: PICTURES of an Almost Ready to Run CTS-V COUPE!!!

cmicasa
07-14-09, 09:45 PM
http://www.leftlanenews.com/cadillac-cts-v-coupe.html

mik2718
07-14-09, 11:16 PM
Still hate the center-mounted exhaust outlets.

jasaero
07-14-09, 11:31 PM
Now lets get the V Wagon development going already! That's the ONLY V2 I will consider unless I just buy a used one.

Florian
07-15-09, 12:11 AM
no V wagon...

F

dvandentop
07-15-09, 12:28 AM
wow why even try to camouflage it???

V-Eight
07-15-09, 01:01 AM
Still hate the center-mounted exhaust outlets.

Me too

neuronbob
07-15-09, 01:13 AM
Wow, that looks really good. That's gunna be one fast puppy if it uses the same engine as our sedans.

CIWS
07-15-09, 07:01 AM
wow why even try to camouflage it???

Because it's still a couple of years away.

chopmeat
07-15-09, 08:39 AM
I'm not sure, but I think it looks kind of odd???

Florian
07-15-09, 09:26 AM
those tips are all you sedan guys will be seeing of it....

F

mik2718
07-15-09, 10:25 AM
I suppose that while sitting in the driver's seat, with a huge smile plastered all over your face, you don't actually have to see those exhaust tips, yourself.

Stingray23
07-15-09, 11:13 AM
Its gonna look great. I'm sure theres gonna be a lot of guys trading in their sedans for it. guaranteed.

Cub Cadet
07-15-09, 10:17 PM
Why do you think it will be faster?

Also, the one comment on the forum there is right on... looks like the old Daytona!

http://www.uncannydodge.com/BAoR/DaytonaRT.gif

http://www.jeremylawson.com/86Daytona/Daytona2.jpg

http://autodata.ibsrv.net/images/?IMG=U3DOGEB1.jpg&WIDTH=425

Lynardskynard
07-15-09, 10:23 PM
For the same reason silver is faster than black. Doesn't seem right does it.:thepan:

RapidRob
07-15-09, 10:28 PM

Less weight perhaps ... ?:rolleyes:

Rob

Cub Cadet
07-15-09, 10:43 PM
I think someone verified that it will actually weigh very near what the 4 door weighs today. I saw that the last time the coupe was brought up.

Lynardskynard
07-15-09, 11:27 PM
The weight factor between the coupe and the four door will be negligible. Maybe 100# or so, and won't much matter. The difference would be two extra sets of hinges, entrance / exit hardware, and glass hardware. Not much there, at least not enough to make the coupe smoke the sedan, but its a nice thought.

Krug Ford
07-15-09, 11:30 PM
the latest photo was taken in front of the Dairy Queen in Milford across from Bakers on Milford Road. They have cars shows there every Sunday in the summer...

I have seen them in person and I like the rear of the vehicle. Very nice. Performance will be on par with the ZR1 I'm hearing because of the loss in weight..

CADYSHAK
07-15-09, 11:42 PM
I have seen them in person and I like the rear of the vehicle. Very nice. Performance will be on par with the ZR1 I'm hearing because of the loss in weight..

NEVER ,NEVER ,NEVER... will the CTS-V coupe be close in performance to a vette ZR-1 !!! Get serious here .

The weight of a ZR-1 is around 3350 pounds and has 638 HP / 620 TQ - DUH !

cmicasa
07-15-09, 11:53 PM

Production starts next summer. Meaning next year around this time.:confused:

JD03Cobra
07-16-09, 10:24 AM

Article says production starts summer of 2010.

Krug Ford
07-16-09, 02:06 PM
We will have to wait and see. i heard the auto will be faster becuase they can take less torque management out since it will be lighter and have better persormance. I am hearing from the tests 0to 60 will be 4/10s quicker 0 to 60 and that is fro one of the guys driving one now

NEVER ,NEVER ,NEVER... will the CTS-V coupe be close in performance to a vette ZR-1 !!! Get serious here .

