: N* Powered Camaro

CadillacSTS42005
07-18-09, 10:08 AM
Its legit sorry for only one picture though

http://www.hpsalvage.com/engine_bay.jpg

parts68
07-18-09, 07:38 PM
anyone thats ever worked on a 4th Gen F body will scratch their heads with this one.
Neat looking but how will they change the WP or even service the belt?
I suppose it could be converted to an electric pump tho.Heres another pic of it.

V-Eight
07-19-09, 09:48 AM
DOHC Camaro = fail

97EldoCoupe
07-19-09, 01:15 PM
The Camaro always was a 2V V8 cam-in-block designed car, but you've got to admit, that IS COOL!

97EldoCoupe
07-19-09, 01:17 PM
Hey Parts68 - looks like you're another 4.0-4.6 swapper! How's the Aurora for speed? How's the Caddy on fuel? I'm about to do another 4.6 Aurora for my right-hand shop helper...

parts68
07-19-09, 11:19 PM
nope getting ready to do a shelby 4.0 swap in my RowRow.

Destroyer
07-20-09, 12:08 AM
The Camaro always was a 2V V8 cam-in-block designed car, but you've got to admit, that IS COOL!No, it ain't cool. It's a problematic motor put into a musclecar. Blah, only good motors Cadillac put in their cars were Chevy motors. To put a Caddy motor in a Chevy is A. dumb and B. makes no sense whatsover.

97EldoCoupe
07-20-09, 06:56 AM
Ahh, I remember these moments.....

Heck yeah it's cool. But I still fail to see why they did this- LT1's and LS1's (whatever that Camaro had before- LS1 I believe) are very durable, powerful engines. But nevertheless, it IS COOL.

Oh, yeah, the 4.6 is 67 cubes smaller than original 346c.i. LS1. If it's just as fast now, that proves the N* is more efficient. Actually I think that's already proven by the fact that it already makes over 1hp/c.i., (stock VIN 9)

ewill3rd
07-20-09, 08:00 AM
Dude, I am one step closer to having seen everything.
Why oh why in the world would some fool do that?
I mean it looks like they did a nice job and all but.... really?

parts68
07-20-09, 09:00 AM
I had actually considered this swap....briefly.
I have some Shelby crate motors and 4.6s,a Camaro convertible with a blown up 3.4 .
But common sense prevailed.As far as "problematic"once the headbolts are fixed,
which can be done before the swap,what else is there?

V-Eight
07-20-09, 10:37 AM
I had actually considered this swap....briefly.
I have some Shelby crate motors and 4.6s,a Camaro convertible with a blown up 3.4 .
which can be done before the swap,what else is there?

The fact that it is a DOHC and will have no where near as much low end torque as a Camaro should.

therodman
07-20-09, 01:59 PM
I say, to each their own, why anyone would do this doesn't matter. It's a one of a kind, I'm sure it runs real good and makes good power! From the picture it does look like it was done quite professionally and for that you need to be congratulated with a pat on the back!

P.S. You now have the original Camaro motor to play with in your spare time.

ejguillot
07-20-09, 02:41 PM
Hey, for all we know (I haven't heard the full story of this Camaro), this could have been a V6 Camaro merged with a Northstar that was sitting around in the owner's garage!

It's possible...

dkozloski
07-20-09, 03:19 PM
The fact that it is a DOHC and will have no where near as much low end torque as a Camaro should.
After it goes the first 100 feet it doesn't make a rat's ass.

Destroyer
07-21-09, 12:34 AM
which can be done before the swap,what else is there?The fact that the LT1 and LS1 motors have a HUGE aftermarket following and the N*'s have NONE. The head gaskets are a big issue and yes they can be done before the swap but it is still not cheap. Money could be spent on better things like modifying a Chevy V8. The swap makes no sense but it is different which kinda makes it cool I guess.

codewize
07-21-09, 08:31 AM
LOL I like it in a way.

I'm trying to convince my brother-in-law to put a N* in is IMCA modified. You know, since I have an extra one laying around now.