: OnStar Module Removal: Got a Couple Questions?

dstathos
07-14-09, 05:38 PM
Has anyone swapped out their OnStar Module on an '03 Caddy Lade?

I am preparing to swap out my OnStar Module with CoStarTech's module. I found my module behind the glove compartment sitting vertical (with the connections on the bottom) just beyond the passenger airbag container.

I can only see/feel one screw holding this thing from the bottom. Are there any more? Do I also have to get to it from the top as well?

If anybody has done this before, please respond.

Thanks!

Tug Boat
07-14-09, 09:12 PM

I am preparing to swap out my OnStar Module with CoStarTech's module. I found my module behind the glove compartment sitting vertical (with the connections on the bottom) just beyond the passenger airbag container.

I can only see/feel one screw holding this thing from the bottom. Are there any more? Do I also have to get to it from the top as well?

Thanks!

You don't need to remove the On Star module. Just unplug it, connect the plugs to the CoStar module and use the double sided tape to mount the CoStar unit to your firewall.

big.eds
08-17-09, 02:58 PM

Thanks!

I bought the CoStar unit and after a simple pull of the plug from the mounted OnStar unit....just plug in your unit and stuff it up in the open space back there. WORKS like a charm.

As an aside. i brought my truck in for service and they needed to disconnect the unit in order for their tools to see the truck or do any reset...simply word of advice. let them know you have disconnected the OnStar module.