: Removed Corsas, placed stock mufflers with AR Headers- sounds great!

kencav
07-13-09, 10:30 PM
Chopmeat you were right- this combo sounds great

Car back from shop-running great- no CEL

Low end torque is amazing

johnnycars1
07-14-09, 03:27 AM
was this a 2009 cts-v, what did you do with the corsas you removed.

aceofblitz
07-14-09, 04:52 AM
I really wish you have the time to record a video of a drive-by, rev, etc so we can get an idea of how it sounds. I didn't even think of touching the exhaust because I dont want the car to sound excessive.
VIDS PLEASE :o

chopmeat
07-14-09, 09:45 PM
Awesome!!!!LOL!
I just did that exact same thing and it sounds just PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nutz
07-14-09, 10:19 PM
:pop2:

RapidRob
07-14-09, 10:24 PM
:pop2:

LOL - whatcha waitin for Nutz?

Rob

Nutz
07-14-09, 10:26 PM
LOL - whatcha waitin for Nutz?

RobSome cool video and an excuse to spend moar on me new ryde.:lildevil:

RapidRob
07-14-09, 10:40 PM
Some cool video and an excuse to spend moar on me new ryde.:lildevil:

Gotcha - I already have the W4M exhaust from the cats back to OEM mufflers, (not installed yet). I think I'm going to pass on the headers because W4M dynoed his v2 with/without headers early on, and said that little or no gains were made by using headers and that the OEM manifolds had excellent flow. Headers may effect how the exhaust sounds however, if that's what's important ...

Rob

Nutz
07-14-09, 10:53 PM
Gotcha - I already have the W4M exhaust from the cats back to OEM mufflers, (not installed yet). I think I'm going to pass on the headers because W4M dynoed his v2 with/without headers early on, and said that little or no gains were made by using headers and that the OEM manifolds had excellent flow. Headers may effect how the exhaust sounds however, if that's what's important ...

RobBasically want to hear the sound, plus I've been offered to receive a set of headers from a company in my area that wants to use my car for r&d. :thumbsup:

Florian
07-14-09, 10:59 PM
Basically want to hear the sound, plus I've been offered to receive a set of headers from a company in my area that wants to use my car for r&d. :thumbsup:

I hope is isnt SW....

F

Nutz
07-14-09, 11:03 PM
I hope is isnt SW....

FHmm, PM, do tell.

REDIMIX
07-15-09, 02:37 AM
I think I'm going to pass on the headers because W4M dynoed his v2 with/without headers early on, and said that little or no gains were made by u
Using headers

DONT KNOW WHO IS FEEDING YOU THE BULLSHIT BUT I MADE 630 RWHP THREW THE AUTOMATIC 50 OF THAT WAS FROM THE AMERICAN RACING HEADERS. THOSE STOCK MANIFOLD'S SUCK FIND ANOTHER TUNER.

wait4me
07-15-09, 10:21 AM
DONT KNOW WHO IS FEEDING YOU THE BULLSHIT BUT I MADE 630 RWHP THREW THE AUTOMATIC 50 OF THAT WAS FROM THE AMERICAN RACING HEADERS. THOSE STOCK MANIFOLD'S SUCK FIND ANOTHER TUNER.

That is pretty mean to say Redimix.. Just because you hit that amount of horsepower does not mean it was attributed fully to the headers. As you go up in horsepower, the CENTER CRIMPED SECTIONS OF EXHAUST are where the major hold backs are in horsepower. Removing them nets nearly the same results.

The more horsepower you make, the more the crimped center starts to become more and more of a restriction. EVEN at stock horsepower levels, and you dyno before and after without JUST THE CENTER SECTION, the car gains 18rwhp. This is at STOCK horsepower levels. If you do the math, and draw a line in a spread sheet of power lost due to restriction at different horsepower levels, im sure that "50" hp level wouldnt be so much of a gain with JUST a header/manifold swap and retaining the modified Center section..

Im not trying to knock anything. I just like to keep facts as straight as possible so people know exactly what is to gain by what modification....

Gotham CTS-V
07-15-09, 10:27 AM
As far as sound goes, I always find it is best to leave the stock mufflers alone and swap out the headers and rest of the exhaust. It gives V8's a thunderous sound that is loud as hell on wide open throttle, but it won't drone bad or have a super deep tone like an aftermarket muffler would give. Of course, this depends on the manufacturer/car/etc.

Tuan_CTSV
07-15-09, 10:39 AM
I believe the AR headers are pretty much from the Header through an X pipe, all the way back to the stock mufflers. Hence deleting the crinkle part of the muffler right after the stock cats.

Brentrokc
07-15-09, 12:22 PM
What size is the stock catback? I run the stock catback on my Z06, but with longtubes and highflow cats. Sounds great! I know I could pick up a few by running the mufflers, but the sound is perfect!

Vid!!!!

Z06ified
07-15-09, 02:37 PM
What's wrong with SW? I have their headers on my '02 Z06, and they're awesome. Perfect fit, and no issues in 30k miles and 5 years.