: Attitude

next2pool
07-15-09, 11:49 PM
I only belong to a couple of forums, but I've never been involved in one like this. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big boy and can take a lot of disagreement and criticism. However, there are a number of smart assess and decronstuctive posters that do nothing to help others and share constructive experiences. I love a good sense of humor and there is a good share of that here, but what possesses some folks to do nothing but antagonize good STS owners and want-to-be's ? It's as if they want to relegate their poor miserable lives onto others who only want to share and discuss.

Greg00coupe
07-16-09, 01:05 PM
Understand your point. But is that not what is happening everywhere from forums, blogs and any online comment opionion tool? People either have nothing better to do and or have no respect for others. I too have belonged to forums for 10+ years and the quality of postings has
deteriorated. Just the nature of society plus the anonymous nature of a virtual post. Folks say things they would never have the courage to say in person.

K STS
07-16-09, 02:15 PM
wrong forum, *******.

K STS
07-16-09, 02:18 PM
by the way, the definition of the ****ed word is:
insulting terms of address for people who are stupid or irritating or ridiculous. Im sure you can figure out what it was.

dhemrick
07-16-09, 02:18 PM
Actually, I think you just tuned in at the wrong time which is unfortunate. In general, both this and the STS-V forum have been VERY civil and helpful with a lot of knowledgeable and level headed people posting on them.

I have noticed that this week in particular there seems to have been a few hotheads, but let me assure you that as a long term reader and poster on this forum, these people do not represent the vast majority of posters nor postings. In fact, there have been several comments over time about the relative civility of this forum in comparison to those for other cars, so do not let a few errant postings give you the impression that the antagonistic postings are the norm. They are not.

next2pool
07-16-09, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I was probably in a bad mood and some of the stuff hit me the wrong way. I love my STS and really enjoy trading experiences, questions, and answers with others :)

BaTu
07-16-09, 03:35 PM
Ya know,,, I am often Really surprised by how people react to something I've posted, or maybe it's not even exactly what I said but rather How it was said. All of a sudden, some guy's just Bent! ;) hehehe

I think it's a reaction that occurs because, with the "written word" only, the subtle clues that would accompany a face-to-face conversation aren't there, the wink, smile, or touch that would let the recipient know that no Harm was intended.

Today our kids grow-up in a world where "Everybody's special", no score is kept at many games, everybody plays no matter how bad they are ;), and hear no harsh words from their teachers, are NEVER criticized by anyone, just "supportive and nurturing" all day long.... :D

But Geeze WE didn't grow-up like that!!!

And this is a CAR Forum full of guys! From Frat houses, to Firehouses, Military service, Locker rooms, and working in a garage with a bunch of other mechanics (those guys were just brutal!!). MEN are MEN and tease each other relentlessly. You Poke & Prod 'till you find a soft-spot and then go-for-it :D

You guys never experience this?

But in this "cyber-world", the vapor that IS the Internet... It's Not YOU, it's a persona you post as. What does it mean what you're thought of here? How Could it be So Important to people what they're thought of here? It's Not REAL, It shouldn't Matter what someone thinks of you HERE!!! You don't really exist HERE ;) So STOP putting such importance on what happens and how some "rep" might be seen as trampled ;)

In the REAL WORLD, you, your friends & family, how you're perceived and what you do are all that matters. This, this is all Bull$hit :P

Let's all try and Lighten-Up:lildevil:

widmann@hotmail.com
07-17-09, 07:55 AM
BATU- interesing perspective..Many of us did not grow up in a digital age.. Teens and "twenty somethings" understand the balance of cyber reality vers. reality.. Many of us wouldn't post anything that you would say to the person face to face. I guess it goes back to a hand shake is a binding contact just like a signed document.

K STS
07-17-09, 09:03 AM
Can we lock/move this thread? This has nothing to do with STS discussion. I hate shit like this clogging up the forum of otherwise meaningful information. If you dont like the attitude or the way people are on this forum, dont post here. Simple as that.

Greg00coupe
07-17-09, 12:33 PM
If you hate it why did you make 3 postes and obviosuly viewe the sight multilple time? Just skip this thread.

WillySTS
07-17-09, 12:56 PM
If you hate it why did you make 3 postes and obviosuly viewe the sight multilple time? Just skip this thread.
:hitstick::osnap::thankyou:

BaTu
07-17-09, 04:08 PM
Can we lock/move this thread? This has nothing to do with STS discussion. I hate shit like this clogging up the forum of otherwise meaningful information. If you dont like the attitude or the way people are on this forum, dont post here. Simple as that.

Wow, somebody wants to be in charge of the world ;)

(ooops,,,, there I go again! <- notice the "wink" though,,, no offense intended to our new, young, member)

A while ago, I think it was 60 minutes, did a story on why so many of these "raised-like-veal 20somethings" were quitting their jobs (some had quit 2 & 3 times in their first year). It turns out these young men were exposed to the real world for the first time and when they got out of school, and went to their chosen profession. They were horrified to find that they were being "abused" in a "hostile work environment" by their boss or supervisor.

