: Got the 2009 Nav Disc Update, now Nav wierd

Berger 93
07-14-09, 12:28 PM
I loaded my new 2009 NAV Discs the GM sent me for my update, but now it acts oddly . . .

Most notably, the "button" or rectangle that said [GPS] is now not on the screen and the NAV seems a bit "jerky" even indicated I was on a parralleing street for a while . . .

Anybody have the "newer" disc(s) and have an issue?

Or is there "something" I am supposed to do? :confused:

Thanks!

LITTLEELVISDAN
07-14-09, 12:59 PM
my new ones worked flawlessly. Actually is was smooth as glass

CIWS
07-14-09, 01:02 PM
Dates on the disks are not always accurate for comparison's sake. Best thing to compare is the version number of the disk. I'll have to look and see what mine is when I get home.

Blades
07-17-09, 03:10 PM
Wouldn't the part # be more specific. I guess year and version would work well too. The newer discs are split between east and west, yet are the same size as the single east/west disc. This indicates a larger denisty of info per square mile.. meaning your reader has to read more data - more data for the same reason why each coast is now 7.5gb instead of around ~4.0.

I wonder if this plays a part in the performance of the new discs.. It most certainly does, but I wonder if it is really noticable. The thing to look out for is if you are displaying POI and how far in you are zoomed. Wouldn't it be neat if we could grab an old HDD and throw the cd image on there? :) Not going to happen. Oh well.

CIWS
07-17-09, 05:40 PM
GM Part # 25852830U

DVD Rom Version 4.0

DW464210-6820 and 6830 (east and west disks)

This is the last ones I have been sent.