: Anyone using NOS in their STS V

kasimmy
07-15-09, 01:08 AM
Has anyone done any experimenting with NOS on their STS V? If so I'd like to hear about the hows and what happened.

inurok
07-15-09, 11:13 AM
Has anyone done any experimenting with NOS on their STS V? If so I'd like to hear about the hows and what happened.

I read on a few forums that NOS and Northstar Blocks don't mix too well. I know the older engines would pop engine bolts etc. not sure about the new 4.4 but it was true for the 4.0 & 4.6

WillySTS
07-15-09, 01:48 PM
I read on a few forums that NOS and Northstar Blocks don't mix too well. I know the older engines would pop engine bolts etc. not sure about the new 4.4 but it was true for the 4.0 & 4.6

You read right...I was surprised when they put a supercharger on it.

Berger 93
07-15-09, 02:20 PM
All I can say is why? . . . 469 hp is not enough in a Luxury Sedan? . . . This is a Cadillac, not your typical drag racer . . .

inurok
07-15-09, 02:57 PM
All I can say is why? . . . 469 hp is not enough in a Luxury Sedan? . . . This is a Cadillac, not your typical drag racer . . .

Once you get used to a certain amount of power it begins to feel slow I guess. My sts-v is quick but not as quick i I remember the first day of owning it lol.

Powers like money you can never have enough....

CIWS
07-15-09, 03:01 PM
Once you get used to a certain amount of power it begins to feel slow I guess. My sts-v is quick but not as quick i I remember the first day of owning it lol.

Go drive a Chevy Impala for a week, then get back in the V. :D

I'm still stuck in the loaner CTS with no idea when my car will be fixed. The downside of owning a car like this is finding someone who can work on it and not frack something up in the process.

inurok
07-15-09, 03:09 PM
Go drive a Chevy Impala for a week, then get back in the V. :D

I'm still stuck in the loaner CTS with no idea when my car will be fixed. The downside of owning a car like this is finding someone who can work on it and not frack something up in the process.

Yeah I feel you I had a 09 CTS loaner for 3 weeks and though a nice car I really wanted my STS-V back.

kasimmy
07-15-09, 03:12 PM
Its hard to find anyone makes you feel safe with while they work on a car like this. I only ask about the NOS because I was driving the other day and had a run in with a guy in a G8, and I lost. It made me sick to my stomach, I went straight to the local parts store and started asking about mods, turns out the same G8 shops there too and the sneeky guy had a remote bottle. I cant let some chump in a pontiac beat me like that!!!

Florian
07-15-09, 06:12 PM
Its hard to find anyone makes you feel safe with while they work on a car like this. I only ask about the NOS because I was driving the other day and had a run in with a guy in a G8, and I lost. It made me sick to my stomach, I went straight to the local parts store and started asking about mods, turns out the same G8 shops there too and the sneeky guy had a remote bottle. I cant let some chump in a pontiac beat me like that!!!

Put an LS3 with a bottle in your V and run him again....Our Vs are not good modding platforms. Couple the weight with the shitty rear and less than stellar N* and you get what we have. Im looking into an LSx block coupled to our 6L80 tranny and viper rear set up....should have some answers by fall....maybe do the project over the winter. Id love to have 700RWHP in this car....that would be the poo.

F

inurok
07-15-09, 06:50 PM
Yeah I saw a supercharged G8 and its was almost a sexual experience when I saw it take off. I raced a IS350 the other day and it was so close that I no longer feel I have a quick car :crying:

WillySTS
07-15-09, 08:21 PM
Yeah I saw a supercharged G8 and its was almost a sexual experience when I saw it take off. :crying:

You can buy one, ya know...it's called a Firehawk...550 hp.

®
T h e L e g e n d L i v e s O n . . .
2 0 0 9
Motor City
Muscle is Back!
World Class Performance,

®

The Heart and Soul of Firehawk is our 1900

Series TVS, high-output supercharger (black

finish). This is the same technology offered

in the new ZR 1 Corvette supercharger.

It safely provides 7 PSI of boost, creating

stump-pulling torque and neck breaking

acceleration. It increases the power and

torque of the stock L76 6.0L V8 engine at

the flywheel from 361 HP to 500 HP and

385 ft-lbs to 489 ft-lbs of torque. Firehawk

Supercharger package is emissions-legal in

all 50 states.

Bridgestone Potenza

RE050A

Car 0-60 1/4 Mile Horsepower Curb Weight Price as Tested Source

SLP Firehawk G8 4.3 12.6 @ 115.0

500 4015 $50,995* Car & Driver

BMW M3 Sedan 4.6 13.0 @ 110.4 414 3585 $59,050 Road & Track

option delete.

Flat Black Painted Hood

All Firehawk G8 Appearance

0-60 mph in 4.3 sconds!

1/4 mile in 12.6 seconds at 115 mph!

Car & Driver Test Results (12/08)

Printed in USA. Copyright 2009 SLP Performance Parts, Inc., Toms River NJ USA.

PowerFlo, SLP, and Blackwing are trademarks of SLP Performance Parts, Inc., all rights reserved. Pontiac and G8 and their respective logos and emblems are trademarks and/or service marks of General Motors Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliates or

licensors. Firehawk is a registered trademark of Bridgestone-Firestone, used with permission. SLP reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice, to colors, materials, part specifications, availability, and pricing.

“Firehawk Out-Performed European

Exotics Costing More than Twice as Much,

Making it a Great Performance Value!”...

WillySTS
07-15-09, 08:24 PM
Aw!!! It didn't work...I was trying to put the Firehawk brochure in there. Oh, well...if you run up against THIS Pontiac you WILL be BEATEN...GOIN' AND COMIN"!

nlharter
07-15-09, 09:49 PM
My car will start to fell slow to, and then I drive my lifted Avalanche for a few days. I never realized how much of a dog it was.

inurok
07-15-09, 10:01 PM
^ yeah I drive my towncar for a few days and the STS-V feels like a rocket again lol

mfrazstsv
07-17-09, 06:57 AM
Florian
Would love to have more details on your project of engine and rear end transplants.

Florian
07-17-09, 09:29 AM
Florian
Would love to have more details on your project of engine and rear end transplants.

We're still just talking about things....

F

leija_01
07-21-09, 03:44 AM
sounds like a headache.