: What type of wheels are these?

ocmdiaz714
07-14-09, 08:01 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/14idgfn.jpg

Bro-Ham
07-14-09, 11:53 PM
Hi, I have seen that style of wheel a few times before. They are probably from E&G Classics - - I would guess the roof treatment is also E&G. Dave

Stingroo
07-15-09, 01:40 AM
Not fond of the roof treatment. I would either keep the whole top, or scrap it all.

I wonder how much it would cost to remove the vinyl top.

EDIT: E&G Classics doesn't carry wheels on their website. And the only FWB accessory they have is a grille. So the top isn't from them either.

ocmdiaz714
07-15-09, 01:42 AM
Not fond of the roof treatment. I would either keep the whole top, or scrap it all.

Every time I post a picture of it people have comments on the roof. I really didn't know it was "different" lol. I like it since I don't see many of those around but would trade it anyday for an E&G carriage top. I bought the car but it didn't come with those wheels. I once read they were "octavos" or something like that.

Stingroo
07-15-09, 02:27 AM
The roof isn't too bad. It's tasteful, but not my thing. :P It's cool for a unique factor though.

Where did you get those wheels?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-15-09, 02:41 AM
E&G has never really gotten into the carriage top/wheel market. They stick to cheap, tacky and blingy add ons like those ugly ass grilles they make and the continental kits.

My guess is they are Vogue wheels. You see them every now and then on Fleetwoods. If that pans out, they are very rare and very expensive. Vogue is also known for making full kits like this that come with a roof and wheels.

ocmdiaz714
07-15-09, 02:48 AM
The roof isn't too bad. It's tasteful, but not my thing. :P It's cool for a unique factor though.

Where did you get those wheels?

I actually bought the Cadillac off craiglist but it came with the stock wheels not the ones in the picture.

Stingroo
07-15-09, 09:18 AM
If it came with stock wheels, where did you acquire the ones that are on it now? Craigslist too? (that site is awesome for stuff like this)

csbuckn
07-15-09, 09:43 AM
I would think the top and wheels were a factory option for cars that were meant to be limos or executive cars, something like that. Kinda like those lincolns you see around. But didnt the regular 93-96 broughams come with rims that were very simular?

Now that I think about it. If it were a limo or some kind of executive car, Cadillac may have vendored the car out to an outside company to make the special top and wheels. Does it have any other non-stock options?

ocmdiaz714
07-15-09, 06:45 PM
If it came with stock wheels, where did you acquire the ones that are on it now? Craigslist too? (that site is awesome for stuff like this)

The picture I posted is actually the craiglist picture, lol sorry for making it confusing. I don't have the wheels and want to buy them now. :banghead:

csbuckn
07-15-09, 08:35 PM
Do you think the dealer could look it up by VIN and give you some more info?

Stingroo
07-15-09, 09:25 PM
Oh so it had those wheels, but for extra, and you decided not to go for it?

Gotcha.

Yeah, I like those wheels and tires much more than the stock. Gorgeous looking.

ocmdiaz714
07-15-09, 10:11 PM
Oh so it had those wheels, but for extra, and you decided not to go for it?

Gotcha.

Yeah, I like those wheels and tires much more than the stock. Gorgeous looking.

Actually he posted that picture in a craiglist topic. When I bought the car it came with the original wheels and original tires but I didn't mention anything. Just today I asked why that was and he said that the ones in the picture are Vogue but they were in bad shape being why he didn't give them to me. :cool: I found these in the wheels forum: They're almost identical.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv162/Assinaise/Caddy2-1.jpg

creeker
07-15-09, 10:44 PM
I would think the top and wheels were a factory option for cars that were meant to be limos or executive cars, something like that. Kinda like those lincolns you see around. But didnt the regular 93-96 broughams come with rims that were very simular?

Now that I think about it. If it were a limo or some kind of executive car, Cadillac may have vendored the car out to an outside company to make the special top and wheels. Does it have any other non-stock options?

I think your right,I bought a base 92 eldo. about 6 years ago (have since sold it) I am sure those are the same rims it had, being the base it probably was an option, 2 of the rims were in bad shape and I hunted high and low trying to get a match to replace them,no luck,the unique thing about them (which shows up in pic.) is that they required a special key to get the center cap off,note black dot on edge of center cap for the key.

kcclark
07-25-09, 01:55 AM
I believe the first wheels you posted are Vogue Octavo. 2nd wheel looks like a Vogue but I cannot identify it.

KC

DopeStar 156
07-25-09, 08:18 AM

What's a pack of razor blades and a scraper go for these days? Haha.....

Stingroo
07-25-09, 10:16 AM
What's a pack of razor blades and a scraper go for these days? Haha.....

I always thought that you had to paint the roof below the top too. My top is still in good shape, I just know that over time it WILL turn to crap thanks to Florida.

CTSV OWNER
08-24-09, 10:27 AM
The wheel is a Vogue, it was a $1,700 option

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=477&pictureid=4515