The weight of a ZR-1 is around 3350 pounds and has 638 HP / 620 TQ - DUH !

chopmeat
07-16-09, 02:10 PM
I wonder how big the car is?
It looks exactly the same but just with 2 rear doors deleted and a funny looking side rear window?
It may weigh the same...

thebigjimsho
07-16-09, 02:39 PM
the latest photo was taken in front of the Dairy Queen in Milford across from Bakers on Milford Road. They have cars shows there every Sunday in the summer...

One of GMPD's engineers told me and OldRoadDawg directly at the Cadillac Driving Lab event that the coupe will way almost the same weight as the sedan. And it's down almost 100hp to the ZR1...

tblack
07-16-09, 05:02 PM
I am hearing from the tests 0to 60 will be 4/10s quicker 0 to 60 and that is fro one of the guys driving one now

4/10s quicker! That seems a little far fetched Scotty. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt because of what you've done for this forum. ;)

I'm already buying one but if that is true I'm VERY excited. If I didn't live in Canada I'd be buying one from you, Scott.

thebigjimsho
07-17-09, 12:27 AM
A 3.5 second 0-60 time? Nope, don't believe it...

V-Love
07-17-09, 12:55 AM
I thought Lutz was out!?

tblack
07-17-09, 12:57 AM
I thought Lutz was out!?

He was, but he kinda "un"retired and came back to the company

liqidvenom
07-17-09, 10:26 PM
this would prob be my next car

at1oly
07-18-09, 12:06 AM
I thought that the scenery looked familiar, go there when I go to Baker's.

V-Eight
07-18-09, 01:11 AM

You kidding? You saying that a car the size of the V and a 2 seater carbon fiber car will be in the same category? On par with the Z06, maybe

CVP33
07-18-09, 09:56 AM
I like what foose did with the XLR's exhaust for the SEMA car as he incorporated them into the lines of the car. Other than that I pretty much hate all center exit exhaust systems.

http://www.lundcadillac.com/Images/custom_XLR_blksilver4.jpg

V-Eight
07-18-09, 10:33 AM
I like it on the Vette, but that's not totally centered.

AuPanda
07-18-09, 11:02 AM
Ugly SUV looking back end.

thebigjimsho
07-18-09, 01:43 PM
The car looks stunning in person and will CERTAINLY draw massive amounts of attention...

CVP33
07-18-09, 04:40 PM
http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/cadillac-cts-coupe-010.jpg

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-18-09, 04:47 PM
I wonder if they will offer a Coupe V color option. Maybe the addition or Vette yellow.... I am not good with photo chop anyone able to turn a stock picture of a coupe yellow? You know something different than the sea of black silver and grey cars out there. The burnt orange of the Vette is a nice color..

mik2718
07-18-09, 05:20 PM
There are a few Vs that aren't part of the "sea of black silver and grey cars out there."

I'd like to see a red coupe -- "redder" than crystal red.

V-Eight
07-18-09, 06:39 PM
Like Corvette Red?

mik2718
07-18-09, 07:11 PM
Or the G8 GXP Liquid Red.

V-Eight
07-18-09, 09:25 PM
^ Yeah, that's nice too.

gravedigger
07-19-09, 12:12 AM
Now I own a 09 CTS-V and it is the best car I have owned and this is just my .02 and not worth .01 but the CTS-V has become a future legend sedan, why alter it? This car would more than likey be priced higher than the CTS-V sedan we all know, and if you can afford an upwards of$80,000 coupe then why not purchase a ZR-1? I know I made the purchase because us owners have the fastest sedan with the ability for adding the most power for our money. Us car enthusiastes tend to purchase the best car in class that we can afford. Who thinks this would be the best coupe we can buy for the money? I can think of a few more. The coupe is a different category and even a Z06 would be in more demand. I have a long line GM employees in my family and even a couple executives but I believe GM is cutting there throats on an already close to perfect automobile.
Like I said I am proud owner of a 2009 CTS-V and have only owned GM my hole life, but is this vehicle gonna help them get out of the delima they are in and be a big seller???

