: Wait4Me Tune - You guys weren't kidding!

Tony407
07-19-09, 02:12 AM
Holy mother of god! I received the transmission/engine tune today and after installing it I took a short drive to test it out. WOW! All I can say is that it not only addressed the sluggish auto transmission issues I immediately noticed when I took delivery of the V, but it spanked the crap outta them!

In all seriousness, it completely behaves like a different car. From pretty much any speed, when I put my foot into it the car launches forward with such ferociousness and authority that it actually startled me the first few times. Dear GM: This is the way the car should have come from the factory. And even in manual mode when I'm locked into a gear, there is a huge difference in spontaneous acceleration. The car is more lively, sportier, and much, much meaner.

I only took it for a 15 minute drive, so I'm sure there is much more I haven't noticed yet, but so far I am infinitely impressed.

Awesome job, Jesse!! Kudos!

Tony

Razorecko
07-19-09, 11:23 AM
The man knows what he's doing thats for sure :thumbsup:

jwa999
07-19-09, 02:46 PM
Yes, this why I was so frustrated when I could not reapply the tune after my tranny swap. I was forced to spend a month in stock.
I'm at 7500 miles now, and although the stock tune does seem to get better with age (the sport tranny mode got a little more responsive and the engine getting stronger), it is still a difference of night and day. With Jesse's tune the car feels lighter on it's feet. With the stock tune, the car really was starting to get a little boring!

Hans.

Tony407
07-19-09, 02:50 PM
With Jesse's tune the car feels lighter on it's feet.
Hans.

Yes, absolutely. One of the things I always gave kudos to my Jaguar XF was that even though it was much slower on paper, it felt much lighter and quicker than the V. Not any more.

Couldn't be happier.

Tony

lemaman
07-19-09, 11:20 PM
how do i get one of these tuners?
thanks,
lemaman@aol.com

Tony407
07-20-09, 08:00 PM
how do i get one of these tuners?
thanks,
lemaman@aol.com

Visit the Wait4meperformance website and use the contact info there to call Jesse and he will talk you through it.

Tony

aburd
07-20-09, 09:37 PM
If you order the handheld and load one of wait4me tunes , then down the road install a cai do u have to obtain a new tune from jesse?