The first time someone said to them "Hey numb-nuts, what kind of a moron would think this is the way to do it! Whatta Stupid????"

After all, he knows he's special, even Gifited,,, his mommy and teachers have Always told him so.... surely their supervisor Must be the "stupid one" not to perceive That :D

And they quit! Eventually, I assume these poor kids figure-out they've been deluded their whole lives and start to cope,,,,,,

K STS
07-17-09, 04:47 PM
I keep thinking there is going to be meaningful information when I see this new post show up at the top of the forum, but obviously its just a bunch of pompous *******s with nothing better to do than complain about a forum they spend all day on =)

BaTu
07-17-09, 05:24 PM
a forum they spend all day on =)

Lets see, if I do a "View All Posts" for you,,,,, So far today you've posted at:

07-17-09, 09:03 AM

7-17-09, 09:13 AM

07-17-09, 09:16 AM

07-17-09, 09:18 AM

07-17-09, 10:04 AM

07-17-09, 10:06 AM

07-17-09, 12:28 PM

07-17-09, 04:47 PM

07-17-09, 04:50 PM

07-17-09, 04:59 PM

You're a busy boy here :)

Hard to believe you've got time for much else......

You might want to get out more, it'd do ya good I bet, help with the self-esteem and all :thumbsup: -hehehe

dkozloski
07-17-09, 06:10 PM
It all makes sense when you realize that the topic is attitude and he sure has one.

K STS
07-17-09, 06:27 PM
I check Cadillac forums all day at work, Im an online sales manager of a multi million dollar company =)

Lets see, 22 years old, I own my own house in one of the nicest communities in the area, I have a new STS, a 4 year college degree, a great job making $80,000 a year doing what I love.

Continue gooning along, you're making me smile. I bet you were flipping burgers 60 years ago when you were 22.

Do you still live in moms basement? That must suck.

WillySTS
07-17-09, 07:30 PM
I check Cadillac forums all day at work, Im an online sales manager of a multi million dollar company =)

Lets see, 22 years old, I own my own house in one of the nicest communities in the area, I have a new STS, a 4 year college degree, a great job making $80,000 a year doing what I love.

Continue gooning along, you're making me smile. I bet you were flipping burgers 60 years ago when you were 22.

:thehand:If I were you, Dude, I wouldn't go there...I bought my house 22 years ago, in a nice community, my house has a swimming pool, I make more money than you(and do not consider myself well off)without breaking a sweat, I was a Service Manager for 17 years and chose not to continue to be one, so that I can live out my years as a sane man,yadda,yadda,yadda,I could go on, but...all of that means nothing here and you shouldn't act like it does. :want:

We all come here to share ideas and experiences and even have a good time. But YOU...come in here and try to tell us we have attitudes and such,:confused: just because we don't rattle off at the mouth like you do. I come here to talk about cars, because even working in a dealership there are few that I can carry on in intelligent automotive enthusiasts conversation with. These forums allow me to learn something from others, with a similar car and allow me to share my knowledge and resources and hopfully help someone else. Hopefully, you feel the same.:rant2:You should probably calm down before your actions come under the scutinty of the Moderators of the board.:tisk:

dkozloski
07-17-09, 08:10 PM

When I was 22 I was doing depot level repair, final assembly, and final acceptance testing on surface to air guided missiles while in the U.S. Navy. Upon leaving the Navy I embarked on a 45 year career in aerospace electronics, aircraft overhaul, plant manager of a newspaper, and retired as facilities manager of a regional airline. My mother died in 1976. I'm a member of the Triple Nine Society. Do you qualify?

Force-1
07-17-09, 09:04 PM

http://static.zoovy.com/img/2bhip/-/L/li_62_who_gives_a_shit_lighter.jpg

When I was 22 I was serving my country, stationed at RAF Lakenheath UK, securing nuclear loaded bombers on alert to strike the USSR.

MacMuse
07-17-09, 09:32 PM
When I was 22 I was serving my country, stationed at RAF Lakenheath UK, securing nuclear loaded bombers on alert to strike the USSR.

Thank you (and all your fellow servicemen & women here).

Superjim
07-17-09, 09:52 PM
Nope...wasn't flipping burgers when I was 22.

When I was 22, I had just finished my tour in 'nam and been discharged from the United States Air Force.
Had a wife and 2 kids.

I am now the Senior Field Engineer (networks and servers) for the SW United States, for the 2nd largest bank in the US.

Come to think of it...I have never had a job flipping burgers.
Maybe I have been deprived of an enriching "LIFE EXPERIENCE"
Then again...maybe not. :D :D

Texas Jim

dkozloski
07-17-09, 10:38 PM
My dad died of cancer when I was sixteen so I had to go to work to help support the family. I didn't flip burgers but I worked in a machine shop after school. For a second job I got up at 2:00AM, went uptown, and swamped out a restaurant, then went back home, and got a few more hours sleep before school. I went to college for a couple of years, starved out, and joined the Navy.

