: Recommend a Vinyl roof dressing??

bmwnick
07-15-09, 05:53 AM
What's the best dressing for vinyl roofs. I made the dumb mistake of using a liquid Armor All type product that just left drippy streaks all over the whole car as soon as moisture hit the roof. I used to use a great product from Turtle Wax that was a hard wax that came with a foam type applicator on the lid. Is anything like that still around?? I can't find anything.

cadillac_al
07-15-09, 08:11 AM
I'd like to know too. I have one that needs to be peeled off but I would like to condition it for a couple more years.

Stingroo
07-15-09, 02:29 PM
Likewise. My top is in decent shape, just dirty.

Honestly I'd like the car without it though, just I probably can't afford that. Plus it would be a waste of a good top.

Hope somebody knows.

jdmrrs
07-15-09, 03:47 PM
Raggtop products, both the cleaner and dressing, are outstanding. First recommended to me in this fourm.

96Fleetwood
07-15-09, 03:51 PM
I use the 3M Duragloss #301 dressing/conditioner. It is the only product that does not leave a nasty/slimy shine.

Beverly Stayart
07-15-09, 04:09 PM
Thanks to everyone for these recommendations. This narrows the field to which products are the best.

sven914
07-15-09, 04:37 PM
I use Murphy's Oil Soap on all of my leather and vinyl surfaces. It is advertised mostly as a wood cleaner, but has found use as a protestant for leather as well.

eHow.com (http://www.ehow.com/how_2300008_clean-leather-oil.html) has an article that details the proper methods on cleaning with oil soap.

Stingroo
07-15-09, 07:15 PM
So that's all you do to your leather sven? Even the interior stuff too?

Bro-Ham
07-15-09, 07:38 PM
Hi, Try 303 - - google it to learn more. It's true sunscreen for your car and leaves the vinyl protected from the sun and there is no sticky film. 303 also makes a cleaner for vinyl tops that works great. E-mail them with questions and you will be amazed at the prompt and informative responses you will receive. I think they're the best products you can use on cars and work great on boats too. Hope you're still having the time of your life with your fun car! Dave

Bro-Ham
07-15-09, 07:39 PM
I should also say 303 can be used on leather too. Leatherique is also superb yet time consuming to apply although worth it. :)

MT-ED
07-15-09, 08:01 PM
Yes, I'd recommend 303 too.

Martin.

sven914
07-15-09, 10:34 PM
So that's all you do to your leather Sven? Even the interior stuff too?

Yeah, only I don't dilute it in water. I just use a damp rag and pour about a half cup on the top or dab the corner of the rag with oil soap for cleaning the interior or rubber molding along the sides of the car. It gives you a shine like Armor All, but without the side-affects, and the oil soap conditions the leather.

Stingroo
07-15-09, 10:43 PM
Might be something I'll have to try this weekend. I have a bottle of the soap since our kitchen has wood floors. You use it for the top and the interior?

sven914
07-15-09, 11:10 PM
Might be something I'll have to try this weekend. I have a bottle of the soap since our kitchen has wood floors. You use it for the top and the interior?

It goes on everything Armor All can. I even put it on the tires when I run out of expired brake fluid. Just be careful around the gauge cluster, windows, and radio, because it drips if there is too much on the rag.