: DESPERATELY NEED Chrome trunk trim for my 91 Brougham!

CADDYDADDY13
07-14-09, 12:08 AM
Hi, guys I haven't been around much but in June I hit a deer with my triple black 91 Brougham!:crying::crying: But now the car is being redone and i had the trunk repainted. The car should be finished by friday! :D
But now I need the chrome trim piece that is above the license plate Mine is a little pitted and has a gouge in it.....

So I desperately need a good condition replacement!!!!!!!

If anyone has one or can help, please let me know!!!!!

Thanks guys

sven914
07-14-09, 12:42 AM
If you mean the piece over the rear plate: eBay! (http://shop.ebay.com/items/__cadillac-brougham-chrome?Model%2520Year=1992&_dmpt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&_fln=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282)

csbuckn
07-14-09, 02:38 AM
See what it looks like without it. Just have the full lock emblem with no trim and no caddy script. It would look nice in black too

Aron9000
07-14-09, 04:12 PM
See what it looks like without it. Just have the full lock emblem with no trim and no caddy script. It would look nice in black too

You gotta have all the jewelry. Shaving emblems and chrome trim looks good when you're doing a radical custom on a vintage car, but it just looks bad on these cars in my book. The fun of these things is how overdecorated they came from the factory.

sven914
07-14-09, 05:16 PM

You got have some thing to enhance the shield. The lock sticks out too far and doesn't mesh with the rest of the car. Thats why, when they dropped the V from the hood ornaments, the car's still had them on the trunk deck.

But if I wanted to change the look of the rear end (and I have) I would drop the fruity wreath and put the, more powerful and prestigious (in my opinion), V under the lock.

Aron9000
07-14-09, 05:22 PM
But if I wanted to change the look of the rear end (and I have) I would drop the fruity wreath and put the, more powerful and prestigious (in my opinion), V under the lock.

Back in the day, the regular Devilles got the crest and V, while the more expensive Fleetwoods got the wreath and crest.

Although I do think the V looks good as well, but if you get rid of the wreath on the trunk, I personally think you need to eliminate the wreath from the other 436 Cadillac crests on the car.

sven914
07-14-09, 10:55 PM
if you get rid of the wreath on the trunk, I personally think you need to eliminate the wreath from the other 436 Cadillac crests on the car.

I've got a pleasant mix between wreaths and Vs. I've got the stock wreath crest hood ornament, Vs under the door locks (from the C pillar of a Sedan De Ville), the stock wreaths under the C pillar shields and the a V crest on the trunk. I also replaced the square lenses, on the interior door lamps, with ones from a Sedan De Ville that have the crest in place of the blank metal square. And as if I need any more Cadillac logos, I mounted a replica 40's hood ornament to the grill header; it doesn't have a V or wreath so it balances everything out.

csbuckn
07-15-09, 08:58 PM
I saw your Vs under the locks and thought they were groovy, they fit the boxyness of the car better then the crest, IMO. My trunk lock/emblem/crest was chipped and missing before I got it so I was gonna bondo the hole and I have a stick-on cadillac emblem(dont know how I got it) thats pretty flat to put on. I didnt know that piece was so much on ebay, gotta take mine off the parts car.