K STS
07-18-09, 12:16 PM
Sounds like your all doing pretty well off - now just quit wasting your time complaining about messages boards you are members of.

Force-1
07-18-09, 01:35 PM
Sounds like your all doing pretty well off - now just quit wasting your time complaining about messages boards you are members of.

Does this look familiar?

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95767

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75797

ewill3rd
07-18-09, 02:37 PM
This particular forum always has some trolls looking for attention, but overall the community here is very strong and you'll get lots of good feedback and advice.
Just remember there will always be boneheads who have to run their mouths and try to decide what everyone should be doing.
This thread seems like a pretty good example.
Just try to take what you read with a grain of salt and don't let some of these knuckleheads get your goat.
;)

I don't need to brag about my position or stature. My life is pretty close to the way I'd like it to be.
I have two kids that I love dearly and a beautiful wife. We pull down enough money to pay our bills and take good care of our kids.
I get three squares and a nice house to live in, good friends and some really nice folks to talk to on the internet.
How much more could I ask for?
:cloud9:

EChas3
07-18-09, 04:15 PM
Well said, ewill3rd.

inurok
07-23-09, 06:42 AM

Oh please dont turn this thread into I am better than you crap. A huge penis wag thats what it it.

jimmbo
07-24-09, 02:27 AM
I know he sure made me feel welcome on my first posting

howd i know a guy with the user ID Jimbo would ask a question like this

The clown was not even able to spell my name correctly.

Oh well, I guess every forum has a Walking Talking Rectum

I wonder if his employer knows how much time he is stealing?

K STS
07-24-09, 08:39 AM
We deal in CTS, CTS-V, STS, STS-V, XLR, XLR-V, Escalade ESV and DTS.

So consider this paid forum browsing =)

Now shouldn't you be trying to fit 14 inch wheels on your STS?

tlac
07-24-09, 10:05 AM
I thank everyone for the insightful topics as well as the silly stuff. It's sure better than the junk reality shows on TV! I like to speak my mind, mostly because life is too short to hold it all in... but really, let's be civil and keep the personal attacks out of it. Anyway, if any of us were real big shooters we'd be on the Bently or Lamborghini forums! Keep it real.

I also recognize that I can't keep up with the old timers on offering helpful info, but my baby (month old STS) got tore up in a recent hail storm (quarter size for 15min)! If you ever need the roof repaired, just note that there is a headliner reinstallation kit from Cadillac. My Cadillac body shop said they've never seen anything like it (they've never done much work on the STS...my poor baby), and they said it looks like a safety feature. There are steel bars that go accross the roof, so don't be scared to flip your STS's over a few times.

turnerbend
07-24-09, 12:11 PM
We deal in CTS, CTS-V, STS, STS-V, XLR, XLR-V, Escalade ESV and DTS.

So consider this paid forum browsing =)

Now shouldn't you be trying to fit 14 inch wheels on your STS?

K-STS You should thank your dad or some other close relative for giving you a good job to start your career, don't blow it.

K STS
07-24-09, 12:43 PM
Close relative giving me a good job? I have a college degree and a MBA.

silver2kws6
07-24-09, 12:55 PM
quit being emo.. its a car forum dude.

dkozloski
07-24-09, 03:29 PM
Sorry about the MBA. If you keep your nose clean, after seven years they might expunge it from your record for you.

jimmbo
07-24-09, 03:34 PM

Ooooh. I guess that means everybody else has to be awed by your presence?

BTW what does MBA mean? ... Miserable Bastard Attitude?

K STS
07-24-09, 04:17 PM
Master of Business Administration ;-)

Force-1
07-24-09, 07:55 PM
>>>BIO<<< (http://www.linkedin.com/in/jkacz)

K STS
07-25-09, 09:02 AM
Wow dude, you're really a creepy stalker. But yeah.

Force-1
07-25-09, 09:36 AM
Wow dude, you're really a creepy stalker. But yeah.

Just took an interest in you when I noted your posts, and how some things about you don't add up, such as you say you're 22 or 23, depending on the post, and your STS is a 2006 or 2007, again depending on your post and profile. What really got me interested was other forums accusing you of being a scammer, and ripping people off.

Not a stalker. Military policeman for 22 years (including investigations), federal investigator for Defense Security Service, and manage sensitive security programs critical to national security. It's what I do. :)

turnerbend
07-25-09, 10:08 AM

Well thank you Mom or Dad. I don't thank you could have done it alone.

dkozloski
07-26-09, 01:36 AM
This clown "K" is a real piece of work.

jimmbo
07-26-09, 02:43 AM
This clown "K" is a real piece of work.

He feels he is a "self made man".... That certainly explains the lousy assembly job

K STS
07-26-09, 03:15 AM
lol... $80,000 a year job i love, single white male. New cadillac Sts. sexy ass girls. own my own house, dont know how things can get much better. 60 year old men hating on cadillacforums, pathetic. go to sleep dude.

http://www.facebook.com/kaczman

Boombotz
07-26-09, 03:34 AM
Keep it up with the personal attacks, and I start issuing infractions and ban's. :rules:
There's your warning.