V-Eight
07-19-09, 01:32 AM
^ Maybe they want seating for 5?

marktanner
07-19-09, 11:48 AM
A V coupe would have very little competition. Basically the M3 and M6, Audi S5, MB CL63 and 65 (CLK cancelled, and no E coupe AMG planned), Maserati Gran Turismo, and Ferrari 612, maybe Jag XKR. Unlike the wagon, there is an established, though small, market for high performance coupes. The V's unique combination of looks, size, performance, and price would make it an able competitor for little outlay and risk, and should only increase sales. The wagon would too, but I don't think as much as the coupe in this country. Plus, it would make a great halo car.

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-19-09, 04:36 PM
Now I own a 09 CTS-V and it is the best car I have owned and this is just my .02 and not worth .01 but the CTS-V has become a future legend sedan, why alter it? This car would more than likey be priced higher than the CTS-V sedan we all know, and if you can afford an upwards of$80,000 coupe then why not purchase a ZR-1? I know I made the purchase because us owners have the fastest sedan with the ability for adding the most power for our money. Us car enthusiastes tend to purchase the best car in class that we can afford. Who thinks this would be the best coupe we can buy for the money? I can think of a few more. The coupe is a different category and even a Z06 would be in more demand. I have a long line GM employees in my family and even a couple executives but I believe GM is cutting there throats on an already close to perfect automobile.
Like I said I am proud owner of a 2009 CTS-V and have only owned GM my hole life, but is this vehicle gonna help them get out of the delima they are in and be a big seller???Maybe because I already own a STS-V and a GMC Denali.. A Z06 or ZR-1 is a good option but only seats 2. Soooo a V-Coupe has similar performance but can seat 4 easilly if needed. Besides they really would cut their own necks at $80k... I highly doubt a coupe would cost $25k more than your sedan:cookoo:

tblack
07-19-09, 06:26 PM
If there is a considerable savings in weight and with the trusty 6.2L LSA, would there be anything with a usable back seat under $80k faster and more capable than a V coupe?

I can't think of anything......

mik2718
07-19-09, 07:35 PM
Will there really be a considerable weight reduction for the coupe? Does it have overall smaller dimensions, or is it a case of trading four small doors for two big ones and modifying the roof line?

tblack
07-19-09, 10:19 PM
Good question. I'm really hoping so.

Two less doors meaning less hardware (window electronics, handles, lock actuators etc.) and two less windows should save a fairly significant amount of weight. I don't know if the car is any shorter but if it is then it should be even lighter. I do wish Cadillac would use some more exotic materials to save weight but that has never been GM's forte, plus it would get too expensive if it did.

marktanner
07-19-09, 10:22 PM
Most coupes weigh only a bit less than their respective sedans, 50-100 lb at the most. For instance, that steeply raked back window, while not possessed of great visibility, will be very large and heavy, reducing the advantage of less hardware for two fewer doors and window lifts. The seats are heavier, too, to accommodate folding for entry/exit to the rear, too. I wouldn't expect a huge performance gain.

As far as price, unless there is a dramatic interior upgrade, I wouldn't expect a big price premium, either. Coupes used to be cheaper than sedans, because of less hardware, and parts in general. The M3 coupe is a bit more expensive than the sedan, but it has a carbon fiber roof. That's the only other car that has relatively equivalent coupes and sedans that I can think of. It wouldn't be smart to price it really high, IMHO.

thebigjimsho
07-19-09, 11:53 PM
Most coupes weigh only a bit less than their respective sedans, 50-100 lb at the most. For instance, that steeply raked back window, while not possessed of great visibility, will be very large and heavy, reducing the advantage of less hardware for two fewer doors and window lifts. The seats are heavier, too, to accommodate folding for entry/exit to the rear, too. I wouldn't expect a huge performance gain.

As far as price, unless there is a dramatic interior upgrade, I wouldn't expect a big price premium, either. Coupes used to be cheaper than sedans, because of less hardware, and parts in general. The M3 coupe is a bit more expensive than the sedan, but it has a carbon fiber roof. That's the only other car that has relatively equivalent coupes and sedans that I can think of. It wouldn't be smart to price it really high, IMHO.
Thank you. Most coupes weigh about the same as their sedan counterparts. On just about any example.

