: Ipod Cable Question

INDY98
07-13-09, 05:28 PM
2009 STS With XM Nav

I was wondering if I missed something. I just hooked up my iPod to the STS AUX in the glove box and can only get sound out of the left side speakers. All the plugs from the iPod have musc output and switching them around has no effect. Just wondering if I am missing a setting in some setup menu just had the car a week and still learning what the audio system is capable of.

MacMuse
07-14-09, 02:15 PM
Is your cable connected to the iPod's headphone jack or the flat docking slot on the bottom? In either case, try a different cable or at least try using the cable on other equipment to try and verify if the cable works.

INDY98
07-14-09, 06:49 PM
The connector is on the bottom of the iPod. If I connect it to another audio input device the Ipod plays both left and right audio tracks. Wondering if it could be the head unit in the STS?? Funny all the other functions on the head unit work great. When you go to the ACC screen you get the following icons - On Star, Blue Tooth, Audio

Thanks

INDY98

still_walkin
07-15-09, 02:14 PM
Try another cable and ipod and see if you get the same results. Another thing you can do is if you have a amp plug the ipod up to the cable and if the other end of the cable has rca ends plug it into the audio inputs and see if you have signal on the left and right.

INDY98
07-15-09, 04:07 PM
I think its a setting on the Head Unit. I can plug both Red and White RCA connectors from the iPod cable into the Aux Red and White on the CTS switch them around and still get only audio on the left speaker system nothing on the right. So both AUX inputs on the STS are carrying audio to the head unit and both RCA's on the iPod have audio output. Thats why I was wondering if it just may be a setting in the Head Unit. If no one can come up with an answer I guess it will be a trip to the dealer.

INDY98
08-15-09, 05:53 PM
Took the car to the dealer. After 4 hours talking to a GM Factory Expert New Head Unit was ordered.

INDY98
10-01-09, 06:33 PM
Just an update - Installed the new head unit at the dealer today - same problem - They think it is the cable from the Aux jacks to the head unit. Looking at the wireing diagram there is a pink wire that tells the head unit that the Aux is connected. I bet the Tech a beer that this was the problem. Guess we will wait and see. I do not have a wireing diagram for the Aux plug assembley. Does anyone have access to this diagram?