: Video CTS-V vs Jaguar

cars_are_fun!
07-16-09, 12:57 PM
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/112_0910_2009_cadillac_ctsv_jaguar_xfr_comparison/index.html

Tuan_CTSV
07-16-09, 01:08 PM
Nice! CTS-V is the King!

Razorecko
07-16-09, 01:45 PM
Its funny how as soon as the V came out allll these other cars...the jag, the panamera are all trying to get into the sedan supercar market....too bad they all can't do it w/out cracking 6 figure prices -lol

JD03Cobra
07-16-09, 02:03 PM
Wow close race.

Gotham CTS-V
07-16-09, 02:04 PM
No suprise here. Very slow 1/4 mile times though for the V.

madmaro00
07-16-09, 02:09 PM
My buddy used to have a '05 V and just sold it to buy the new XFR. He likes it a ton despite my urges for him to buy the '09 V and stick with an American car and not one supported by the middle east.

Florian
07-16-09, 02:16 PM
like beating your retarded cousin.....

F

Tasos
07-16-09, 03:00 PM
It's interesting how more of the recent road tests use the manual V instead of the auto. The auto is about a 10th of a second faster to 60 and 1/4 mile. Like in this case, test auto with an auto.

chopmeat
07-16-09, 03:14 PM
Back to England!!!!!!

LUVMY04V
07-16-09, 04:03 PM
That was hilarious!!! Music was perfect

aceofblitz
07-16-09, 10:13 PM
My buddy used to have a '05 V and just sold it to buy the new XFR. He likes it a ton despite my urges for him to buy the '09 V and stick with an American car and not one supported by the middle east.

That's the funniest thing I have ever read in this forum. ALL CARS ARE SUPPORTED BY THE MIDDLE EAST. Its called oil. Jaguar is supported mainly by the Indians (Tata) though.

V-Eight
07-16-09, 10:24 PM
The Jag did a better burnout, you could see the V starting to pull away near the end.

CVP33
07-16-09, 10:50 PM
That's the funniest thing I have ever read in this forum. ALL CARS ARE SUPPORTED BY THE MIDDLE EAST. Its called oil. Jaguar is supported mainly by the Indians (Tata) though.

You need to read more posts. One time Florian said he would take a turkey baster to...........ahhh never mind. :canttalk:

Razorecko
07-16-09, 11:10 PM
Problem is that the jag will spend more time in for warranty work than ours will for performance upgrades

1BlinkGone
07-21-09, 08:08 PM
Problem is that the jag will spend more time in for warranty work than ours will for performance upgrades

Tony can vouch for that... and now owns the CTS-V. :bouncy:

vperl
07-21-09, 10:29 PM
You need to read more posts. One time Florian said he would take a turkey baster to...........ahhh never mind. :canttalk:

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( ((((((((((((

no surprises here

MacGordon
09-01-09, 02:35 PM

Hahahaha...If that buddy is me, that means you're driving said '05 V (congrats). If not, dissregard. Oh, and check the vin, I can't remember if it was built in mexico or canada (Hello NAFTA).

I did sell my '05 V back in June. I liked my car, but I realized over the years that it was not what I wanted. I took it back to the dealer for numorous warranty work. I'm pretty sure all the bugs got worked out of it, but that didn't make me any happier with the car. I came to the realization that I wanted something else. Also, I wanted something that my wife could drive, and she had trouble with the manual 6 speed (as did almost everyone who drove the car).

While looking for a new car, I drove the '09 CTS-V, the Audi A6 & S6, and the Jag XF (the R wasn't released until July). I also drove quite a few other fun rides just for the heck of it.

When the local dealer got the XF R in, I drove it. It was like no other car I had driven. But the sad thing was, when I drove the base model XF, with only 300hp, it was still a better car (minus the horse power) than the V. Yeah, it had a bit less ponies than the V, but it makes up for it in shear comfort and extras, and more desirable body styling.

Also, just to let everyone know that thinks that the XF R is a 6 figure car. 9K more than the V. Same as the Audi S6.

If you roll up next to me with any of the V's, I'll either wave or give the thumbs up...with much respect. I ain't no stuck up. The V is a wonderful car. It's just not for me.

cmicasa
09-02-09, 01:06 AM
If you roll up next to me with any of the V's, I'll either wave or give the thumbs up...with much respect. I ain't no stuck up. The V is a wonderful car. It's just not for me.

Why would we think U are a "Stuck Up" in a Jag when we are in a Caddy?:confused:

If anything I would think that we would feel sorry for U in anticipation of all of your future time in the Service BAy at your local Jag/Land Rover dealer. :bouncy:

Screw that INDIAN car... I live in AMERICA:thumbsup:

thatcoder
09-04-09, 08:08 AM
Used to own jags and range rovers, and they loved tender loving car. Every other day it was one thing or the other. I've stock it out with American on the last 3 purchases because they aren't as needy, and they'll take a good beating any day of the week.

neuronbob
09-04-09, 11:05 AM

You'd get a thumbs-up from me. The XF series is a fabulous car, a lot better than the S-series crap Jag was making a few years ago.