge on it...
Absolute monsters! I've had lot's of seat time in an S65 - incredible car, and scary fast.