: Another Public Thank You to Superior Cadillac

kck
07-17-09, 05:05 PM
About a month ago I posted comments (“Trying to purchase a CTS-V”) thanking Scott Pratt up in Michigan and Tony Pagano down in Florida for their efforts in trying to find me a loaded (including Recaro seats) Crystal Red automatic V. In early June, my local dealer in Omaha (Nebraska) had received notice from GM that the order that we had placed back in March was being rescinded. In my mad scramble to find another V on the national market, I had stipulated I did not want one that had been sitting at a dealership for several months, because I feared it would have received “demo rides” such that the transmission and (especially) the differential would not have received the “gentle break-in” that Caddy forum experts such as “Short-Throw” (and GM) recommend. However, although Scott’s and Tony’s initial efforts failed, Scott did ultimately find me the V I was seeking. He told me that one was currently being built and would be delivered shortly to another dealership about 90 miles away from him. He was going to have one of his guys drive the V to Superior, but I paid Scott to have it towed when it arrived at the other dealership.

Scott checked on the progress of this V at the factory, and found that it had been selected to receive an additional “driving inspection” (which both Scott and I thought was a good additional test, given that the factory reps would be doing the driving.) He noted that these extra inspections (which the factory is currently basing on a 1-in-5 ratio of Vs coming off the assembly line) are anywhere from a few miles driving up to a hundred miles or so – though the latter mileage would be unusual. In fact, the V arrived at Superior with 57 miles on the odometer, and Scott added an additional 10 miles by having it driven to a local gas station so that it would have a full tank of gas when it was delivered to me.

Scott makes the process of buying an out-of-state car as “seamless” as possible. He also has a business manager, Carrie Bunting, who is super-efficient and an absolute sweetheart. (If I were a younger man and lived close by...) All the (considerable) paper-work is overnight-expressed, and Carrie highlights in yellow everything that needs a signature. Both she and Scott also answer voice messages very rapidly.

Because the V was too far along in the build process for Scott to have the car directly shipped from the factory to a local Cadillac dealership here in Omaha (what I think they call a “courtesy delivery”), I paid $750 to have a transport company pick the V up at Superior and ship it to Omaha. The company is Pilot, and if you need your car transported from Michigan, this is the company you should have do it. Pilot is extremely professional (GM uses this same company to deliver the cars that are shipped from the factory). They picked up the V within just a couple of days after I wired Scott the money to buy it, and they kept me informed of progress over the 2-day trip to Omaha. Although I only paid for an “open-air” transport, Pilot told me that there was a chance the V might arrive in an “enclosed” transport, if they needed to “fill-out” a transport delivery. In fact, it did arrive in an enclosed transport, sitting right behind a $320,000 Ferrari that was going to Seattle. Scott had the V washed just before it was loaded on the transport -- yet another example of his excellent service in processing out-of-state orders. So it was unloaded at my apartment complex (via hydraulic lifts that use no ramp) in a very shiny and pristine condition. (Unfortunately, my i-Phone camera was not working properly, so none of the pictures I took of this whole process, including the rear-end of the gorgeous Ferrari, were saved.)

Scott got me GM employee pricing (a huge savings, even after factoring in the additional shipping costs). He recommended that I pay an additional $500 for the interior and exterior sealant, so my final price (with every available option except engine block heater) was $64,131 (not including the 7% sales tax and $1,000 license fee that Nebraska charges for this car). As Scott has noted in a recent posting, it appears that GM is raising the cost of the 2010 Vs around $3,000. So given that it is highly unlikely that GM employee pricing will be available for the 2010 model (at least at the start of the model year), anyone in the market for a V should try to find one now.

I’ll post later on my initial driving experiences with the V, and some additional information (that I think might interest forum members) on the clear-coat film paint protection and FilterMags for the V (which should be used on more than just your engine oil) that I have installed since it has arrived.

Kyle

Lord Cadillac
07-17-09, 06:09 PM
Congratulations on your CTS-V, Kyle. :)

RapidRob
07-17-09, 06:55 PM
Yes sir - congrats!! :thumbsup:

I'm sure you'll love the car - but come on back and let us know how much. :bouncy:

Rob

vperl
07-17-09, 06:57 PM
When I first talked to (Feb., 09 ) Scott, it took about 1.5 minutes to say , " YES ? here is my deposit."
Yes, that young lady in the business office did everything and more as described, exactly the same.