GM engineers, who I have talked to personally at different Cadillac events, all have said the coupe will weigh about the same as the sedan. It's been said in this thread. No need to search.

liqidvenom
07-19-09, 11:58 PM
A V coupe would have very little competition. Basically the M3 and M6, Audi S5, MB CL63 and 65 (CLK cancelled, and no E coupe AMG planned), Maserati Gran Turismo, and Ferrari 612, maybe Jag XKR. Unlike the wagon, there is an established, though small, market for high performance coupes. The V's unique combination of looks, size, performance, and price would make it an able competitor for little outlay and risk, and should only increase sales. The wagon would too, but I don't think as much as the coupe in this country. Plus, it would make a great halo car.

i was with you until u mentioned the gran turismo and the 612. no caddy will be cross shopped with those no matter how fast the v coupe would be. even the xlr couldnt get mentioned in the same breath as those vehicles.

liqidvenom
07-20-09, 12:00 AM
Thank you. Most coupes weigh about the same as their sedan counterparts. On just about any example.

GM engineers, who I have talked to personally at different Cadillac events, all have said the coupe will weigh about the same as the sedan. It's been said in this thread. No need to search.

yeah if they share the same wheel base and similar mechanical bits odds are its gonna weigh in nearly the same. even with a cf roof or what not it would still be close to the same weight

marktanner
07-20-09, 12:21 AM
I tried to mention every high performance premium four passenger coupe on the market, to show how small the market is. Of course no one will cross shop the V with the Ferrari, though wait a few years and the value of the ugliest Ferrari in years will probably approach the price of a new V. Similarly, resale on Maseratis is so bad that used ones can be cross shopped as well. There is a year old Maserati Quattroporte GTS with 5000 miles on it locally that is listed for $90K, but will probably sell for $75K, and my friend is cross shopping that car with a new V. Used MB CL 63 and 65s are going for cheap, too, as well as M6s.

My real point is that a V coupe would be unique, and really would have no direct competition, based on performance, size, and value.

gravedigger
07-20-09, 12:53 AM
The weight between sedan/coupe will be very close. I just dont see this vehicle having much demand, this is just my opinion and I am more than likely wrong, but why not change some suspension componets and put the 6.2L LSA in a camaro and go after the Shelby GT500 and possibly GTR.
Regardless I am sure it will be a great car.

marktanner
07-20-09, 01:43 AM
Gravedigger, that was supposed to be the Camaro Z28, which unfortunately has been canceled. Could have been a great car, and faster than the Shelby.

V-Eight
07-20-09, 10:41 AM
i was with you until u mentioned the gran turismo and the 612. no caddy will be cross shopped with those no matter how fast the v coupe would be. even the xlr couldnt get mentioned in the same breath as those vehicles.

The XLR is a joke, its twice as expensive and half as fast as a Vette

thebigjimsho
07-20-09, 11:51 AM
Gravedigger, that was supposed to be the Camaro Z28, which unfortunately has been canceled. Could have been a great car, and faster than the Shelby.
The SS is almost faster than a Shelby...

liqidvenom
07-20-09, 12:26 PM
The weight between sedan/coupe will be very close. I just dont see this vehicle having much demand, this is just my opinion and I am more than likely wrong, but why not change some suspension componets and put the 6.2L LSA in a camaro and go after the Shelby GT500 and possibly GTR.
Regardless I am sure it will be a great car.

with nearly 4k to lug around a 5th gen camaro isnt going after a gtr even with a lsa in it.the gtr is a solid 11 sec car, i dont see a lsa camaro even being faster then a z06

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-20-09, 03:06 PM
Regardless I am sure it will be a great car.in that mindset why make a ZR-1? Just buy a Z06 and maggie or turbo it.

Florian
07-20-09, 03:35 PM
how about a factory five w/LS7? Better times (less opulance) for less dough.

