Stock V wheel... anyone?

benjet
07-21-04, 01:39 AM
Try... 9595354

Let me know if this is correct.

-Ben

lasstss
07-22-04, 01:01 AM
Its possible that there is a 4 wheel kit available. (skid). I believe that GM parts direct needed a Vin number to check the availability of a 'set'... Much cheaper this way..

wildwhl
08-28-04, 08:15 PM
lasstss-

ever find out any more about this?

sefa01
08-29-04, 12:08 AM
Correct wheel part # is 9595354. Lists for close to $700 per. Best price I've seen is about $375 from www.gmpartsdirect.com. Shipping is expensive--$75 per tire. But the total cost of about $450 delivered is cheaper than anyone else. Incidentally, you don't save on shipping if you buy four: total cost is still about $450 per wheel or $1,800 for the set.

lasstss
08-29-04, 01:26 AM
I checked with my contact. No wheel 'kit' has ben offered for the V. You have to buy as ea.

StealthV
08-29-04, 02:12 AM
I checked with my contact. No wheel 'kit' has ben offered for the V. You have to buy as ea.

Dal couldn't find one? ;)

Dreamin
08-29-04, 02:32 AM
wildwhl, if you're looking for a winter set or a cheaper set of wheels... Tirerack has the millie miglia for $249 (18x8)...

sefa01
08-29-04, 08:54 AM
wildwhl, if you're looking for a winter set or a cheaper set of wheels... Tirerack has the millie miglia for $249 (18x8)...

But they won't have it until Sept. 17. And I've been going round and round with them about the tire sensors. They still can't tell me if they can (or will) get them. I can't see getting the tires mounted by TireRack on the Mille Miglia and then having a local tire shop put the sensors on.

I even offered to send them the sensors (only $49 at gmpartsdirect.com), but they say they can't do that.

wildwhl
08-29-04, 01:47 PM
Actually, my desire to find another set of stock wheels has to do with having them widened for a stealth install of some larger meat :) 3 (that three is my 3 year old son helping me type right now)33

I would then like my original rims to have winter tires in the winter, and autox tires in the summer!

I'll keep digging and find a solution. I emailed Chuck Mallett to see if he would share what the max wheel widths are that he has managed without any minitubs or other modifications. We'll see if he responds. I know someone on this board has some 19x10 on the rear (CCW's) I think, but not too sure of the backspacing used, etc. Haven't used the search function to find out either...

Soon there will be many other wheel options for the V - but I'm TOTALLY SOLD on the design of the stock wheel. It just "works" with the creased edges on the CTS body style.

Dreamin
08-29-04, 07:03 PM
Yep, had the same idea a while ago... i too really like the look of the factory wheels: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15544 (thread didn't go anywhere).

I REALLY wanted to do this, and did some research, but chickened out as i was nervous about the strength of widened wheels, given that i plan to track (road race) the car as often as I can. And it didn't seem worth all the work given the 'modest' clearance in the rear (for stock wheel widening).

If you dont want to run spacers, I measured more than 3/4" but less than 1" clearance between the inside rear wheel and trailing arm. So maybe a 7/8" widening...(my measurements might be off a little, it's tough to measure with the curves there.)

This is with stock wheels... with 19" wheels, given the shape of the trailing arms you'd have more inboard clearance. Also, the BMR trailing arms will give more inboard clearance (according to LPE), i guess they're thinner or curved more in the right place.

Anyway, keep us posted... i could easily be convinced to do this, if you come up with a good solution! Do you know a good wheel widening place??

benjet
08-29-04, 10:17 PM
Anyway, keep us posted... i could easily be convinced to do this, if you come up with a good solution! Do you know a good wheel widening place??

I *THINK* wheel techinques will do this (for us) locally.

wildwhl
08-29-04, 11:27 PM
benjet -

Let me know what you find out.

I have a local source that can do it - although this isn't his business. He is actually just an extremely good machinist/fabricator. The 3 wheeled car I've shown a clip or two on this forum has several parts he made on it - including some very trick wheel spacers - very difficult and very trick.

I spoke with him about it since I know he made the wheels that are on his Willy's project...and he sort of declined, and then was more interested once he saw the V and began to understand the nature of the beast. I plan to see him this week and talk the subject again.

The marginal increase in rim width for the rear will let us go to, I think, something like a 275 section? Could be wrong, and to do this I believe a combination of 1-1.5" widening and an associated spacer would be necessary. Haven't really done the math or taken any measurements as I figured someone else would ge to it by now :)

Anybody know who makes the stock wheels?

I'll keep the forum posted on what I learn!

StealthV
08-30-04, 12:41 AM
Speedline makes the V's wheels in Italy.

Dreamin
08-30-04, 01:52 AM
Interesting... speedline makes the Z06 wheels.

And i'll give Wheel Technique a call, there just a few minutes from me... I have had wheels painted there, but never anything as involved as this.

lasstss
08-30-04, 12:33 PM
Superior makes the V wheel. I read it somewhere. They also make the Impala wheels.

StealthV
08-30-04, 01:56 PM
Speedline. Italy. :)

Dreamin
08-30-04, 02:18 PM
"Speedline" is stamped on the inside of the Z06 wheel... same for V?

And R&T seems to agree with Stealth: http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=6&article_id=719

StealthV
08-30-04, 02:58 PM
:)