: 92 Fleetwood Door Alignment

CaptainCaddy
07-17-09, 09:03 AM
-= 92 Fleetwood =-

Due some mishaps with my mothers Fleetwood I had to replace the passenger doors with used doors from a boneyard donor. Removed the right front fender to gain access to the hinges. The question is, after i get the doors aligned, how the hell do you get to the remaining Torx bolts to install the fender? If I put the fender back on with the door off, It will be dang near impossible to readjust the Door alignment.... Viscious! Any one have a procedure for Door Alignment? 92 Fleet 4 door.... Thanks
CC

1980coupe
07-20-09, 01:15 AM
-= 92 Fleetwood =-

Due some mishaps with my mothers Fleetwood I had to replace the passenger doors with used doors from a boneyard donor. Removed the right front fender to gain access to the hinges. The question is, after i get the doors aligned, how the hell do you get to the remaining Torx bolts to install the fender? If I put the fender back on with the door off, It will be dang near impossible to readjust the Door alignment.... Viscious! Any one have a procedure for Door Alignment? 92 Fleet 4 door.... Thanks
CC

the way I did mine was I removed the entire front driver side fender. You just removed the outer shell correct and those torx bolts you are referring to are the ones that run on the edge of the gap between fender and door? There's also an equipment you can buy at Harbor Freight see link. Thanks
http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=door+installer&Submit=Go