F

Razorecko
07-20-09, 05:50 PM
luxury cars like the cl65 might be going for cheap BUT they have 0 maintenance warranty AND YOU CANNOT get aftermarket warranty easily for them AND def not from MB. Not too mention the hourly labor rates are nearly DOUBLE for work on a v12 bi-turbo than they are for a general mb. Expect these mb's quickly waste away to garbage as the owners that buy them cannon maintain them properly and do whatever it takes to keep them running on the cheap.

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-20-09, 07:30 PM

Also, the one comment on the forum there is right on... looks like the old Daytona!

http://www.uncannydodge.com/BAoR/DaytonaRT.gif

http://www.jeremylawson.com/86Daytona/Daytona2.jpg

http://autodata.ibsrv.net/images/?IMG=U3DOGEB1.jpg&WIDTH=425
I don't think any of those look even remotely close to this.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc213/littleelvisdan/coupe.jpg

thebigjimsho
07-20-09, 07:43 PM

F
Tis what I would do. You break it, no biggie...

gravedigger
07-20-09, 11:08 PM
Well I am not a fan of the Shelby at all but I hate to say that the SS is not near as fast. The testers of the car cant get full throttle till 2nd gear in the Shelby so the 0-60 is close but when you say "the SS is almost faster" what is fast? I dont think its much of a competition at a drag strip, from a roll etc. We are talking completely stock cars to stock right? I have seen stock Z06's run low 11's with drag radials, an LSA in a Camaro would not be quit as fast but faster than a V coupe not to mention higher in demand for aftermarket parts do to price points. I could go on and on about this. "This car is faster than that, but if you do this to that car it would beat it" and so on. Fact is that GM is killing the legacy of the CTS-V sedan and would have more sales with a faster less expensive car.

thebigjimsho
07-20-09, 11:52 PM
Well I am not a fan of the Shelby at all but I hate to say that the SS is not near as fast. The testers of the car cant get full throttle till 2nd gear in the Shelby so the 0-60 is close but when you say "the SS is almost faster" what is fast? I dont think its much of a competition at a drag strip, from a roll etc. We are talking completely stock cars to stock right? I have seen stock Z06's run low 11's with drag radials, an LSA in a Camaro would not be quit as fast but faster than a V coupe not to mention higher in demand for aftermarket parts do to price points. I could go on and on about this. "This car is faster than that, but if you do this to that car it would beat it" and so on. Fact is that GM is killing the legacy of the CTS-V sedan and would have more sales with a faster less expensive car.
Please. The Shelby is a front heavy pig that can't handle a turn if it had a handle. the SS is almost as fast in a straight line and handles better. Nevermind it's $10G cheaper...

marktanner
07-21-09, 12:40 AM
The V is already faster than the Shelby, so a Z28 would be faster still, not to mention what happens when you turn the wheel or hit a bump. The Camaro would have nowhere near the quality and luxury of a V coupe, though, and I doubt they would be cross shopped. The V is still a unique proposition, IMO.

Razorecko, you are correct that people who buy used bargain luxury cars tend to skimp on maintenance and repairs, especially when they find out what it costs. That doesn't seem to stop them from buying, though, and they do cross shop new cars, too.

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-21-09, 05:26 PM
In the pictures it looks like the wheel base is shorter in the coupe. Does anyone know if the production is the exact same wheelbase or is it going to be shortened? Does anyone really know the true answer? Sure you can elongate the front door a little but to make it 2 doors long including a pillar width? Thats a freekin long ass coupe front door..

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-21-09, 05:33 PM
Do you really sit this close the the back tire in a sedan?

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc213/littleelvisdan/CTS-VCoupe.jpg

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-21-09, 05:35 PM
Those front seats look to be right at where the door closes... Anyone seen a real one know..? A few say they have seen one in real life what say you?

lasstss
07-26-09, 09:53 AM

F
Florian, any new news here on the 2011 coupe. I may be back in if the job holds up and they make a V version. THis could be king of the hill.:stirpot: