: Air ride compressor

egheorghe
07-14-09, 12:43 AM
Hi there,

I had just replaced the air ride compressor with a used one, but not it takes kind of long for the car to rise to the right level. Do you think it might be something i did wrong or there is a air leak that caused the other compressor to brake and the problem is still there?
What should I check first? When there is 3 people on the back seat the compressor works for several minutes. Is that normal? Maybe I just pay too much attention to it now.....
Thanks!

Submariner409
07-14-09, 10:27 AM
If the compressor assembly levels the car and shuts off, that's OK. If it cycles on and off, even every 5 minutes, you have a slow leak.

Actually, it should take no more than 15 - 20 seconds to adjust level.

egheorghe
07-14-09, 05:50 PM
Thank you!
Well it brings the car at the right level, but I think it takes too long.
Do you know if there is a certain pressure that the compressor should pump out air and how/if I can check that?

AlBundy
07-14-09, 05:52 PM
Did you check for codes?

egheorghe
07-15-09, 12:47 AM
No codes

tateos
07-15-09, 09:12 PM
The replacement pump could be worn and weak.

Also, the pump usually wears out as a result of a leak that caused the original compressor to overwork.

Two possibilities.

egheorghe
07-15-09, 09:29 PM
Thank you guys!
I'll try to see if there is a leak in the system.
OOoo, another question: Is it possible that the shocks are loosing air or just the air lines?

Submariner409
07-15-09, 10:13 PM
Use the tried and true technique of getting the car up on a lift, start the engine and level the car. Shut down and spray a soap solution over the shocks and lines. Bubbles ??? Leak. You may have to trace the problem all the way back to the compressor connector.