: Boo!! First ticket

SlvrBullIT
07-16-09, 10:39 PM
So was driving home from my swing shift and got pulled over......
DPS trooper said he got me with laser @ 79MPH, wrote me a citation...:mad2:
Next he cited me again for no front plate!!!!! :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Oh well guess DD class is in my future!!! :bigroll:

RapidRob
07-16-09, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear it - but, it's really hard not to get snagged in this car. I've been lucky so far, but have caught myself doing way above speed limits quite a few times because it just gets there so quick, and it doesn't feel like it's going that fast, AND it's soooo fun! Love it ... :bouncy:

Rob

Gotham CTS-V
07-17-09, 09:56 AM
Been pulled over 4 times in 7 days of ownership. Cited 2 speeding tickets and 1 ticket for tints and 1 for no front plate.

It's part of the ownership experience I guess...lol

demorgan59
07-17-09, 10:24 AM
Been pulled over 4 times in 7 days of ownership. Cited 2 speeding tickets and 1 ticket for tints and 1 for no front plate.

It's part of the ownership experience I guess...lol

Congratulations, you're at the head of the class! Sounds to me you're driving it like it's meant to be driven!

Krug Ford
07-17-09, 10:41 AM
Hes driving like he stole it..

Gotham CTS-V
07-17-09, 10:47 AM
Congratulations, you're at the head of the class! Sounds to me you're driving it like it's meant to be driven!

:thumbsup: Next step is hitting up the drag strip!

vperl
07-17-09, 12:55 PM
Hes driving like he stole it..
\******************

Scott, are you the one he stole it from?

leemun
07-17-09, 07:16 PM
i feel your pain... 2 so far. 1 bull$hit one driving with traffic...

second was legit :(, gotta go see "the man" next week for that one.

for those of you that have gone to see a judge, how has it gone?

SlvrBullIT
07-17-09, 08:20 PM
Good reads
http://lifehacker.com/software/cars/how-to-beat-a-speeding-ticket-or-at-least-better-your-chances-208611.php

SlvrBullIT
07-17-09, 08:22 PM
I'm calling on Monday for mine, DD will probably get me out of the speeding...and lower my insurance to boot. The license plate thing ticks me off, gotta mount it now grrrrrr :mad::rant2:

jwa999
07-17-09, 08:54 PM
i feel your pain... 2 so far. 1 bull one driving with traffic...

second was legit :(, gotta go see "the man" next week for that one.

for those of you that have gone to see a judge, how has it gone?

For some reason, the police here in Texas doens't like to give me a ticket, and if they do, they always reduce it to 24 or 29 mph over the speed limit so you can take care of it. Up to 24 you can take defensive driving, and up to 29 you can defer it so it won't get on your record and your insurance goes up. I've gotten more warnings than tickers.

My last encounter was last week, I was going to a little drive in the afternoon, going a little fast around a corner. Saw the cop and knew was going to be pulled over. But she only gave me a warning ticket for not using my blinkers and not using them early enough. And she told me to slow down or you're going to hurt somebody.

The only time I had to see a judge was to get my 29mph over limit deferred in the porsche. It felt like going to have tea with the judge. He ask where I was from, just getting to know me, talking about Holland. That was it. Case dismissed, well deferred.

Hans.