: Hid Brights and fogs on at the same time

mparrish91
07-14-09, 09:00 PM
Has anyone got there brights and fogs to run at the same time. I would like to run this setup when it is very dark and there are few cars around to enhance visibility. I have seen a few kits such as bull dog that do these.

sfv41901
07-15-09, 04:52 PM
You can use the kits. All they are is just a relay that uses the high beam to triger the fog light to turn/stay on. You can also use a dioed between the high beam & fog relays in the fuse box under the hood. Pretty simple mood

GCOP
07-15-09, 06:21 PM
You can do it 2 ways. On ewould be to use the parking light trigger for your fogs, this would keep them on with the hi beams, it would also allow you to drive with parking lights and fogs only. The down side is, you would always have the fogs on, if the parking lights were on, or standard headlights. This is how I have mine, in all 3 of my vehicles, and not once have I ever needed to turn off the fogs :)

The other way is to use a relay to back feed the headlight signak to the fogs, keeping them on. www.hidhouston.com has the REVO harness that will do this.

Here is the relay pin out, if you want to DIY. If you are not running a relay harness for the fogs, you can simply run term. 30 to EACH positive side of each of the HID fogs.

87 to 12 volts constant

85 to ground

86 to the OEM headlight harness high beam wire

30 to the HID trigger

BETCHA618
07-18-09, 11:46 AM
You can do it 2 ways. On ewould be to use the parking light trigger for your fogs, this would keep them on with the hi beams, it would also allow you to drive with parking lights and fogs only. The down side is, you would always have the fogs on, if the parking lights were on, or standard headlights. This is how I have mine, in all 3 of my vehicles, and not once have I ever needed to turn off the fogs :)

Thats not completely true. If you wire it correctly you can maintain your fog light switch function and still be able to leave them on with the high beams.

BTW, my fogs can be on with my parking lights and no headlights with no modifications, don't know if the '06's are different from earlier years.

GCOP
07-18-09, 01:41 PM
please post the "correct" way......I'm always interested in alternatives.....are you talking about doing with a diode?

BETCHA618
07-21-09, 09:07 AM
I'll try to find the wiring diagram i used last time. I know when i was done I could have my high/low/fogs on all at the same time, and could have the fogs on with just the marker lights. and I could still shut the fogs off with the switch.