Even his sales manager was in the mix, "we sell cars, not store them, here at Superior". Yes, they do and they were of great fun the morning, they picked me up at a airport motel, by 12 Noon Scott was waving good bye to me with tears in his eyes, he directed me to a place to have lunch, before my 2500 mile trek started..

He does wear a funny yellow tie, but I forgive him.... pictures of Scott in yellow tie are available

neuronbob
07-17-09, 07:00 PM
Congrats on joining the fraternity. And kudos again to Scott for my purchase. 3978 miles and still smiling!

vperl
07-17-09, 07:42 PM
Do not blame Scott it is a local thing. Over here we wear Beaver Skin caps.

Sea-V
07-18-09, 06:20 AM
Congrats on the new "V" +1 on the Crystal Red Color and the Recaro seats
Also +1 on Superior and the whole crew there.
Enjoy The Ride:D

Krug Ford
07-18-09, 10:25 AM
I try my best to make everyone happy.

even you Van Perl

GM-4-LIFE
07-18-09, 03:16 PM
Scott is one of a kind!

SG

vperl
07-18-09, 03:25 PM
I try my best to make everyone happy.

even you Van Perl

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Scott, at least get my name right, gee Whiz.... are you still in that tie, stop tearing up when you remember me, right now people are hunting me down to scowled me, or worse.

Age has it's qualities, we have no rules, survival is all that matters, so Scott...... wipe away those tears of abandonment... move forward..

Need more Pics ?

thebigjimsho
07-18-09, 03:43 PM
It's still yet to be seen if these cars are any slower with CA smog or if the V will have a $3000 price increase...

kck
07-19-09, 12:11 AM
Thanks guys for your kind comments to a “newbie” V owner.

vpearl: Your picture of Scott in the pale yellow tie kind of destroys my previous image of Scott (based on multiple telephone conversations with him) as being a really “cool guy.” However, your photo shot of Carrie just reinforces my initial impression (based on her sexy voice over the phone) that she would be “hot-looking.”

Kyle

vperl
07-19-09, 12:31 AM
Thanks guys for your kind comments to a “newbie” V owner.

vPerl: Your picture of Scott in the pale yellow tie kind of destroys my previous image of Scott (based on multiple telephone conversations with him) as being a really “cool guy.” However, your photo shot of Carrie just reinforces my initial impression (based on her sexy voice over the phone) that she would be “hot-looking.”

Kyle

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You do know that you can avoid that Scott guy and just proceed with your purchase Through the business office. Scott is very emotional and he tears up very easy , be carefully no sense to hurt his tender feelings

neuronbob
07-19-09, 06:39 AM
Having met Scott in person, I can confirm he is a "cool guy", but more importantly (and thankfully for some of us) he is a "car guy".

vperl
07-20-09, 03:22 AM
People should understand, Scott is very sensitive and emotional, every time a V2 leaves the dealership, a tiny portion of his sole is torn away. So, please do not be to hard on Scott, he wipes his tears away as best he can, considering he still wears that yellow tie.

thebigjimsho
07-20-09, 11:49 AM
People should understand, Scott is very sensitive and emotional, every time a V2 leaves the dealership, a tiny portion of his sole is torn away. So, please do not be to hard on Scott, he wipes his tears away as best he can, considering he still wears that yellow tie.
Maybe he should buy better shoes...

vperl
07-21-09, 07:33 AM
Scott, on the way back from his salesman of the day contest at Superior Cadillac, he loves the liquid cheese.

Congrats to SCOTT

Krug Ford
07-21-09, 12:30 PM
Next Till I'll get you a free Arby's Roast Beef.

vperl
07-22-09, 03:04 AM
Scott, your the best, but no cheese, double beef on that sandwhich. Say "Hi" to the crew.

Krug Ford
07-22-09, 01:47 PM
I will say hi to all.

vperl
07-23-09, 03:25 AM
Thanks, Scott, have a great week

vperl
07-24-09, 02:13 PM
What is the chance you'll get a different color tie ?

dark blue ?

Krug Ford
07-26-09, 11:24 PM
I have many ties.. Next time you come to Michigan I will wear a different color just for you.

Scott

dvandentop
07-27-09, 12:00 AM
congrats bring it to MAM sometime

vperl
07-28-09, 12:55 AM
Well// Seems Scott has been two timming me... I hear he bought the last guy that got Radiant Silver lunch....

I am apppaulled....... I never got one....

BTW, Scott why is your hand in your pocket in "that " picture.

vperl
07-28-09, 08:46 PM
congrats bring it to MAM sometime

living in the hinter lands, what is " MAM " ham. onions on Rye, extra cheese sauce?