: Technical help with Rear suspension

JeXeR
07-14-09, 11:16 AM
Hey,

I have an 03 escalade. Recently the Service Ride Control message popped up. After exhaustive searhing I have not read anything about what my shop tech told me the issue was. I took my vehicle to a buddies auto shop and had my air compressor checked by having them hook the compressor up to a power source and it fired up fine. They checked the lines and fuses and they were fine. So the technician told me it was the computer module that sends the commands to the compressor. He said it was called an Electronic Ride Control Module. This part is supposedly in the rear of the truck but I think he said it was on the opposite side of the compressor (passenger rear). Do any of you know of this part and why I am having such a hard time finding a replacement? He gave me a Service # for the part and said any replacement I find has to work with that number.

05Yukon
07-14-09, 11:52 AM
I just had mine replaced in my 05 Yukon. The extended warranty paid for it but I think it was like a $500 part. This module also has to be programed by the dealer. I don't know if you can take one that is used and put it in. It might be a dealer only part I don't know.

sk7
07-22-09, 11:57 PM
The suspension control module is located in the rear of the truck, passenger side. If you look at the thread "million dollar question about air compressor relay," I posted pics of the module and where its located. Replacement does have to be programmed by the dealer with tech 2 device. Having the same issues with my 02, I'm gonna overide manually the system for awhile see if it helps.

Espritv8
01-15-10, 11:59 AM
overide manually???

sk7
01-15-10, 01:02 PM
I added a switch and a LED to monitor the compressor run status while I was investigating why the system was inop. You just need to supply ground to the ltblue wire at the relay to enable the compressor. It is a guessing game since there's no reference to how much you are actually putting in. I have since found the problem (exhaust solenoid on compressor) but still kept the switch and led. It provides a visual clue that the compressor is runnning. I can't always hear it run over the sound of the corsa sport!