: the craziest drive

T_Dogg8
07-21-04, 01:33 PM
ok, so i'm heading to frederick MD last night and just after i cross the PA/MD line i see a flatbed with 2 nice cars on it. i get closer and see one is a new audi and the other is a benz convertible. not sure what model, but really nice looking. black with black top. well anyway, i'm cruising along and i pass the truck and i'm checking out the cars as i go by. well i get to the front of the benz and glance over to see VTEC and TypeS badges on the side. i almost wrecked my caddy!! i couldn't believe anyone would do that. am i missing something?? or did some idiot really do that?? there isn't a TypeS Benz is there?? my only thought was either someone was trying to be rice and made their car look worse, or they did the worst engine swap in history. i was looking for geo metro badges on the audi :)

well if that wasn't bad enough i'm almost to fredrick and i'm right at were 270 starts. i'm in the passing lane behind a truck getting ready to pass some car. then some idiot girl comes flying up beside me and tries to pull in between me and the truck. i couldn't believe it. there was maybe a car length and a half to fit in. well i didn't let her in mostly because i was feeling like an extra ******* last night :) so she ends up two cars behind me. well we pass this car and really the fast lane was only going about 65 sometimes a little under that, but the slow lane was going even slower, so needless to say as soon as she passed the car she tried to pass me. well before she started this i moved over so i could get ready to get off at the next exit. we had just gotten to where 270 breaks off and she cut all the way over to the far right passing me, a truck, and another car. then she crosses the 4 lanes passes a few more and just weaves back and forth across 3 and 4 lanes (two of which are exit lanes) passing people. i don't know where she was going, but i can't imagine she was going to get there alive. they want to stop old people from driving, forget that, get people like her off the road.

carguy16
07-21-04, 03:01 PM
i don't know where she was going, but i can't imagine she was going to get there alive. they want to stop old people from driving, forget that, get people like her off the road.

Good job on not letting her over, did you blow the horn at her? I would.

If you really want to get her off the road, do the pit manuever, I see it all the time on cops. Just make sure there's no one around. (kidding)

What kind of car was the b :canttalk: tch driving? Wheres a COP when you need one?

T_Dogg8
07-21-04, 03:11 PM
i think it was a cougar.

i don't know, usually there's a few cops around that area since people fly down the mountain and traffic sucks around there.

LacSeville
07-21-04, 03:54 PM
i bet she was a 17yr old girl, smoking a cigarette and talking on the cell phone. i swear i'm right.... i see it all the time!

T_Dogg8
07-21-04, 04:10 PM
well she wasn't smoking, but the rest is right.

CoupeDevilleRob
07-21-04, 05:48 PM
Whatever happened to women being conservative, safe drivers? Some of the most lunatic drivers I see are soccer moms in their useless SUVs or teenage girls in rice rockets. I have no tolerance for the soccer moms but I'm sometimes willing to cut the teenage girls some slack. :sneaky:

Msilva954
07-21-04, 09:02 PM
Statistics show that females are rapidly overtaking males when it comes to causing accidents....in the next year or so you will see that stitistics show women causing them more often......YESSSSS....do as they please all I know is I want my insurance to go down cuz im a male.

T_Dogg8
07-22-04, 07:53 AM
i was driving on route 15 just outside of frederick md a couple weeks ago and there was a slow moving truck in the passing lane. well one or two cars had passed on the right, so the old man put on his turn signal to move over. at this time i moved into the left lane to give him room and to wait to pass him. well the girl directly behind him swerved over to the right lane and passed him on the right. HE HAD HIS TURN SIGNAL ON THE WHOLE TIME!!! i couldn't believe it. he puts his turn signal on to try to move over and she wouldn't let him. he almost pulled over and hit her but luckily saw her in time. if she would have waited literally 2 seconds everything would have been clear and she could have gone. the road wasn't even busy or anything either. i said to my friend 'what the heck is that person doing??' and he replied 'probably some young girl' and of course as we passed her as she got off the next exit, it was.

carguy16
07-22-04, 10:30 AM
i said to my friend 'what the heck is that person doing??' and he replied 'probably some young girl' and of course as we passed her as she got off the next exit, it was.

You should give her the evil eye. If you have someone else in the car, roll down the window and make your eyes go really big, like they are popping out of the sockets, and stare at her. Then have your friend do the finger thing :tisk: . At which point she will probably give you the finger, and then you do something foolish and immature back. People that use signals are your best friend, and in my opinion deserve some respect, considering they probably know how to drive.

Not to mention, that guy is old. They cant move as fast, so when turns around and looks to see if anyone is there and starts moving over just as she starts to pass, someones going to get into an accident. Not to mention, it must be pretty frustrating for the old guy. :confused: "Are my signals working??? Or did that b :canttalk: tch pass me."

Stoneage_Caddy
07-22-04, 06:04 PM
i bet she was a 17yr old girl, smoking a cigarette and talking on the cell phone. i swear i'm right.... i see it all the time!

had a girl fly up from way behind me when traffic was mergeing down to one lane , nothing infront of me , nothing bedhind , she was absolutely flying , so fast that the caddy couldnt out accerate that closeing corrola , she cut me off and ran me clear off the road . at this point the caddy finally decided on a gear to use , and i caught her in no time heaed into a corner pissed beyond all possible reason . before i could pass and stop her ass she lost controll and damn near crashed her shizz(overcorrection in a sweeping off camber right hander) . i figured since she scared herself silly that was lesson enough and backed off and continued home . another reason i let her be is she definatly had talent , the cell phone never left her ear the whole time ..

wanna know why males have higer rates ? we are more likely to have road rage and use our car as a weapon .

holding a cell phone while driveing should be held in the same regard as holding a beer , i dont care who you think you are . I have the couresty if the phone rings to find a place to pull off and take care of whatever buisness there is , and thats if i have it turned on , which is very rare . people can wait till im home or in the office to talk to me . I am a dieing breed , driving is my passion....

T_Dogg8
07-23-04, 07:34 AM
hmm...people must smoke more where you are. because she was probably about 17 with a cell phone, but no cigarette.

i have to disagree about the cell phone. i agree it's a distraction, but not anymore of one than talking to someone in the backseat or changing cds. and i don't think the handsfree thing does anything. yeah, it's better to have two hands on the wheel, but IMO, it's the talking that is the distraction, not the holding of the phone. by that theory we shouldn't have drinks in the car or anything we could touch with one hand. just my .02 :)

Stoneage_Caddy
07-23-04, 11:14 AM
people that smoke in car are almost as bad , they slow down and weeve while they light up , at least i can wait till my destination to light up .

but its cellphone drivers that are the worst , everyday i see some car weeveing and being unable to keep a constant speed . Today was a 93 F150 with a manual tranny , he wouldnt put down the phone to shift so we all went 9 mph for a good ways unable to pass because of the weeveing , once he switched ears he was then able to shift , once to 60 be continued weeveing into other lanes . very very dangerous , i dont see people doing this with a car full of kids near as much . but everytime i see a damn phone i know there will be trouble .

regarding drinks , there shouldnt be any drinks in the car , the eurpoeans look at us like a joke because we need at least 15 cupholders in a compact car , along with places to charge our PDAs,Cellphones ,cook dinner , do our laundry ....basicly anything but driveing ........this all happend many years ago when we beagin to look at our cars in the same regard as a dishwasher , a means to do daily chores , now we have to "multitask" flinging liability for our actions out the window with the whole idea of driveing safely . must be why were leading the world in devloping "driverless" cars .....if people dont want to drive take the damn bus .....